1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daishen Nix Hype Train

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Jan 23, 2022.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

It's also worrisome that he doesn't seem to be interested in doing anything about it. At his age, it doesn't take that much to shed 10-20 pounds and gain a little quickness. But you first have to see a need for doing it, and Nix apparently thinks everything's fine as is.

Richie_Rich, GotGame15, bmelo and 2 others like this.
  2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Honestly, he needs to lose at least 25lbs & get lean muscle. It would change his career. At his age, he could do it in an offseason.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have no clue what he needs to lose, he certainly could tighten up some, but putting a number on it is silly, it is more about how he looks.....

He is probably always going to be thicker than most.

DD

fattz, Bo6, vator and 1 other person like this.
  4. i3artow i3aller

vator likes this.
  5. kiwirocketsfan

Is there anybody on the roster who can find an open player and make a pass as well as Nix though (Sengun?)? Even fat, that is a special skill.

fattz, vator, coachbadlee and 2 others like this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And that is why we hold, and pray he lays off the double burgers... He has a few unteachable skills. His hands and feet on defense are also AMAZING for a guy of his size.

Still, there is zero doubt that he has a long way to go. The free throw mental block still being my biggest concern. The dude has been a Shaq-esque free-throw shooter for years now. That. will. not. cut. it. in. the. NBA.

7. TheBeastSystem

maybe tyty

raining threes likes this.
  8. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Daishen reminds me of this dude running up and down the court.
    [​IMG]

clutchdabear likes this.
  9. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I think this is more of a flaw with our roster than anything. It's not like he's Luka or something. He's just the only natural playmaker on the team.

Daishen Twix

GotGame15 and kubli9 like this.
  10. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

He’s a good passer but hasn’t shown it at the pro level. His weight causes him to be just slow enough not to be able to play effective defense. His offensive shots are always contested at the rim because he doesn’t have the necessary burst of speed. Court vision is good. Can’t make free throws on a consistent basis. Biggest issue is he is one of the worst defensive players in the league. Players blow by him with ease…he just doesn’t have the technique or speed to keep up on the defensive side of the ball.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If Stone or someone high up really did tell Feigan that they view Nix as a first round pick someone needs to get fired. Unless you are just desperate for anyone that can dribble the ball up the court this guy has no value to the NBA game.

King1, palmsnbananas and clutchdabear like this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most 20-year-olds, especially from picks 15-30, are not NBA-ready.

It's about potential. He has many aspects of his game that need developing. He also has physical and mental elements that are not easy to find. Collective prayer circle for his free-throw demons. That single negative attribute really hurts his chances.

DaDakota likes this.
  13. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

PG's that can't shoot are really fish out of water in todays NBA

topfive and clutchdabear like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

same with C’s that can’t defend

15. TheBeastSystem

daishen can shoot.

sengun can defend.

RudyTBag and Zen Tabak like this.
  16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I can't tell if Nix is good or bad. He's definitely a baller, as in if I saw him on a playground he definitely knows his ****. But sometimes I just don't think his shet works against NBA defense and athleticism

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

what is this

clutchdabear likes this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He was ok tonight, solid from 3, needs to take on contact, he has the KPJ lean when he goes into the lane where he tries to AVOID the contact, with his body he needs to play FOR the contact.

And he needs to focus at the FT line, he has the form, just needs to get confident there, I am sure if Lucas can fix Capela he can fix Nix.
    DD

19. Joe Willie

Joe Willie Member

He needs to work on finishing his drives to the basket. He gets there but can’t get it to the rim.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  20. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

dude you need to shut yo ass up about Nix! This scrub sucks!! Ball hogging ass scrub needs to get cut!!