1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Eric Gordon Trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Landry's Tooth

Everything I've read has Eason being very raw offensively and needing to develop an outside shot...

He shot 35% last year which is an improvement over his 24% the year prior, but it's not on volume.

I'm not saying don't play him, I'm just saying he's not expected to start day 1.

NBA draft room

"He's not much of a 3pt shooter or mid range threat and will have to add to his game to reach his nba potential"

Here are some comparisons some draft websites have...

OG Anunoby
    PJ Tucker
    Jerami Grant

Good players but they weren't playing major minutes right away... OG started but played 20 minutes...

I expect at least the first half he comes off the bench 15 to 20 minutes and if the 3pt shot falls he may start by end of the year...

2. PatBev

PatBev Member

Tate should be moved. Gordon should start with Tari coming off the bench. Then Tari can start next year. I personally want Gordon on the team to help get the kids some wins

jcmoon and fattz like this.
  3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Wow. I thought this argument had died because even the least sensible among us had come around to the fact that we would not have lost enough games to get Jalen Green and Jabari Smith if we'd have kept guys like Jarrett Allen and Caris LeVert. But I guess you're still holding onto it.

And I damn sure better not have it confirmed that the pick we got became Josh Christopher and you're still mad over it or we're gonna throw hands, bro.

#623 Williamson, Jul 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
  4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

We could have been rolling out an amazing lineup this year of

Nix
    LeVert
    Allen
    Wood
    Gordon

Good for 32 wins and a late lotto?? No future talent and overpaying a decent C with no star or complementary pieces....

5. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

At least til trade deadline.

fattz likes this.
  6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

What evidence is there that we would have acquired Allen, avoided the dumpster fire that is Simmons and then magically acquired Green and Smith to compliment Allen while Allen pushes Sengun to the bench. AND then we max out Allen.

The interesting thing about it is that you are actually "The Trumper" if this parricular fantasy.

We clearly valued an unprotected pick+the value of Allen not helping us win games+ not paying Allen 90 million dollars while we climb back to respectability.

We also seem inclined to want to play with a 5 that is more diversified on offense.

Let it go. Stone is making sound decisions and sticking to a plan. If Allen had been part of the plan, I'd guess Simmons would have been as well. But regardless, moving Allen was the right thing.

7. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I'd understand if the plan wasn't working, but at this point it is. Yeah, luck was involved when we got Green, but that's why you give yourself the best odds.

I just don't see how anyone can complain about the rebuild plan at this point, especially knowing we have an owner that won't spend any $$.

Slyonebluejay, Mathloom and Dobbizzle like this.
  8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

He's not complaining. He just likes to throw shade at Stone. Anyone that says Stone has been anything but above average is off to me.

The Oladipo extension would have sucked and is an outlier in the decision making. I have to guess he thought VO would play to a level of giving himself positive trade value.

Obviously that has not happened, and looks like that would not have happened. IDK. Maybe he got away with one, or maybe he made a cursory offer to remain consistent in continuing to change the way that we deal with players. Thats about the only dumb thing.

We are loaded. The Westbrook debt sucks but our future is beond bright.

Allen
    Tate/Thybulle
    Dipo
    Gordon
    Simmons/Maxey

Is what we roll out in his 2020-2021 fantasy post January. Hmmmm no on finishing low enough to keep our pick. Probably dont take the shot on KPJ

Then we follow up with 2021-2022 of

Allen/Garuba
    Sengun/Thybulle
    Gordon/Tate
    Maxey/Gordon
    Simmons

Oh boy! 34 and 48 netting us maybe only Tari Eason.

Simmons rolls into 2022-2023 wanting out, maxed out. Faking back and brain injuries. Shoot, let us be honest and admit
    that probably would have happened earlier.

Allen taking up a bunch of cap too. Not being able to tank in 2023, looking at the debt to OKC with NO Brooklyn picks but maybe some protected Philly picks.

We is living the best case scenario. Well done Stone!

TheJuice likes this.
  9. Landry's Tooth

Are you talking about Crane or Fertitta?

10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yeah, I'm not buying the Rockets don't want LaVert / J Allen
    because we might win.....but truly wanted Oladipo to
    sign an extension.

But that's the past. I'm looking forward and so should others. That includes the
    Banchero masses wishing or clinging to the image of Banchero in a Rockets
    uniform. People need to get over it.

D-rock and fattz like this.
  11. VoR

VoR Member

My only requirement: send Gordon where he can win a chip.

fckbandwagons and HP3 like this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

Also another requirement never to GS or Dallas......or LA.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Let’s face it, Eric Gordon is not getting traded until the deadline, if at all. If EG was going to be traded, he would have already been traded.

Corrosion, Little Bit, jcmoon and 2 others like this.
  14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Let's say at the deadline, Milawaukee has one of the best records in the league. Would you trade Gordon for filler and the chance to push the pick into 2024?

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The KD trade request fiasco could be a hurdle with PHX being a potential landing spot.

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Stone is screwing up bad then. The is just getting older which makes a diminishing asset. All we need is for him to go into a shooting slump or get injured.

17. fattz

fattz Member

Gordon has purposely stayed a Rocket because he has more value to us than other teams. We need leadership to move forward and that is his function. I personally would move Tate and/or Porter (don’t want to overpay or on a long contract) before Gordon. Gordon should be waived after the trade deadline to ring chase & we can use his cap space and roster spot moving forward, too.

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

So, now that we are pretty sure EG is gonna be on the team, at least through most of the season, this is what the 15-man roster/depth chart looks like?

Sengun/?/Garuba (I guess)
    Jabari/KJ/Tari
    Gordon/Tate/Nwaba
    Green/Christopher/Gary Bird
    KPJ/Nix/Washington

We are definitely in the Victor and Scoot sweepstakes lol. Get ready for a ton more Silas hate, but potentially another great draft night.

19. RoadWarrior

RoadWarrior Member

I doubt anything gets done until August 23, when the Dallas players can be aggregated in a trade.
    Otherwise, a couple of them probably would have been waived by now.
    That's about $36-37 Million in expiring contracts with Gordon, Nwaba (team option next year) and the Dallas 4.
    Or they could just combine Nwaba/Dallas players for smaller contracts (plus Martin).

Shark44 and jcmoon like this.
  20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I can't believe people are implying we need to do right by Gordon. F that. When this extension was signed years ago, it was obvious we were doing him a favor, paying him extra. He got his money, I don't have sympathy for him and I can still appreciate what he's done for us.

Now it's difficult to trade a late career Gordon at $20m when it's a whole career of injury proneness behind him. So even if he played well last season you don't know if he's going to play a lot next season. It is what it is.

Do what's best for the team. Only let him play the 20 games before ASB. Have him around during training camp to answer the kids' questions. That's good for us. I don't care if we waive him since it doesn't get us cap space, it's just Tilman's pocket money. I don't want to take on a longer contract just for a late first rounder, we can always get that pick after we have cap space to accept a salary dump from a contender. Why lock yourself up early?

The backcourt belongs to Green, KPJ, Christopher. Tyty and Nix can battle it out for the leftovers. Gordon can enjoy that extra money we gave him.

Rashmon, Corrosion and luckyman76 like this.