1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

{Poll} Who will be the first shiny toy Tilman snubs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jul 12, 2022.

?

First player let go/moved for financial purposes?

This poll will close on Jul 12, 2024 at 9:47 PM.
  1. Jalen

2. Bari

3. Al-P

4. Tari

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

What a dumb, meaningless thread...

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I get JR Smith vibes from him. I’ve heard podcasters like Bill Simmons sometimes refer to them as “irrational confidence guys” - for better or worse they always think they are about to be the hero. JR Smith had some big playoff moments and also some meltdowns…Sam Cassel I felt came into the league like this but thankfully had fewer of the meltdowns(or wasn’t on super competitive teams post Houston). Mario Chalmers was kind of like that too only had more meltdowns than hero moments. Point is - you play with fire with those guys - they make a difference, just not always for the better.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

In Tilman's eyes there will only be room for two max players, the other guys are where cost cutting happens. So basically the two best players out of that group will get paid, the other players, even if they are deserving of large contracts, will walk because Tilman won't match the offers that other teams give.

4. Rokman

Rokman Member

Actually, a pretty legit thread. One of those 4 is either going to have to take a paycut or be let go.

TheJuice likes this.
  5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

@FLAGRANT1

Agree with Rokman - this is EXACTLY what happened to the Eastern Conference Finals winning Boston Celtics a few year ago when they had to choose who would they keep of their young guys. Smart ended up taking less money than his agent initially thought he would get and Terry Rozier ended up moving to Charlotte while they maxed Brown and Tatum. There was talk at the time that they should have chosen Rozier over Smart…that seems like a long time ago now….

TheJuice and Rokman like this.
  6. Rokman

Rokman Member

Honestly, No disrespect meant, but this is a dreamer post. Agents are in these guys ears everyday about their value and about getting maximum dollars earned because they want their cut out if the biggest pie possible. These guys are sharks not Jerry Maguire. All they care about is the cash not the Quan!! (Think I need to go watch that movie again)

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Yeah - agents are hired to get their client(and by extension themselves) the most money. Only the mega mega stars ever take less money as a strategy and that’s only after they already made themselves and their agents multi millionaires. Everyone else is trying to make sure themselves and the futures of their families are taken care of for life first…and hey I can’t blame them

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Maybe some guys will be reasonable and take early extensions at slightly lower amounts but with the maximum contract duration. More security. And the chance to build a dynasty. Perhaps Alpi and Tari could do this.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Huh? Tilman was already owner when the Ryno trade was made

pugsly8422 and J.R. like this.
  10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Dumb fanbase. Look at twitter. Rockets "fans" made Jabari turn off his social media.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

K Porter Jr

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Patrick?

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

won't be enough of an offensive asset.... dude will literally be the centre of the Rockets offense if used correctly.

defensive liability.... oh you're one of those people.

REEKO_HTOWN and hakeem94 like this.
  14. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Yes, he will LITERALLY be the center in the Rockets offense. Again I’m a Sengun fan - he was the #2 player I wanted them to draft last year and he has been even better than I anticipated but I have seen no evidence that he will play defense at a high enough level for a playoff team. I hope I’m wrong, but he doesn’t look to have that level of quickness, foot speed, or fundamentals. He can work on parts of those but like I said - he’s going to have to be really elite offensively to overcome that and he doesn’t necessarily seem like Harden level elite.

I’m not “one of those guys” - I’m just not losing sight of the fact that success on a 20 win team is not the same as success on a playoff contending team and we don’t want to bend over backwards to build an offense around a talent offensive guy who easily gives up those points on the other end whenever teams target him.

15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Ranking

1. Jalen Green
    2. Jabari Smith Jr - Still getting Taller, More Muscle too, Could be Ranked #1 if Ball handling Improves
    3. Tari Eason
    4. Alperen Sengun

16. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

My vote is poll is bulllshit.

17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Kevin Porter Jr and Josh Christopher are wait and see if they can fit in this team.

Josh Christopher really play of Alperen Sengun by catching his passes and get layups or dunks.
    Josh hasnt improved his playmaking and passing in the Summer League.

Tari Eason is a Excellent Playmaker, Passer so is Tyty.

Porter Jr is so ISO Ball and kills the shot clock and should be a 6th man