1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

There isn't going to be a starting "PG" on this team - Get used to it

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jul 10, 2022.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

When is the last time a TRUE pass first PG even came into the league?

Rubio? I mean CP3, Kidd, Rubio, it has been forever that a team with a FLOOR GENERAL type has come in and been great or led a team right away.....seems the PG or traditional one is dying out.

DD

Plowman and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. xaos

xaos Member

Even if we finish 6th our odds only drops 5% so us getting #1 as a bottom 3 is already hard... getting it at bottom 6 is just marginally harder. We can improve on the season win total we still have just as good of a shot as other teams at the bottom (give or take 5%!). The best way to increase our odds is through Nets. It's mostly out of our control on that end unless if we can give them incentive to tank in a Durant deal (which we are the only team in the NBA that can give them some kind of incentive). It's not likely though...

topfive likes this.
  3. DaDakota

We got Yao Ming from the 6th position...it can be done!

DD

topfive likes this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This guy say hi.

[​IMG]

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. BonziWellsGOAT

I've never seen such an unproven and volatile player (on and off the court) engender such a cult like following. It's weird. KPJ has to prove himself a reliable and level headed starter before you start throwing superstar around.

6. DaDakota

So, a guy that came into the league more than 20 years ago is the best we have to show true PGs?

I mean they seem to have died since then, no?

DD

7. Caesar

Caesar Member

We'll take off when we run the half court O through Alpy, have a 3 and D point that protects the ball and move KPj to the Jamal Crawford SMOTY role. KPj is a baller just like Crawford. Players love those guys, but you're not likely ever going to get solid D and high efficiency and you need those guys in spurts for winning basketball. The offensive spark/creation/flash and big shot making is there. JC had a 50-11-12-5-2 game at 23 years old. 5x 50pt games including one at 38. 2 of them with triple doubles and 1 missing it by 1ast. This is the road to success i see for KPj and how he earns his bag and his stay for a really long career.

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

By all means, let KPj give you one more unleashed season to see if he can really take off or up his value to it's peak. We need to be bad one more year anyway. If it's more of the same from him and he's not going off the rails with his maturity, then i'd want to see him reigned in and used as a J.Crawford green light off the bench where i see his best success.

9. DaDakota

KPJ led the entire league in catch and shoot 3pt percentage......the ENTIRE LEAUGUE........that means Curry, that means Harden, that means any sharp shooter, KPJ was the BEST in the NBA at catch and shoot....Klay Thompson? Nope, KPJ was better and he was 21 years old.

Some of you need to get over the "small" attitude issues and enjoy what is growing right before your eyes.....and if you can't just shut up and let the rest of us enjoy it.

DD

Plowman, saleem, maj21 and 1 other person like this.
  10. i3artow i3aller

Giddey just last year :confused::rolleyes:

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  11. DaDakota

Not a star player yet.....but maybe......

DD

12. csc177

csc177 Member

The same Giddey listed as a SG/SF?? The true point guard is a dying breed.

13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Giddy sucks at shooting and defense. One of the most overrated young guys in the league.

14. maj21

maj21 Member

Wtf? Please don’t ever mention JC and point guard in the same sentence. The dude is a black hole on offense. I’m starting to wonder if y’all watch the Rockets play

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I would argue Luka doncic is the best floor general in the league right now. He just happens to be a elite level scorer as well.

16. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Was Lonzo Ball really that long ago?

17. i3artow i3aller

So Giddey isn't considered to be a true pass first PG around here?! Lol that's interesting. Never change CF :confused:o_O:D

Caesar likes this.
  18. BonziWellsGOAT

Was MELO ball that long ago??

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

From the 5th position.

20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Yes he is a true pass first pg. He is that because it is literally the only thing he does well.