1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs - Vegas Summer League 7/11/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 10, 2022.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wasn't Sengun supposed to play some?

DD

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yep. I really want to see us doing better than the Nets and get the swap.

D-rock likes this.
  3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Smith is no surprise, but Eason is. Good grief, the guy has a none stop motor. His skill level is higher than reported. I am very impressed. I know, it's summer league, not the "real" NBA, but.....

4. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

disagree but love your optimism

Os Trigonum likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Nix this summer is averaging

5.3 assists and 2.7 turnovers a game

Washington this summer is averaging

3 assists and .7 turnovers a game

Washington has more steals and blocks

Nix has been the better shooter, as he is shooting 50% from the floor and Washington is shooting 39%

Nix has a -1 and Washington has a +5 on the floor this year.

FWIW I don't think Nix has been dominant like he was to end the season in the G-League and has struggled at times but also has had some spurts where he has been very good and overall has been solid.

Ty Ty Washington is struggling to shoot from 3 and at times has struggled to get to the line, but has on the other side been solid defensively and has shown a real talent running an offense without dominating the ball.

Nix has more NBA experience, but it also younger than Washington.

It will be interesting to see what happens. Nix needs to be more consistent and improve his effort defensively, Washington needs to improve as a shooter but both are interesting prospects.

6. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

he won't be elite but he has chance to be a really solid NBA player

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

No, I think rebounding is still going to be a weakness for the Rockets.

The Spurs beat up the Rockets on the boards (-8)

The Magic beat up the Rockets on the boards (-8)

The Rockets did out rebound the Thunder (+3)

I think that the Rockets perimeter and switching defense will be a lot better and long term one of the best in the league, but they are still soft on the boards and probably soft inside as well when it requires keeping players out of the lane. The Rockets have some good complimentary shot blocks but no one that will keep the lane empty.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Do you think the Rockets will try to address this to some extent? Garuba isn't in great shape and he's injured.

9. j@amc

j@amc Member

On rebounding: I think the coaches realized early on that Jabari and Eason can't take a break together during Summer League without getting killed on the glass. I believe that happened in the Orlando game.

Lamb had a hard time securing a board against San Antonio.

Garuba missing playing time is a big minus, but the rebounding will look much better when you add Sengun, Porter, Green, and Tate into the mix.

D-rock likes this.
  10. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

They seem allergic to box out. Also, seems to be Jabari´s biggest weakness, or at least, where he gets his worst grades.

Largely aligned with your takes, both PGs look good and rebounding is going to be one of our, if not the biggest issue.

Nook likes this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

After overreacting from the first two games, you’re overreacting again after the 3rd game.

fryjol7 and red5rocket like this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'd rather see him do the pushing back on the basketball court than on Twitter.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

I am sure they will try to address it with practice and an emphasis on it, but I don't think they are going to be a good rebounding team regardless. They have the players that they want at the 3-5 long term in Sengun/Smith/Eason and that just isn't a good rebounding front line. It is possible in the future the Rockets move Sengun or possible Eason to the bench depending on who they get in the draft next year.

raining threes likes this.
  15. payaso

payaso Member

Looks to me like Karl Malone got with DGlover's mom...[​IMG]

16. i3artow i3aller

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

i think Eason will be well above average if not really good on the boards for a SF.

also think sengun is an underrated rebounder.

Jabari I think Is good for 10 rebounds a night in his prime. Although that doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll be a plus rebounder.

I think long term if that is the future 3-5 moving toward then they should be able to hang on the glass good enough.

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Time to shut Tari & Bari down. Let the g leaguers run the rest of the summer. TyTy and Christopher need to sit too.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think Eason will be a phenomenal rebounder at the SF position. I think that front line can be decent rebounding wise. Let's wait and see on that.

YaoMing#1, red5rocket and Nook like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

Eason already is a good rebounder, and I agree he can be very good. A lot of it will also depend on the backcourt and bench as well.

YaoMing#1 and saleem like this.