1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant requests a trade out of Brooklyn!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Game over for Phoenix. Ayton signs offer with Indy. Ayton is out on Durant sweepstakes and probably Phoenix.

D-rock, saleem and Plowman like this.
  2. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

This sucks Durant better not stay with the freaking Nets!
    The Nets are ####### a player came out and said I do not want to play for you and you want to keep him and force him to play for you.
    Awkward-

3. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Pacers will never win a championship they are just avoiding facing reality that they need to tank, they are like the lez rockets where they are just staying treadmill status.

BamBam likes this.
  4. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Agreed. They are idiots.

5. mario_v

mario_v Member

Bo6 likes this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The signing of Ayton to an offer sheet gives me the impression that the Nets aren't getting very good offers for KD. On the other hand, it takes only one team to make a big offer for him. GS could trade Wiggins, Kuminga, and Moody for him. Their future picks will be low.

It could be the best potential offer for the Nets, if they want KD back. This wouldn't be good for the Rockets. Kuminga can become a future star.

Wiggins is on a one year contract though. Will the Nets extend him after his successful season?

#846 saleem, Jul 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    jimmyv281 likes this.
  7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Include all brooklyn picks back, a first rounder via bucks and via Eric Gordon trade and KMJ for Barnes.

There must be a price.

8. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Nah. We get Kuminga, we give back a pick and a swap. Win-win.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  9. saleem

Sengun would have to be moved for Kuminga. I like Sengun, but Kuminga is better. The Rockets should retain the 2023 swap at all costs.

10. saleem

No , Barnes isn't that good. I would include the 2024 pick and either the 2025 swap or the 2026 pick. I would definitely retain the 2023 pick swap at all costs. If the Raptors wants the Bucks pick it's okay. That's it. They can take EG and KJ Martin. If the Raptors say no, that's fine with me.

The Rockets are likely to end up with the 10 -12th pick even with Barnes and the 2023 draft is quite exciting.

11. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

So, what’s the best offer the Suns can make for Durant? Bridges, Johnson, Crowder, and a bunch of picks and swamps? Not sure that’s gonna cut it.

12. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

No way will Nets accept that poo-poo platter. Suns are pretty much out, unless they include Booker which I highly doubt

saleem likes this.
  13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

They can offer 4 FRPs and 3 swaps. Bridges and some of the Phoenix picks could be routed to Houston so the Nets could get some of their picks back (not consecutive years) to make tanking a viable option. Nets have to give a picky swear that they will tank this season for which Rockets keep the swap option.

Bridges would fit very well with the Rockets and not hinder cap space too much.

sealclubber1016 likes this.
  14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Forget about giving them their picks back.. .at least anytime in the near future. It never ceases to amaze me how many of y'all are so quick to move those. Even amongst us old timers.

luckyman76, hakeem94 and arabrocket like this.
  15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Because not all of us share this rose filled future of top 5 picks.

They are going to get players back for Durant,something for Kyrie, will soon have a ton of cap space in a major market, and no incentive to tank. This isn't the Garnett/Pierce trade, the cupboard is far from empty for Brooklyn. Odds are we end up with a few middling firsts, and pick swaps that may not even come into play.

I would rather lock in an extremely good young player right now than hit on 17.

csnerd84 likes this.
  16. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i'd trade scottie barnes for KD. idk what raptors fans are smoking.

Van Vleet / Gary Trent Jr / KD / Siakam / rando with OG anunby on the bench is a really nice team.

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Barnes and three firsts would be a nice trade for Durant. Probably too much on Toronto's end.

Problem is cap space.

Bo6 likes this.
  18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'd rather help the Rockets than hurt the Nets. Tanking creates value. If the Rockets give the Nets incentive not to take back NBA ready players for Durant, the Nets picks the Rockets keep will likely be more valuable than all of the Nets picks with the Nets on the treadmill of mediocrity. I'd gladly split some of that value of tanking with the Nets provided the Rockets keep the 2023 swap, don't give up picks in consecutive years to prevent Nets from shortchanging the Rockets, keep top 3 or 4 protection, send Mavericks slop to Nets, and get Bridges.

Easy likes this.
  19. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'm a little more optimistic on the Rockets getting better picks than this without this trade, but overall agree. I want some Top 8 picks and better odds of winning the lottery over a bunch of late lottery or late teens. Taking Bridges, and giving the Nets slop with picks helps the Rockets and the Nets.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The beauty of owning another team's unprotected picks is that you can have someone else to tank for you while you can boldly build your team with a winning culture.

Good point of splitting the tank value with the Nets to give them the incentive to lose. I am not sure how incentivizing that is for the Nets. I'd wait for them to lose all possible instant talent returns and be forced to go the tanking route.