1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020: What Are You Watching - Corona Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Mar 15, 2020.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Been watching The Girl That Lay Lay it's sort of a prequel to The Girl on the Train I think.

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

Resident Evil Series on Netflix.

Id rather **** in my hands and give myself a round of applause before I'd watch another episode. I stomached about half way through the season but it is terrible on all fronts. Lance Reddick can barely save this show. 'Storyline' is generic as possible and I don't think anything was thought out when filiming because some of the choices that the main characters and other characters make is so ridiculous. Everything that has to deal with young Jade and youn Billie is cringe. I honestly think if they removed any notion of Resident Evil to this, they may of gotten better ratings.

So Umbrella's corps state of the art research center has 0 guards and a simple voice recognition security system. And the 1st 20mins of the 1st episode, let's observe zombies with bait but I'll observe 10feet away from the bait. And yes, let's keep our daughter in the same room while I test an expiermental zombie repellent on a live subject.

clos4life likes this.
  3. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

The Bear on Hulu. I’m too old, too married, and surely too white, but I’m totally in love with Sydney.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Just finished Mystery Road 1st season on Amazon, 7/10 pretty interesting cast and a beautiful location most of the cast were aboriginal which was interesting, the plot was nothing new but executed well.

There are movies with the same detective but I have not watched those.

5. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

6. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I binged season 4 of Yellowstone on Sat and DAM......love this show, Kevin Costner is awesome

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

2 episodes into Terminal List. Kinda sucks. But if you're one of those people that complain about shows being WOKEEEEEEE. This is for you.

FrontRunner likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A documentary, narrated by James Coburn, about a Hollywood movie star unlike any other, and one of my favorites, Steve McQueen:

9. Buck Turgidson

Just started Letterkenny recently, something that I'd slept on for years...this is quality stuff.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Watch 'The Resort' on Peacock. It's quite good.

Man and woman in a failing marriage go on a island vacation. Woman finds a Razr flip phone from 2007 that belonged to someone that was on that island two days before a major 2007 natural disaster hit. Man and woman try to find out who the owner of the phone was, and uncover a far larger mystery. May involve time travel, somehow.

12. Buck Turgidson

Reservation Dogs is back for Season 2, it's great.

gifford1967 likes this.
  13. conquistador#11

3rd time I've fallen asleep on the 1st episode of Sandman. The world is trying to send me a message. The show might not be for me. It happens.

The Rehearsal,( HBOmax), on the other hand is borderline genius. I was not familiar with Nathan Fielder before this show. I don't know if they can keep this up for future seasons.

clos4life likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Never heard of it will have to check it out.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I watched the 1st episode and it was ok a bit slow but I knew this show would have a lot to unpack, liking it so far makes me want to actually read the comic.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Up to the last episode of Sandman. I’m really impressed and enjoying it.

The episode about Hob was really well done. Kind of fascinating that the 500 years between 1389-1889 not a lot had changed. Still using horses to get around and candles and oil for light. Then jump to 1989 and boom modern world.

17. i3artow i3aller

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Have never watched this but some people love this show.

19. conquistador#11

Quantum Leap- the original on Peacock. I'm still not sure what I would rate it. The episodes are cheesy, good. I just thought that his missions would be not so random and more in the historical content. I did learn that you could lose a thumb from Lassoing? That's crazy.

20. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Watching 'Life Below Zero' which since I like watching survival shows, thought I'd check out.

Also stumbled upon this show on Netflix 'Mo' which is based and filmed in Houston. It has a lot of Houston celebrities and a few Rocket references so far, it's pretty funny.