1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

2022 Rockets Summer League Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, May 15, 2022.

1. marinara

marinara Member

I don’t know but he DID improve.

The team was supposed to be a bad team.

Im not for or against Silas but how can you judge him when the team was supposed to lose?

He clearly is a good developmental coach and too say otherwise would be ignorant.

Is he a good NBA coach in terms of winning? We’ll find out in the next 12-24 months.

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Its good that he isnt a ego driven player I agree. My thought is that eventually in a pressure packed playoff series Jabari will have to be able to take over when Jalen is either locked down, hurt or just off for the night. Thats they type of player you are shooting for with a top 5 pick IMO. I see flashes of him being able to do that and I feel like in a couple of years when those crucial games get played he will be better prepared for that type of moment (I hope!).

jiggyfly, Rudyc281 and ipaman like this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Sengun, Green, and Porter Jr. alone should be able to generate 14-18 assists per game. As a team we were below average in assists/game at 23.6 but I think Jabari's shooting could bump that to 25+ which would get us in the top 10 and increase everyone's assist #s across the board.

Not guaranteed to lead to wins (I think it will) but it will sure as hell be beautiful basketball to watch.

Drift Monkey, Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The issue with Christopher is he's a SG, not a PG. He's looking to score literally every time he touches the ball. It doesn't even occur to him that passing is an option.

I'd like them to bench him so he gets out of the way of the other guys. It's their time to show what they can do and he does nothing to make anyone else better.

I don't think Nix or Titty bring much either but they seem to share the ball a bit more

bmelo likes this.
  5. liveguy

liveguy Member

He’ll be aight.

Drift Monkey and i3artow i3aller like this.
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

His defense was highly disappointing last night. Hopefully just a one time thing, but did not look as advertised last night.

Rudyc281, CXbby and Bobbythegreat like this.
  7. i3artow i3aller

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If Jalen hasn't taught anybody anything yet, don't judge a rookie right out the gate. Hold off the emotions of expectation until the end of the season... NBA season, not summer league.

Also, guys, Banchero and Chet we're taken ahead of Smith.... There's literally nothing to be upset about if both are better players.

9. i3artow i3aller

10. xaos

xaos Member

Next is participation awards?

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

Ghost5Horse6 and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Uhhh those big rings are too much for the summer league IMO. Should have gotten some nice watches instead, that seems to be more fitting for a summer league title.

13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

They make rings for little league baseball now. No big deal.

14. Spooner

Spooner Member

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

No judgement from me. I am still on board with Jabari. But athletically he did not look like he was in the same class as some of these other rookies we've seen. He's not much of a fluid mover. We'll see how tomorrow goes. Hopefully he gets better guard play.

16. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Wow. Guess it’s just a thing now I suppose. Big rings for err body!

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

well should of played him more last year when he was healthy...but you gave pt to danuel house, theis and other vet scrubs and couldnt even get a 2nd rounder for them lolololol what a joke!

Ghost5Horse6 likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you also then need to hold off emotions and expectations for duration of their whole careers cause jalen green still could be a big bust...
    a mic drop!

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Is Chet playing tonight??

20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Teams are not going to be able to shut down both JG and KPJ. We also have one of the best offensive post players in the league. I don’t see a scenario where Jabari is going to be forced to be the man. His job now and in the future is to be one of the best defensive players in the league and a knock down shooter and that is plenty good enough for a top 3 pick. Think Chris Bosh. Would you be happy with him as a top 3 pick?

cmlmel77 likes this.