1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We ALL know Tate is but

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, Jul 18, 2022.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

This. The three combined should make us a good D rebounding unit as well.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Senguin isn't going to last 48 mins.

He should only start when he earns it by committing less stupid fouls and improve his defensive presence.

3. maj21

maj21 Member

I believe Sengun is gonna be a good player in this league. I’m just not all the way sold on if he’s the right kind of player for this team. Let’s be fair and give him the next year or 2 to prove that he is.

ApacheWarrior and javal_lon like this.
  4. bmelo

bmelo Member

We have KPJ as a starting pg, of course Sengun should start

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I am penciling in Victor Wembanyama, Derek Lively or Kael Ware from the draft as long term center. Or if we nab Scoot, perhaps Myles Turner in free agency.

I dont like Sengun as a starter. I want Defense and Rebounding from my center position.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  6. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Sengun will start.

Honestly, I want him to get as many reps as possible with a full scouting report so he learns how to be a dominant offensive player. I actually think he has the biggest burden of expectations on this team. Not the highest expectations, just highest burden. If he doesn't reach his potential he probably doesn't stick eith this team. Jalen/KPJ/Jabari could all underachieve and still be valuable pieces on a championship team. They can each play atleasr a couple positions and you could hide Jalen/KPJ defensively, if necessary. Centers can't hide.

Sengun has to basically reach his max potential to justify running the offense through the center and him not being a great defender. If he's not a big plus on offense then you wouldn't be able to justify playing him in a deep playoff run.

bmelo and conquistador#11 like this.
  7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

So clearly we don't ALL know!!

8. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Depends on the personnel around him, he’s certainly a starter on this team.

9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I like Sengun... i expect him to start this year... i also dont expect him to keep the starting job next year...
    I think he can be a serviceable starting center on a lower level team... but i dont see him developing into an all star or along those lines...
    just my opinion... i hope i'm wrong and he goes on to be league MVP and lead us to multiple championships...
    we'll see...

Tate is not starter material... but a good hustle guy off the bench...

10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with your assessment. Only thing, I would like for them to make the Play-in game.

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

So many people here don’t even know what they have in Sengun. As a 19 yo he outperformed 20 yo rookie Sabonis in every single way possible. He is already a much better rim protector than Sabonis ever will be. So worst case we saw looking at a multiple allstar.

also, highly likely that Sengun will be the best player on the team next year. Find any stat that measures winning, rpm, bpm, winshare, raptor, lebron etc and I will bet you that he will lead the team in it next year.

mirdirir and bmelo like this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sengun deniers are in for a nice goosing...

[​IMG]

conquistador#11 and Deckard like this.
  13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Sengun should start.

Tate? No

14. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

It never occurred to me for even a second that Sengun might not start or this team. Now do I think he’s ready? That’s a different story. We’ll see soon enough.

15. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

It seems trading Wood meant that Sengun takes on the starting role. And his 1st-year stats of almost 10 ppg/5.5 rbs/2.5 apg deserves a starting role.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Sengun will start because the Rockets just drafted the defense they needed next to him.

burlesk and fattz like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this board hates sengun, even those who preface their words by the fakest 'i love sengun but' to give their fake opinions some credibility cause what they mean by i love sengun is i love his offcourt persona and his former translator...

this board hate sengun's game and its so fitting that their team failed to make the finals by missing 27 consecutive 3s....

bmelo and conquistador#11 like this.
  18. marinara

marinara Member

In what world does Sengun and Tate not start?

They just paid Tate and traded Wood to give Sengun the starter spot.

What’s changed?

19. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

While I agree regarding Sengun, they contract they gave Tate isn’t some crazy, must-start contract. The Rockets are paying Gordon three times as much as Tate.

20. marinara

marinara Member

They did start Gordon last season at 3 though, I think it’s basically Tates come opening night with the hope that Tari can play his way into the starter spot during the season.