1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When will you begin worrying about Jabaris jumper?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by my time to shine, Jul 15, 2022.

?

Are you worried about Jabari’s NBA shot?

1. **** yeah I am

24 vote(s)
    12.1%
  2. Nope!

174 vote(s)
    87.9%
  1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Correction he showed that in his 3rd SL game where shot 50% from the field and 60% from 3.

2. Salvy

Salvy Member

I've decided I will start worrying about Jabari's jumper when Jabari stops playing defense like he has in the summer league. Dude is a winning player, the rest is a plus.... But if he gets that jumper going, watch out...

3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Jabari shoot 37% in 5 SL games. I guess it’s the worst in top 6 draft pick this season.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Am I worried about his shot? Not really, shooting are just results of practice and muscle memory so he should be fine once SL is over and the shooting coaches start working on him. Once thing we can see is the shot is flat with little arc so thsts prob why it isnt going in. Maybe its because he been going against scrubs in NCAA so long he got used to having so much space and time on his shot thats why it is affecting him right now. He really has until next year to work on his J, Rox should he tanking this year anyway so it doesnt matter.

Am I disappointed on his play so far? Hell yeah I am. I love the defense and energy, but I had him as my no 1 player in the draft so I am def disappointed he cant shoot for **** so far. Shooting is the main reason we picked him up, he can be bad at everything else EXCEPT shooting and defense. I know Jabari is young, but at the same time he has been the only crsppy shooter in the top 5 so far. Even Jalen Duren is outplaying him right now and he is even younger. Hell Jay Huff is shooting better than him, and that dude is undrafted.

I hope Jabari pulls himself together in the offseason. He's the 3rd pick in a loaded draft, and he was disppointed he didnt go first. That comes with a lot of expectations despite his young age.

leebigez and PeterKingX like this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah but you said he didnt show his shooting in 5 games. I'm just telling you showed it in 1 of 5 games.

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I know what you mean.
    People said Jabari has the best shooting in top 3 pick players. Obviously 1/5 is not enough to prove.

7. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Neither is 5 summer league games to prove he can't

Hakeemtheking and Easy like this.
  8. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Except when he shoots 37 percent apparently there are threads talking about whne we will be worried about his jumper

9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Honestly won't worry about it at all the first season. Another good draft pick for next season.

The 2023-2024 season is when I'm expecting this team to no longer be tanking, and I will be concerned about Jabari's jumper then after a full season and two pre-seasons.

10. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Last season it was "Green is Corey Brewer", "Green is the worst player in the league"; this season is "Jabari can't shoot"... where do these idiots come from?

Boii, cbass, No Worries and 4 others like this.
  11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I’m not worried about his jumper. He’ll get his shot together.

I will say, Jabari was my third choice. But I was still very happy to be in a position to get him.

Also, I believe Jabari was maybe the best fit for the guys currently on the roster.

He slides in well with KPJ Jalen and Sengun.

And this will allow KPJ and Jalen to be the main ball handlers and really unlock their games. No more wood holding the ball and not setting screens.
    Both Sengun and Smith will set better screens this year.

And Jabari will move and position himself as and outlet to spread the floor. Really this was the best pick for KPJ and Sengun. Hopefully they both capitalize.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The complete lack of arc to his shot in comparison to his college shooting is indeed an issue.

13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Future role player.

I'll take him though.

14. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Everybody remember this dumb ass comment “Future role player”

15. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Why did I click on this dumbass thread? Please stop criticizing it doesn’t help but create bad mojo around Jabari. If it was Chet or banchero or Jordan himself people gonna have sheat to criticize. We are rebuilding then we’ll be dynastic like the Astros did. Then years from. I’m, we’ll be pulling up dumb posts like this. Don’t be THAT guy/gal/non-binary lol

16. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

i'll worry in march until then not worried let him show us what he got. Needs improvement by march or I will be worried.

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

not being an *******

but maybe it’s because he hasn’t played legit 5on5 basketball since march.

this doesn’t ever seem to be mentioned or even brought up at all.

after march madness is over all the players getting ready for the draft especially the guys like Jabari projected to be top 5 picks don’t play ball they don’t really even play pick up ball. There doing drills and workouts that’s about as much as they do basketball wise.

so I’m not worried one bit. Everyone knows his strongest skill set is his shooting. Which can be difficult to just turn on when You haven’t played live ball in 4+ months.

I’m happy with Jabari, he’s shown a little bit of being able to put the ball in the floor and make some moves, creating his own shot. His defense was better than advertised. I love that it’s important to him and he’s so confident in that side of the ball. He thinks he can be an all nba defender his rookie year. His rebounding has been very good as well.

Jabari has been better than I thought. If he was shooting his normal percentages then he would be the talk of Vegas because of everything else he’s doing at a high level.

he’d be putting up 20+ a game with 10 rebounds and elite defense,

would that have been nice and fun to talk about and toot our own horn? Hell yes it would.

but the fact that he’s doing everything on the court at a high level besides shooting makes me very happy because shootings is his biggest strength.

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Future defensive mvp

19. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Jalen Green had 53% shooting last SL.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

He looked like Channing Frye out there.

hakeem94 likes this.