1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mr Stone, take my money

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 12, 2022.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

It will be fun for about 10 games. Then the reality will set in that this a 6-8 year process. And that is just to get to point where you know you need something else to get over the hump, but you can't figure out so easily what it is you need.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I enjoyed the Francis Yao year and the Yao years and the Harden Years
    And the years inbetween
    Last year was rough
    Harden definitely saw the writing on the wall and nudged us into the right direction
    Blessing the Rockets with a winfall of picks and leaving them to tank in peace
    Stone has maximized it all
    Tillman . . .well . .. at least he finally shutting up and listening to the basketball people
    For decades they have never been allowed to tank
    per Le$

Rocket River

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

4. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

This. As long as Tillman stays out of Stone's way I think we are gonna be ok. Tillman's need for the press credit is my biggest fear now.

Not sure if we have any "starters" on a great NBA team right now, other than Jabari and Jaylen, but I'm super excited to see how this team evolves.

joshuaao and Two Sandwiches like this.
  5. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Amazing that in the past two years we drafted a potential 5-man lineup of:
    TyTy
    Green
    Tari
    Bari
    Sengun

Hakeemtheking and Two Sandwiches like this.
  6. Spooner

Spooner Member

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

That settles it Gordon to bucks

8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I’m a Morey fan and a Stone skeptic.

However: I much prefer Fertitta’s “suck hard and draft high” strategy to Les Alexander’s policy of trying to remain competitive every year.

Tank you, Tilman.