1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Thor 4: Love and Thunder

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 16, 2019.

1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Too much woke ****

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Saw it last night. I enjoyed it. Fun movie. Not as good as Ragnarok, but I didn't expect it to be since Ragnarok was perfect and people had zero expectations going in to it.

I think the complaints are all minor, but they are:

Natalie Portman, who I love, just isn't a good comedic actor.
    Taika is either overexposed right now or just should have turned down the Taikaness a few percentage points.
    Thor's oafishness was also maybe a bit too much

That said, if any of the above were changed, I don't know that it makes the movie significantly better, so... who cares about those complaints.

It was a good movie. It was fun. If you go to the movies to enjoy a movie, you will enjoy this.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

is it that bad? may consider waiting for it to hit dizni+

@tinman and @Jontro need to know

tinman likes this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

After digesting a couple of days, here’s my review:

It’s a solid OK. Good laughs, good action but Taikia needs more oversight, which is really a complaint of mine in most of these Phase 4 shows and movies- the Directors are getting a little off that very good MCU vibe.

It’s funny but a little too campy at times, especially the god city scene. It felt a little rushed, Gorr needed more character development as did Jane. But overall I enjoyed it. Visually it’s very good. The story of where Gorr is going is a little contrived and ex Machina. Worth a watch IMO.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

I legitimately spit in laughter a few times. Not as good as Ragnarok but still a ton of fun.

Invisible Fan and Caesar like this.
  6. Beezy

Beezy Member

Sounds like a lot of people are suffering from Taika fatigue.

7. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

More like Marvel fatigue. None of the Phase 4 projects have blown me away. They've all been average movies. Fun, sure, but average. Love and Thunder is no different. I love Ragnarok, but this follows the same beats and doubles down on the irreverence and humor, sacrificing plot and character development in the process. It's just too much.

8. Xerobull

Spider-Man 3 was amazing. Strange 2 was good. Outside of that, a couple of the shows have far surpassed the Movies of Phase 4.

clos4life likes this.
  9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Avengers/2010's was peak super hero content. I think people are struggling with that.

10. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

When woke BS was integrated is when Marvel movies started sucking

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I still can't get over the ridiculousness which was End Game's girl only battle. It almost ruined the movie for me.

12. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Almost every male superhero has been succeeded by a female counterpart (Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye, Ant-Man, etc.). And ALL of them have daughters instead of sons. Valkerie is a "King" because she identifies as gay? They somehow found a way to make a big stone guy (Korg) gay as well? Is it a sin to be a straight guy now? I took my son recently to see Lightyear, and they had lesbian kissing (why is that even relevent to any plot point?). Don't know what Disney is up to, but at this rate they are turning their backs on their bread and butter consumer. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for equal rights but when they are shoving a particular agenda down our throats, it can be a bit much imo.

Rocket River, Jontro, tinman and 4 others like this.
  13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I got a few more Marvel movies in me before I'm out!... and I didn't really get into it until about 2016... **** all over the place now IMO

Slyonebluejay and Jontro like this.
  14. Xerobull

It was like 30 seconds.

[​IMG]

Rocket River likes this.
  15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Haven't seen the movie but its so funny to see people try to label anything that is not the "norm" as woke.

Women exist, there will be instances where things happen and men are not around.....its not controversial or upsetting unless you are an insecure snowflake.

16. Slyonebluejay

Slyonebluejay Member
    Supporting Member

Shang-Chi was pretty good I thought. I am interested to see what they do with his character

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Male superheroes in the 2020s are basically eunuchs.

Jontro likes this.
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Disney bought the rights to Alien and Predator

predator is already going to be beaten by an Indian girl, American Indian not south Asian

Alien is going impregnate a drag queen and the xenomorph will be rainbow colored

blue_eyed_devil likes this.
  19. CCorn

CCorn Member

I didn’t notice anything woke. It was a funny movie. But I’m also confident in my sexuality so these things don’t phase me.

how do you feel about Mormons knocking on your door?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  20. CCorn

CCorn Member

What happened to the good ole days where the only female superhero was Wonder Woman and she went around fighting crime in skimpy clothes?

She even had an invisible jet where we could watcher her hooters jiggle and all!

I want my country back Disney!!