1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs - Vegas Summer League 7/11/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 10, 2022.

1. WestendMassive

[​IMG]

2. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

SL JC = ASU JC

3. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I think one that that bari doesn't have is the godly length that Giannis has. I remember even in his rookie year he like caught the ball at half court and dunked it in like 4 or 5 steps. He will never be Giannis but he will hopefully develop a better dribble and get stronger.

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Guys, Jabari Smith is closer to 18 than 19, having recently had his birthday 2 months ago. Three years to polish his game, work on his flaws, and he will be at the ripe age of......22.

No limits for Mr. Smith.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dude is washed, he'll be playing in China in no time

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think they’ll be open to that by the end of the year ... if Tari proves is and Tate doesn’t

we only paying Tate like 6-7 mil . Plus , Tate would come off the bench if asked . I don’t think with wood that would have worked .

I love my guy tate tho . He deserves first crack imo . Suffered through 2 years of being stomped due to not playing with many good players . We got some up and coming talent , give him a shot to see how sticky his glue is .

my crazy idea with Tate is that he’s more suited to play guard than the “3” . If his shot becomes more consistent I trust his decision making . He moves the ball quickly and is decisive .

tate at the 1 , green at 2 , Eason , Jabari , sengun . I hope we try that at some point too.

But Tate has been playing hard for a truly bad team . I wanna see what it looks like when he gets elevated by his teammates a bit more . And I think Jabari is a key .

purely defensively we can prolly get away with Jabari / Tari /Tate frontcourt and kpj and green or whoever at guard.

I wonder how long we will be keeping Eric Gordon

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Love Jabari still think he’s a solid candidate for ROTY and 16-17ppg with 8-9rb and elite defense for rookie standards.

Tari looks solid. I like his game he’s fun to watch. Hope he can be a Ron Artest type player. Should see plenty of minutes his first year starter it not.

Tyty is fantastic I like everything about him. Plays with good pace very smart on the court. I think he was a steal at 29. He looks like a guy that ppl thought was a potential lottery pick at tye beginning of the college season.

Outside of Garuba Stone has drafted 6 players in the first round the last 2 drafts that all look like they can play in the league long term.

Green looks like a future all star already imo. Sengun is at worst a rotation level big who can play 20 min a game. JC even though he’s been a ball hog in summer league should be at worst a rotation level guard who can play 12-15 min a game.

Jabari looks like tye real deal and is going to be a solid starter who impacts the game on both ends even if he can’t ever really create for himself. Big man klay Thomson with more impactful defense.

Tari has starter potential

tyty has starter potential also imo. I like that kid he’s fun to watch because he’s so calm and looks like a vet amongst the rest of them doesn’t force anything and is trying to make the right play.

Stone has hit these picks out the park.

It’s possible we drafted our number 1 option last year in green. Our 2/3rd option in Jabari this year. 2 potential starters in tari and sengun and 2 solid bench guards in JC and tyty love it.

Bigearz, slothy420, Dobbizzle and 9 others like this.
  8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think Jabari's ceiling is capped by his athleticism. He doesn't elevate very high, nor does he have ridiculous length, which causes a lot of problem finishing inside.

I think if he can find a ways to add some back to the basket game, it would really open up his shot creation. He should adopt a LMA style fadaway considering how good of a shooter he is.

9. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Victor Wembanyama wants to play for us....

10. anchel

anchel Member

Great 2nd half. Gotta love that effort and defensive level.
    Offensively, the introduction of ball screens with Nix helped a lot. Jabari is a much better pick & pop player than a hand-off guy like Sengun.

Overall, the team looked much better today, props for the coaching staff.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  11. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

I'm with you minus the playmaking. Scottie has higher offensive IQ and a more functional handle, but I think Tari could legitimately become a better scorer than Scottie. We got two VERY good players this draft.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I dont know about that. I dont think he has too often based on need. Meaning he doesnt drive to the basket often.

AuburnRocket and BonziWellsGOAT like this.
  13. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I don't get too low and don't get too high. Yeah, the bust talk is laughable.I don't think some people realize how hard it is to expend that kind of energy on D and be that super on offense too. I can tell you that the D he has played is better than what he played at Auburn. I thought he would need some development on D but my goodness..uh not much.He is really young...watched him all year his Sr. year of high school and, of course, last year at AU.His upside is unreal. And, he ain't bad now. He'll be All Rookie...if they develop the PNR and he gets better handles...watch it. And, he absolutely can.

14. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

I was reminded of Ron Artest watching the game tonight too. He can get a little out of control at times like Indiana Ron, but you live with it because he plays so damn hard and makes the opposition so uncomfortable. He's the kind of guy players HATE going up against.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

When they said he had 18 points near the end of the game, I was thinking "wth? seriously? I thought he had about 28 on 20 shots." I don't even hate the dude, but I just wanted to see more of the rooks doing things in Summer League, I guess.

16. 34to11

34to11 Member

Very OT-esque

17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Not to be pedantic, but Smith is literally 19, and you said this yourself...
    He is closer to 19 than any other age, given that he is, in fact, 19....

Apart from that - agree with you

Jeff_TW and Hakeemtheking like this.
  18. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

no, don't wanna imagine paolo bc he's not even on this team... but i can imagine the next time when jabari struggles a bit (like any other rookie) you're going to bring up paolo like clockwork. keep being an idiot

19. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Josh out here clownin! I love to see it.

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. Calvin Murphy's Law

I think poster probably meant to say JSJ is closer to 18 than 20.