1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ivey or Nix

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xiki, Jun 14, 2022.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

because a random casual like you says so? someone who just consistently litters CF's with horrendous takes year in and year out. This all but confirms Ivey is going to be great in the league

KPJ has done what exactly. Put up empty numbers on the worst team and worst record in the league. My thats impressive. throwing food in locker rooms and pouting and whining during live games. Man that's impressive

The game passed you by a long time ago. Now you're forced to throw out some dumb hypothetical if he was in the nba draft. nobody cares about your assumption that will never happen. It means nothing

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's just embarrassingly stupid.

You have no arguement against what KPJ has proven in the NBA so you pathetically try to dismiss it by saying they are "empty numbers"... sorry kid, it doesn't work like that.

If ANYONE thought that Ivey could put up "empty numbers" like that in the NBA, there would be a case for him going first overall.

No one thinks he can run the point like KPJ, no one thinks he can shoot 48%on catch and shoot 3's like KPJ, no one thinks he can play defense like KPJ.

There's simply no intelligent case to be made for Ivey over KPJ.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's cause he literally has proven next to nothing.

not really. So only #1 picks are regarded as putting up monster numbers? You mean lower picks in the lottery don't turn out to be great players? OMG newsflash. That wouldn't make sense for chet or jabari then because neither will be putting up monster numbers out the gate. What a stupid attempt for a claim. Oh lets look at the history of #1 picks, were they all regarded as guys that were going to put up big numbers so that's why they went #1. Just pure stupidity of a claim.

There's plenty of reasons to say Ivey is easily going be better than kpj. Because he will. The actual bar of Kpj is laughably low. Folks like you with terrible bball iq aren't intelligent enough to process that

Like i said the game passed you by along time ago. You look at the modern era through the lens of your dinosaur age. Sorry grandpa, this era doesn't work like that

#63 YOLO, Jun 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

.... and yet you've failed to mention even one reason you laughably believe Ivey is so amazing.

It's a high bbiq arguement for sure to just say "he is better because he is"

However, it's he a better shooter? No.... but if he was even a good he'd be a better prospect because it wouldn't be so bad that he was an undersized SG.

Is he a better ball handler? Can he run the point? No to both.... but if he was he'd be a better prospect because then he'd be a combo guard instead of merely an undersized SG with a weak shot.

Is he a better defender? No.... but if he was he'd be a better prospect.

The ONLY thing he has over KPJ is that he's faster... but KPJ is stronger and a plus athlete in his own rite.... so being a bit quicker isn't really that awesome.

Do your best to actually craft an arguement, I wish to hear it.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don't need to because proving anything to someone like you is a dead end. You simply just resort back to that horrendous bball iq of yours. That's the dinosaur age in you as the game passed you by years ago. So I don't take you seriously, never have. There's a reason why I just consistently laugh

There's a number of folks around here that are capable of respectable takes. You aren't one of them. I still remember years ago the claim of the infamous Warriors were a fluke last season (the year they won the ship) and will struggle to make the playoffs the following year. just a classic

#65 YOLO, Jun 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well I gave you a chance to back up your hilariously ridiculous BS and predictably you proved incapable.

I would have thought you'd at least make an attempt.... but wisely you decided to spare yourself the embarrassment.

Run along kiddo, leave these kinds of conversations to the adults.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

didn't need a chance to continue to laugh. I do that at you all day long regardless at a 60 year old who spends hrs and hrs every single day trying to promote dumb basketball takes in 2022 who has the qualifications of a volunteer at 24 hr fitness

8. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Lowry only got into 10 games his first season. His second season, at age 21, he got some minutes but only shot 43% with a 25% three point average. He didn't get above 30% on three pointers and more than 6 assists until age 26. His last year with Houston he shot 37% from three and had 4.5 rebounds and 6.6 assists per game while scoring 14 points per game. He progressively got better from age 26 to age 30 when he shot 41% from 3 with 5 rebounds and 7 assists per game while scoring 22.4 points per game. He continued to play well through age 34 with a slight drop off this year at age 35.

If you're going to compare 19 year old Nix to Lowry isn't it fair to give him a little more time? Lowry did not flash anything until age 21.

Oh, and Lowry's last game with the Rockets was in 2012. You joined in 2016.

9. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

This is my second account I lost the password and the password to the email I used for the first account. That's why it's Lakersuck2. I can happily say I was here for the Dynex, for Zoran, for He look OK.

I'm not saying Nix can't ever be anything but let's not all pretend that it's likely he will. Look what the Grizz traded him to us for. Nix to us now is kind what I'd imagine Lowry was to the Grizz at that time but even worse cause Lowry was at least actually drafted. Hold on to him and see, fine, but don't consider him in any plans for the future.

10. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Double post pls delete

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Which ever one is on the team currently.

12. kiwirocketsfan

Does Ivey give you more of what you get from Green? And do you need two portions of that?

Nix is a unique player on our roster and do you value what he offers? I personally do like a pass first big bodied guard. He'll never be as eye catching as Ivey though.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol at this thread

only on CF's do you see people try to correlate an elite prospect to a fat scrub at guard who can't even hit free throws

14. marinara

marinara Member

5th pick vs undrafted player.

delete this thread.

clos4life, dobro1229, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I haven’t seen anything from nix that gets me excited. I will admit I haven’t seen him play much though.

he didn’t look very good last night in summer league.

imo I’d be shocked if he’s on the rockets past this season. Maybe I’m wrong and I know there is reports the rockets like him but to me he looks like a fringe nba player snd not somebody u need to spend much time if any trying to develop.

I get he’s young but he was undrafted for a reason and I hate how he attacks the basket and try’s to shoot his layups while he’s coming down it’s strange way to play and doesn’t seem very effective.

clos4life and eliefor3 like this.
  16. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Just curious what could he have done on the court that would have made you change your opinion about him?

17. csc177

csc177 Member

Lock this thread now. Nix is a fraud and will be in the Big 3 soon.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Nix is fat Mason Jones

CF loves them some scrubs for whatever reason

the fact that Rockets brass views him as a lotto pick is hilarious too

clos4life likes this.
  19. TimDuncanDonaut

Yea but chubby babies are the anti-Chet.

[​IMG]

Next meal Nix
    12% body fat Tyty
    Grub-hub Garuba

Houston Buffet Rockets.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Was OP high when making this? :confused: