1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daishen Nix Hype Train

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Jan 23, 2022.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Good ol' Nix serving up that crow tonight. Y'all take your time and savor every bite.

2. TheBeastSystem

nix was our best point guard before tyty was drafted. he sees the court. he knows how to get into sets. he knows how to make plays, create, and shoot. and finish. and he knows where to go defensively. he does have extremely high iq.

but the fact is he isn't taking care of his body. he can't cover ground defensively. and his weight is hindering him on finishes at the rim. he needs somebody to impact him like massai impacted lowry and got him to lose weight and get in great shape. without doing that he's going to struggle to be a regular season rotation piece. and he should be.

DaDakota and RudyTBag like this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man, Nix is missing a few things, but there are times when he flashes Andre Miller/Jason Kidd/Kyle Lowry-esque smarts.

His ability to switch onto bigs is also beautiful. Watching his big ass shove Chet out of the paint gave me a chubb.

mikenm268, burlesk, 13 in 33 and 6 others like this.
  4. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Let’s bring the positivity back to this hype train. All the haters can go home.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Choo Choooo!!!!

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He's a really smart player most of the time. The only consistently wild-ass thing he does that drives me nuts is those cross-court passes he tries to make with defenders or past traffic that can be picked off. I've seen him doing that in the G-League and summer league now. Damn, I want this dude to do well.

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

He doesn’t finish well. I’m glad his 3 pt shot is coming around. When I was playing I could never master the English off the glass. That seems to be his problem as well. I thought his on ball defense was excellent tonight. He should get his shot in pre-season and the early part of the regular season. If he continues to progress he’s got a job on the bench. If not, time to cut him lose and give TyTy a chance. Either way we have a year to see if one of them can become our backup PG.

napalm06 likes this.
  8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The backup pg spot between TyTy or Nix looks pretty good.

9. Rokman

Rokman Member

I think his speed is the thing that concerns me the most. He's not quick. He plods. Dude needs to drop 25 or 30 lbs so he can have more explosiveness. No more Popeye's for that guy.

tehG l i d e and Dacamel like this.
  10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

but if Nix loses weight
    there will be less chubbs.

Dacamel, 13 in 33, burlesk and 2 others like this.
  11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

people been quiet but Nix had two solid games which translated into two wins.

although his demeanour is lowkey, I get the sense that he is a major confidence player. When he believes in himself, he can use that big body to get downhill and finish on anyone. The 3 ball looks like it's getting more consistent. Free throws are concerning....

overall I still like him on the roster at the 12-15 spots. if we can turn him into a reliable, poor-man's lowry, than that is a huge success.

12. Rokman

Rokman Member

LMAO!!!!!

burlesk likes this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ding ding ding...winner winner chicken dinner.

DD

glynch likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

And he is only 20...

DD

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. He does reminds me of Lowry's big butt. Lowry started out not a very good shooter. He worked on it and became a respectable outside shooter. I hope if we keep Nix, he will improve his shot... and learn a few flopping techniques watching Lowry's tapes. :D

burlesk, AroundTheWorld and RudyTBag like this.
  16. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

He could drop a few pounds but he’s still very strong and athletic. Show me when Lowry ever towered over players for a put back dunk.

burlesk likes this.
  17. i3artow i3aller

What was up w/ his gun and money instagram picture? Seems he took that down right quick.

18. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Cuz he got guns under them flabby arms and he just got that first check from new contract.
    my mans living the life

19. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Nix has talent, skill, and basketball IQ.

He's a little chubby but the problem I see is he's not a good enough athlete to make up for it. Guys like Barkley or Zion or Harden could make up for being chubby with great athleticism/strength/etc. You could also make up for it with great hustle/effort like Kyle Lowry.

But, he can't be average athlete/effort AND fat. In fact, he'll probably have to up his effort level even if he loses weight. Sometimes it looks he's walking through the sets.

topfive likes this.
  20. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

My concern as well

RudyTBag and No Worries like this.