1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daishen Nix Hype Train

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Bo6

Bo6 Member

his box scores would look immensely better if he could knock down a FT... that's for sure.

he played really odd this summer league which i have a feeling it's due to the coaching staff. clearly they told him and JC to attack and not pass because last season when we saw Nix on the Rockets (not g-league) he deffered entirely too much.

His ability to get downhill is special and if you can't see that you're blind. He also made a lot of crazy passes this summer league that lead to bricks by teammates. He is NOT a finished product by any means and I don't think having him return to the g-league for the first half of the season is a bad idea. Both him and Tyty need time to experiment and work on their games.

If it were too me I'd have him continue to get as much G-League minutes as possible then hopefully we deal Eric Gordon at the deadline he will be called up to be the back-up point.

We have KPJ/Green/Gordon/JC all available to play the guard spots (not to mention Matthews splitting time at 2/3). There isn't a whole lot of minutes for development right now aways so ya'll are just making an issue out of nothing.

#581 Bo6, Jul 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
    Hank McDowell likes this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't blame second year players trying to be dominant in summer league to force their way into the rotation - it worked for Max Strus last year among others. And besides it's just ****ing summer league. Who cares?

But, when they try and it doesn't work out - it looks pretty clownish.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dude TyTy wasn't that bad, I mean I know he shot like 30%....but he was ok.

DD

hahachui likes this.
  4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Just looking at the outside of this thread my avatar wasn't included. I was never a guest of the hype train and I'm proud of it

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

6. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

In summer league so far Daishen is shooting 46.2% from the field and 50% from the three point line on 4 attempts per game. His FT% is just 45% which is really confusing. He leads the team with 4.8 assists. His total stat line is in the link below.

I say we give him some more time to see what he turns in to. Tone up his body, work on his free throws and he could be a serviceable backup PG if not a starter some day.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/summer/1/2022-NBA-2k23-Summer-League/49/stats/Houston-Rockets/10

#586 charlieaustin, Jul 15, 2022
    Bo6, red5rocket and Little Bit like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Believe It! and i3artow i3aller like this.
  8. TheBeastSystem

if a man can shoot a 40% 3-ball for the season then he can shoot an 80% free throw. there's no excuse.

the reasons are for poor ft shooting are:
    1. not practicing them right/repeating bad mechanics over and over (shaq)
    2. not concentrating (shaq)
    3. not caring/not believing it's important and therefore not practicing them enough (shaq)
    4. being out of shape and getting so winded at the ft line that you can't get your body to cooperate and you get the yips. (i think this is part of DN's problem.)
    5. lack of confidence that the player can make them consistently (part of #3)
    6. folding under pressure

Daishen's ft shooting issues are rellated to at least some of the above, if not all.

Richie_Rich and Hank McDowell like this.
  9. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

So damn funny bro.

So even if true, he's still not 6'5. TWTP.

Oh and just for reference his bio on your orgs website...

https://www.nba.com/rockets/roster

Or actual measurements via..

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/daishen-nix/

Notes: Measured: 6’3.0” barefoot, 6’4.25” in shoes, 8’4.0” standing reach, 225.6 lbs, 6’6.75” wingspan at the 2021 NBA Draft …

Richie_Rich likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Just another overhyped EoR guy…

From James White to Jermaine Taylor to David Andersen to Terrence Williams to Greg Smith to James Anderson to Toney Douglas to Scott Machado to Isaiah Canaan to Troy Daniels to Nick Johnson to KJ McDaniels to Andrew Goudelock to Tyler Ennis to Troy Williams to Kyle Wiltjer to Gary Clark to Bruno Caboclo to Chris Clemons to Mason Jones to Khyri Thomas to Justin Patton to Ray Spalding to Armoni Brooks to Trevelin Queen to Bruno Fernando to Daishen Nix and on and on and on…

#590 J.R., Jul 15, 2022
  11. Rokman

Rokman Member

Agreed.

12. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

This is kind of where I'm at. It appears he's trying to do too much and is actually regressing from where he was last year.

His body reminds me of a guard version of Wes Unseld. Actually Wes might have been in better shape there... :D
    [​IMG]

RudyTBag likes this.
  13. MystikArkitect

The newer Rockets heads are so damn soft towards our players. If you do dumb **** you should be benched (Nix) or gone (KPJ).

I get what Stone is trying to do with these two but he already saw what happened with Wood. Teams aren't dumb enough to trade anything for these bums. "Wild" is not a word I'd use to describe that play.

bmelo and King1 like this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My nerf basketball abilities disagree with this theory.

Easy and snowconeman22 like this.
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah. That "big hands can't shoot well" excuse is totally without basis.

RudyTBag likes this.
  16. TheBeastSystem

somebody forgot bobby brown and tim ohlbrecht.

somebody else might wanna admit they're comparing unseld's fro to nix, not their bodies. unseld was solid as a brickhouse.

Corrosion likes this.
  17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Once Nix gets warmed up (game 1) he tends to be consistent in his scoring and passing. So expect about 12-6 from him off the bench. Maybe even 3 rbds a game. Maybe even a 20pt game here and there.
    Can't ask for more than that from your backup PG.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

You think he will actually get minutes coach?

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think he'll be playing about 20 minutes a game.

20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

6 assists man that is optimistic