1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man...We got unlucky with Jabari Smith

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shakes05, Jul 9, 2022.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I don't know whom you all are arguing with, but you would probably be better off putting that poster on ignore.

2. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

When did I ever say we were contenders? I'll give you $100 right now if you can find a post in the last year where I actually used those words pertaining to the current Houston Rockets. Reading and reading comprehension are fundamental bro. LeBron couldn't shoot for the longest time and was never a locked down defender (great helpside defender though), Wilt Chamberlain couldn't hit a free throw to save his life and could never defeat the Celtics, Magic couldn't shoot well, Kobe shot way too much, and Jordan didn't really know how to trust his teammates and not be a prick. EVERY PLAYER HAS WEAKNESSES. Most PF's in the NBA historically don't have handles. That's why 6'10 guys that can dribble like Ben Simmons, Kevin Durant, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Ralph Sampson, etc are considered unicorns. We need shot makers not necessarily shot creators (See the 2018 Rockets that missed 27 consecutive 3's in Game 7)....

Drift Monkey and Landry's Tooth like this.
  3. Landry's Tooth

Yes, i can see how you taking a clearly sarcastic comment seriously would make little sense...

No, it's harder to find a big who can theoretically shoot 40% from 3 and guard 5 spots...

Guys come out every year who can create their own shot, run an offense, and pretend to care about defense...

4. Landry's Tooth

33% from 3 and average at best defense count?

Maybe he improves... Westbrook shot 33% from 3 before going pro and see how far he has come...

5. conquistador#11

can Chet or Pablo, yeah I said Pablo, get Taylor to smile like this. Winning plays.

D-rock, Drift Monkey, Salvy and 2 others like this.
  6. Landry's Tooth

Generally you're correct, but there were exceptions...

Ray Allen, Peja, and Reggie Miller...

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yeah we did get a bit unlucky

with Jabari we will be too good to tank as so many here want .

I’ll be perfectly happy with that

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is a fair read and its what Duke had him do a lot but he is not just a mid post iso scorer

He is already playing much faster and being more decisive.

I agree also about Tatum but I think Banchero does not rely on tough shots as much but can make them at a good rate.

The thing that separates Banchero is the playmaking he will pass more often than take the tough shot.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Lol did you actually put me on ignore?

You are a bigger coward than I thought.

LOL.

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

The ignore feature is probably the weakest thing out there. @D-rock hilariously a couple weeks ago put me on ignore then posted in the forum about how he put me on ignore (of course no one cosigned him because the reason was stupid). there are posters I thought about using ignore in the past, that later made several posts I agreed with.

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. verysimplejason

I think he still can be a star as a 3-D guy. Defense wins championships. He just needs a good partner who can give him the ball in his sweet spots. I can see him as a better Marion. Luckily, Rockets got some of the best of one-on-one players already. It's a big relief if there's someone to spread the court.

D-rock, J_Hunter_1977 and Stephen_A like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

looks like it turned into a jiggy jaggy thread, I'd say it's already there :eek:

13. Milos

Milos Member

Melo is 9th all-time in scoring
    If Paulo in on 'another tier' ...

That leaves only Kareem, Malone, Jordan, Kobe, Dirk, Wilt & Shaq

You REALLY like Paulo

majicdonjuan and D-rock like this.
  14. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

My favorite part is when he called @AroundTheWorld a coward. Them's fightin' words.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I don't see his posts, so I only know about this because you just tagged me. That guy is one of the dumbest posters on the board, and not only that, he posts a lot. So I decided to improve my BBS experience by filtering out that garbage.

16. Milos

Milos Member

So ... he can be Klay Thompson

2way star
    Excellent secondary scorer mostly from C&S or 1-2 dribble pullups from 3 and long mid
    2nd/3rd best player on multiple title winners
    Never good enough to carry offense on his own
    Peaked as top 20-25 player overall and 2nd-best at his position for a few years
    Future HoFamer

Would you be pissed if we drafted Klay 3rd overall?

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. you're being too nice :D

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

that bum is always trying to start beef…such an angry troll

19. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Pretty good comp. I've said Rashard Lewis. If he has a run like Lewis and the rest of the squad can get better also, that works too.

AroundTheWorld and Milos like this.
  20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member