1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2022 NBA Draft/1-3] Jabari Smith Jr., F, Auburn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 23, 2022.

?

Do you like the selection of Jabari Smith?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2023.
  1. YES

89.7%
  2. NO

10.3%
  1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

No way you can be that big and have 0 rebounds.. there is no way.

2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Imagine Jabari on a team that has a real system and moves the ball to get to the open man.

Wait...

People didn't know Paolo was very competitive?

He's got just as much competitiveness and belief in himself as Chet and Jabari.

I never knew that was a concern.

Shark44, seclusion, jiggyfly and 8 others like this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Rebounding is the most translatable stat/skill from college to NBA, Paolo was a very solid rebounder despite playing PF next to Mark Williams. Probably just by chance

4. dmoneybangbang

We talking’ Summer League?!?!?!

xaos, i3artow i3aller and JayGoogle like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Shook u know good and well Jalen couldn’t consistently pull off the things he was doing at the end of the season at the beginning of the year

[​IMG]

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Damn Paolo is going to be so good.

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You absolutely are lying. You do it nonstop. You have compared him to Lebron and several others have said Luka.
    He is neither.
    And again, 1.0 is the original version you idiot.

Drift Monkey and xaos like this.
  8. xaos

xaos Member

Makes me laugh everytime

Drift Monkey and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

WE don't need him because HOW WILL HE FIT NEXT TO SENGUN

xtruroyaltyx, RasaqBoi and Spooner like this.
  10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

11. eman

eman Contributing Member

He turned 19 two months ago. Let's give him a few years. I'm hoping he'll turn into a solid, 20 ppg, efficient, 3 & D, like a Matt Bullard+. If he turns into a prime LMA or George McGinnis at the PF, or Dr. J or IceMan or Rick Barry or Connie Hawkins at the wing... well, there's a chance! He'll be at his physical peak 10-15 years from now. With his purported work ethic, the sky's no limit for Jabari Smith.

12. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

He's been the point forward for Orlando and plays on the perimeter a lot (and defends players on the perimeter). Otherwise, I don't think rebounding would be an issue. He's going to be their franchise player so it's best for him to stay out there and not risk getting hurt in the summer league.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I really liked Ivey in the tournament, but I'm a trash college talent evaluator. Im still all in on Jabari, Tari, and TyTy but that will require Silas to become a better coach.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, we shouldn't have. We still have 2 better versions of him.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nope not lying and yes 1.0 is the original version and 2.0 is the better version which you can't seem to comprehend idiot

Yes, he is COMPARABLE to Lebron and I have never compared him to Luka I don't think Luka is comparable to Lebron.

The fact still remains that this Orlando team does not have a great playmaker and he could easily be the assists leader and playmaker on that team.

He can be comparable to Lebron without averaging 9 or 10 assists a game.

You know who else was not peak Lebron when they were a rookie?

Lebron, who averaged about 6 assists a game through his 4th year.

He did not average 6 assist his rookie year and his career average is 7 assists so you don't have a clue about that either.

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Still lying. You can’t find a single post where I said he wouldn’t average 2-3 assists.
    You lie, all the time.

Ive said he won’t average 6/7 assists and damn sure won’t average 9+. And I’m willing to make any bet you want on that

And still, 1.0 can never be the second iteration you doofus. Lebron is 1.0. Just accept you said a stupid thing (on par for you) and move on.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I never said you said that, I guess now I can call you a liar as well.

Why won't he average 6/7 assist and who has ever claimed he would average 9 assist a game?

Lebron never averaged 9 assists until 10 years in so why that strawman?

I never said 1.0 is the second generation I said 2.0 is the 2nd generation dingbat.

And this coming from a guy who claimed Holmgren had a Garnett comp, that's even crazier.

It's amazing that you still get so riled up when I talk about Banchero, are you pissed because he got drafted over Holmgren something you said would never happen.

You still feeling some kind of way about this is sad, you need to move on.

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I have never said he wouldn’t average 3-4 assists. That is literally what you said in the first reply. Of course you can’t keep up with your own lies.
    There are several people claiming he’s Lebron and Luka hybrid. Cheke being one of them.
    And I will bet you any amount of money he won’t average 6-7 assists in a season. One, he’s not that level of a passer. Two, he won’t have the opportunity to because he’s not that type of player.
    Chad Ford said scouts said Chet could be KG. That is verified.

Also, you don’t get to change the meaning of 1.0 and 2.0. They have set meanings, that’s why people are continuously laughing at your idiocy.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  19. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

You guys trying to come up with some type of way to cope with the fact Paolo is better then what a good amount of us thought he would be so you going to criticize his rebounding.

GotGame15, mario_v and jiggyfly like this.
  20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Paolo might be an all star level player. He hasn’t looked that good, specially finishing.

He had 8 turnovers on some bad passes today. He’s not a lead guy in any capacity

Drift Monkey likes this.