1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix] Stranger Things

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tallanvor, Jun 9, 2016.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I'm not sure she saved her mind? Might’ve kept her organs ticking over - but I assume they need to rescue her mind from Vecna.
    Wasn't there some talk of him consuming his victims earlier?

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

That's why he cried - he realised how crud his drawing was

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Couldn't she save Eddie? She doesn't even know who the **** that is. Lulz

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Yea but dufus-face was with him and she has this ability to mind meld into situations so she could have sensed dufus-face was having a bad time and morphed over there to save Eddie. Voilà! ;)

5. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

So why couldn't she sense Hopper was still alive?

Plot holes developing left and right now.

6. boomboom

Supporting Member

Also...WTF is up with parents in Hawkins? Apocalypses, demons, murders...and none of them have any of their kids on lockdown.

Worst. Parents. EVAR!

Squirtle, ROXRAN, Sajan and 1 other person like this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Because she didn't have powers. Lulzt.

clos4life likes this.
  8. boomboom

Supporting Member

At the point she lifted the Nina tank, couldn't she sense Hopper then? I mean, she did "help" Max remotely. Why didn't she help Eddie and Hop/Joyce/Murray?

I totally get not reaching out to him when she has no powers, duh. When she gets them back, why not sense and help everyone. Why be selective?

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Am I the only one that thought Will likes Eleven and that's why he rejected that girl in class and also had issues when Mike came back?
    I thought it was obvious because of how he looked at her every time at school and when they were together somewhere.

Also explains why he never dated anyone, he has a crush on Eleven but doesn't want to steal his best friend's girl.
    And then when Mike came back, he basically faced the reality of never having a shot at Eleven and also losing the connection with his best friend.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Oooh -- that thought never crossed my mind. Nice theory.

I assumed it was the other way. He has a crush on Mike.

Invisible Fan and clos4life like this.
  11. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Eleven can't just feel the existence of someone out in the world like Professor X or Luke Skywalker or something, at least I've never gotten that impression. All the times she tried to locate someone, she had to go into her meditative state. She would have no reason to do that for Hopper at the point cause he was dead.
    Plus, all the issues she was working through in the underground lab with Brenner and Owens, Hopper probably wasn't on the forefront of her mind. Now is it possible she tried to locate him at some point between escaping the lab and getting back to Hawkins? Maybe, but again, there were more pressing concerns, like her friends who were very much alive and in serious trouble.

I also don't think El discovered some new powers and magically brought Max back to life, as in she can just go and do that for anyone now, especially Eddie whom she didn't even know nor would have realized was in the Upside down getting chewed up by bats. Remember, she was in Max's mind, and I came away with the impression that while her heart may have stopped, Max's mind was still functioning on some small level. So El tried to will her back with thoughts of her friends and loved ones. Still hard to explain, yes, but it is Stranger Things so nothing is out of the realm of possibility. I don't think the "how" is as important as the "why" anyways. It was such a powerful moment to see El calmly refuse to accept her friends death, that no, Max may die at some point, but not today. That she would not let someone she loved go that easily.[/6spoiler]

clos4life likes this.
  12. clos4life

clos4life Member

That was the 80's, awesome time to be a kid.

13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

this was how I read the situation

Phillyrocket and Yung-T like this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I liked this season better than the past 2. Did take some time warming up the first 4 eps. Not enthused they boosted 11 at those moments but it happens.

Was great they brought up how Nancy left her friend to rot while she got laid. No ****s given.

She leveled up wth the power of friendship after that speech. The flamethrower scene could've helped stun the dude if it was placed 5 mins before...

Rocket River likes this.
  15. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I finally got around to finishing season four Stranger Things just yesterday and my thoughts: I’m not sure why I was hesitant to go all in and it took me so long this might’ve been the best season besides the original for me… loved the main bad guy, his build up, story, the watchmen~esque music build up/backstory and fight near the end.
    This felt like a real superhero fight towards the end and it was brilliant

I felt it got a little lethargic near the middle but in no way did it hold it back from being the second best season in my opinion to the gold standard original…

Also I was near shocked in episode one personally because there was a Hispanic girl that looked crazy identical and I mean identical to my wife when she was about 14 years old, so much so I took a screenshot and sent it to my wife…she agreed it eerily looked like her lol ..I knew at that point it had mojo at least …:)

Salvy likes this.
  16. Salvy

Salvy Member

Latinx

ROXRAN likes this.
  17. Beezy

Beezy Member

Maybe Will is upset that Doja Cat is trying to smash Eddie.

18. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure that...

in season 5 it is going to be revealed that Eleven didn't "save" Max. I think Max is being possessed by Vecna/One and that's the ONLY reason her heart is still beating. Notice how after she somewhat recovered they still showed the creepy lines around her eyes? I'm pretty sure the reason for that is so we start to get that image of her being a creepy character, because in season 5 she will BE Vecna...and all the kids will have to fight her/try to save her. That thought is exciting because I thought the actress that played Max did a bang up job and I'm intrigued to see her stretch a bit and play a full on evil character.

JumpMan likes this.
  19. boomboom

Supporting Member

20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Finally watched the whole season. I waited until the final parts were released to renew my Netflix. It was a very enjoyable season to me. Maybe I liked it better than 2 and 3, but that could be recency bias.

I think a lot of the criticism on the story isn't warranted, eg the bully tropes. It's on point with the era.

Will and Mike do deserve some criticism, both on their plot and acting abilities. In their defense, their storyline was the most removed from the actual threats.

Episode 4 was the highlight of this season for me.

I didn't mind the longer episodes. The writers keep it interesting and entertaining that I could watch this show as long as it stays this quality.

Beezy and boomboom like this.