1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets - Vegas Summer League 7/9/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 8, 2022.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Severo lead singer.gif

i3artow i3aller and Salvy like this.
  2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Taking vocal lessons to get rid of his mumbling, so when he becomes a true star he can take advantage of all the marketing opportunities that are presented.

DD

rhee and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  4. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't forget Rocket's legend Von Wafer.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  5. junk151

junk151 Member

Game 3: Profit???

spankz141 and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We can all see why @Clutch was so high on Jabari, and why he was over the Moon when he unexpectedly fell to us. You put it well when you said his defense was stellar. When he couldn't make a shot to save his life, he played great defense, and he went to the floor to make a winning play at the end. Rick Higgins put it well. To paraphrase, when one of your best players plays like that, it's contagious. To put it another way, it better be.

joshuaao, vince, burlesk and 4 others like this.
  7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

great defense, great rebounding and great passing. It will be interesting to see if the coaches run plays to get him shots and if KPJ can unlock a new level of his game by creating and facilitating for his teammates; especially Jabari. I really wanted us to find a way to get Tyus Jones. He’s the kind of player that can maximize Jabari’s strengths.

Deckard likes this.
  8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Never hurt Shaq.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

So what I can gather from the first two games is:

Tari is ready to be an impact player day one.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sure. As long as we play summer league competition. :D

I'm waiting for the real season to start, tbh, but the effort is at least encouraging from both Jabari and Tari.

HP3 and burlesk like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

JayGoogle, Hakeemtheking and Tfor3 like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nix had better 3ball then Tyty last night.

Only Hudgins shot it better.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not an attack, serious question:

How did you like Bari's defense last night?

I didn't think he'd be this effective this fast on that side of the ball if I'm being honest.

#1613 D-rock, Jul 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
  14. i3artow i3aller

If we luck into the #1 pick then we should all plan to be in Vegas next summer . Ideally we take over the place and every other person you see has a CF tee. Figure we pre-game at SL before taking in the night life :cool:

15. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

I was at the game and there were a couple of things I saw that have me really excited and a little worried. It's just Summer League but I think you can tell a lot just from the difference between the first and second game. Here are my observations that mostly, except the first, I haven't seen mentioned much.

Jabari is smooth. I don't remember a player that looked as graceful and strong. Despite the fact that he wasn't hitting his shots, he just looks like a different creature than the rest.

On the bench Tari, Jabari, and Josh Christopher were all engaged with each other at various times. Patting on the back, discussing the game, laughing. It looked like there's already some chemistry starting to form.

The whole team looked like they really wanted to win. If you watched the game you saw defensive intensity and diving for loose balls. Tari was really putting a hard body on Chet like he wanted to get in his head. It was great. I watched 7 hours of basketball yesterday and only a few teams really had a focus that looked like the game was more than a rec league outing. They were one of them. The other that I saw was Sacramento and Orlando. Wash and Det were terrible.

Ty ty looked sloppy to me. Didn't really take good care of the ball. I assume he'll get better. I hope he does.

Just a side note. Mario Elie is walking around the concourse being very available. I'm a 52 yo man with a wife and two kids and everytime I see him in person some part of me wants to fall at his feet and cry. Love having sports heroes.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

He’s been crappy outside of the one game. Especially on offense

tehG l i d e and Salvy like this.
  17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Good win - just finished dvr.

Jabari looked pretty smooth!

Aruba77 and D-rock like this.
  18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

True but TyTy doesn’t act like he’s the only guy on the court. Nix doesn’t play a team game on either side of the court from what I have seen.

tehG l i d e likes this.
  19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Brother In Christ if you think I'm a casual n think assists tell me who good pg well you telling on yourself lol. I'll just say I've watch basketball religiously over 30 years. So please don't insult my basketball intelligence lol

20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Sengun is the player that's gonna maximize Jabari the most, with jalen being 2nd. Jalen so good tho Jabari is a jalen maximizer.

D-rock likes this.