1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Simmons Trade Value Rankings (Green and Jabari behind Chet, Banchero, Cade, Barnes, Mobley)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 12, 2022.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  2. TimDuncanDonaut

The Quickley one really bothered me. How he made the tier 5A block and no Rockets made it. 11 pts and under 4 assists per game. Even training-wheel PG KPJ had a better stat line.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#82 TimDuncanDonaut, Jul 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
  3. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Yes it is ridiculous and some of the Harden hate here is ridiculous too.

If Smart is on the market today, how many FRPs do you think he can fetch you? One? Two at the most? How about Harden?

4. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

And for this coming season I fully expect Harden to come back in much better shape and perform much better than last year.

5. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I just think none of the national media people really watched the Rockets, especially in the 2nd half the year. And the attribute the stats to "padding" on a bad team, and thus meaningless.

All they ever say, is they were super young and immature the coach/FO told to do anything because they were tanking. That is the type of analysis that comes with not actually watching games.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

doubt they were watching the Pistons or Thunder either, but that doesn’t stop Cade from always getting respect, and Giddey is on this list

Jalen Green is the only rookie that had a prominent media member saying “fck him”

7. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Lost me at "Bill Simmons"...

#87 burlesk, Jul 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
  8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

This doesn't make any sense. They must have just forgot the Rockets existed.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  9. Garner

Garner Member

For all of you who are bent out of shape about the rankings, based on a lot of the comments here, it is clear you didn't listen to the podcast and hear the discussion. In the same way many of you are lamenting the national media for not watching games, you're failing to [listen] to the tape.

I'm not saying there isn't plenty of healthy debate to be had about these rankings; however, some of these criticisms are outside of the conversation this list is seeking to have.

jordnnnn, lakersuck2 and harold bingo like this.
  10. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I think it's a pretty good list actually. I'd bump Jalen up but everything else feels alright. Also, Harden, Kyrie and Simmons were disqualified in case anyone didn't know.

11. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Do you even know the context of the **** him? Like legit even Jalen said it was nothing. It's like "bro do you want a Bagel? Nah **** bagels, I want a breakfast burrito." You're not wishing ill on bagels it's just expressing how much you want something else.

12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

National Media hates the Rockets, what else is new?

Either prove them wrong by winning it all or forever be ridiculed.

13. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

So not listening to the podcast or taking the click bait from Bill Freaking Simmons equates to not watching the actual games now? LOL

I used to love Bill Simmons. But his Rox hate has become unbearable. He ain’t gonna get a single click from me. LOL

i3artow i3aller and clos4life like this.
  14. RocketsDraftTV

from what I’ve seen NOPE

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I could do his job better than him. These are the last days though so fools gotta be put in high places!

htownrox1 likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's ridiculous he left him off the list entirely but thats just his schtick now to rile up Rockets fans

The fact that Smart is higher is not if you actually understand how it all works.

It's not just about if a player is better it's about how easy it would be to trade them and what you could get back in return.

Smart is in a real sweet space a younger, impactful guy who does not make as much money.

harold bingo likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it isn't fair gif.gif

18. maj21

maj21 Member

KPJ, Jalen, Sengun, and maybe Tate are all top 125. Can’t wait for the rockets to shut these haters up.

19. MystikArkitect

Rockets fans are always a safe bet to plump up these bozos. It started with Harden and it continues with Green.

Wish we'd stop taking the bait.

20. RocketsDraftTV

these bozos have voting privileges that they can affect players legacies and determine who gets the supermax. So yes these bozos being biased is a really big deal