1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Rockets Summer League Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, May 15, 2022.

1. PatBev

PatBev Member

Completely agree. Green hasn’t proven anything in this league. He didn’t even look good the first half of the season. He should want to be out there after drafting someone like Jabari

Everyone says he is a gym rat, hardest worker, has that mamba work ethic but I have yet to see it. Kid is getting his nails done instead of competing. Kobe mentality my ass

I’m not knocking the kid but it’s pretty soft. Still think he’ll be a top player in the league one day but it’s pretty soft

2. Spooner

Spooner Member

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Out
    Garuba - fat

4. maj21

maj21 Member

I’m over Garuba

5. BonziWellsGOAT

Ok is Cade soft? What about Mobley? Maybe Barnes is soft then too. Suggs? Very dumb take

Edit: Also the point Jefferson is making is the Orgs need to tell these guys to be out there. I guarantee the teams sit these top picks out for fear of injury among other things. It's not because they're lazy

6. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

7. PatBev

PatBev Member

Yes, they are all soft

If the organization literally tells you that you can not play than I forgive him. Any other reason is pretty soft. Nothing against him but any player honestly

8. BonziWellsGOAT

You don't realize that NBA organizations keep their second year top picks out right. I can almost guarantee they didn't make the decision. Doesn't mean they don't have a work ethic or aren't constantly working on their game. That's like a toddler level though process. Sad stuff.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's some BS.

If Green was out there and F'd up his knee people would be beyond pissed that he played. I wouldn't even be mad if they decided to sit Bari for the rest of this thing, it means nothing for him right now, has 0 meaning outside of knocking off rust. He'll play with Green in the pre-season.

there is literally ZERO reason for him to be out there. Just because you don't see him playing basketball doesn't mean he isn't. Young Kobe was COMPLETELY Hollywood, Jordan was going out gambling and **** nightly, he's a 20 year old millionaire that on the plus side is a good looking dude (no homo) yall think he's not going to enjoy the offseason?

Klay Thompson over here inviting instamodels to his yacht every offseason like...yall look way too hard into this stuff.

Green has a life outside of basketball and a lot of his social media will focus on that because YOU already know who he is as a basketball player. He's also completely capable of enjoying his life AND getting work in.

Drift Monkey, Bo6, TheJuice and 4 others like this.
  10. BonziWellsGOAT

MJ was fishing, golfing, smoking, drinking and gambling and all other kind of **** during the season even. You think he wasn't working on his game? Like gtfo

11. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Somebody stepped under Ivey as he was shooting a three and now he’s tweaked his ankle….

Drift Monkey, D-rock and TheJuice like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's not for everybody it's for the people that win the actual competition.

That's not a participation trophy.:rolleyes:

13. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Garuba should be cut we do not need him, no interior defense and cannot shoot

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Looks real similar to Alp in game 360

Drift Monkey and D-rock like this.
  15. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

that’s literally what you did…

16. PatBev

PatBev Member

Feel like Giddy about to **** us up

Let’s see if Christopher can change my opinion of him

D-rock and Corrosion like this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Slowest 360 ever.

18. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

Defense is basically all I'm watching because that's his path to becoming a star. Tonight was much better. The offense is simple, he needs to be one of the best shooters in the league, can't judge that based on one game of make or miss.

Drift Monkey, cmoak1982 and D-rock like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

And Jabari may very likely end up near 7'0 when done growing just like his dad said.

Standing next to both Chet and Paolo showed he is taller than Paolo (listed 6'10) and not quite as tall as Chet (listed 7'0).

Drift Monkey and i3artow i3aller like this.