1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic - Vegas Summer League 7/7/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 6, 2022.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Yup OKC, Magic, Pistons actually run sets. Silas will be fired within a year.

DeBeards, Richie_Rich, bmelo and 4 others like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

all i know is presti was not having brunches in public with Chet. Nobody knew who Giddey was until the pick was in. Stone should have put Paolo in a room and sat on him.

#1682 DreamShook, Jul 8, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
  3. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Just want to say - Josh C is so bad.

DeBeards and hakeem94 like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

:D

Usman & Daishen too.

DeBeards and DreamShook like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't mind Eason jacking though, if there is a time for him to chuck threes its the summerleague. He's a rookie so he has to use the summerleague, pre-season, and garbage time to experiment.

JC has no excuse though. He's going to be a key rotation player on the rockets, might even start some games due to others resting or injuries, no reason at all for what he did tonight.

6. VoR

VoR Member

Nix and Lamb are no fun to watch.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

If only we played Garuba

DeBeards, bmelo, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  8. VoR

VoR Member

Eason being the ballhawk on the boards is the highlight of the game for me. TyTy players like a floor general. Glad he shut up the idiots on this board.

DeBeards, clos4life and D-rock like this.
  9. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Don't you ever believe that.

10. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

So you are saying magic wouldn't have picked banchero if they didn't know rockets would get him 2 picks later ? Honestly even if the rockets didn't say anything, who didn't know they they would pick him up?

Zen Tabak and DreamShook like this.
  11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Im more dissapointed in the coaching staff, the plays, the players that should have a better mindset than I am in Jabari...

In fact, I really liked Jabari... He can drive a little, is lethal from three... Im sure he will settle in on defense. He is a long body that can flat out shoot over people, Durant esque....

In worried about The Rockets system thou, there is no rhyme or reason for the way this team runs plays...

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Im just saying dont give them a reason. The amount of chatter about Paolo was crazy. Everyone knew Chet was going to OKC but there was nothing out there pumping him up like Paolo to #1.

13. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Well said !
    Rockets have a go to scorer in green and a really good scorer in kpj. This is why jabari is such a good fit with the rockets. He provides 2 things we need from a big man, shooting and defense. That's a hard thing to find at 6 ft 10. He will be able to do more than just catch and shoot open shots but he wasnt drafted to play iso ball

D-rock and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm not going to worry about it.

Jabari was never going to be a #1 option guy, especially not his early seasons, and we sure don't need him to be.

I do think his defense was exactly as advertised, able to switch, able to play help defense, communicates, and that in the long run he's probably going to be a better fit for the team moving forward.

Everyone wants to be GSW but GSW guys fit. If they traded Klay for Beal as was rumored do they win those rings? Maybe not. Beal is probably the better one on one player, probably the better all around player, but he (klay) fits what GSW wants to do like a glove.

I think Jabari and Chet were better fits than Paolo. I think Paolo's game would have clashed with Sengun's and who knows if he meshes with Green and KPJ.

Jabari will come in day 1 and slide right in to the 4 spot and a role. He'll have shots created for him, he'll play defense, and he'll also stretch the floor for our guards and will allow Sengun to operate down low and on defense provide help.

I think he's going to have a very mobley like summer league because guys aren't looking to give him shots as we see. They are all looking to have that one big game that will get them a contract on a team. Like this Houstan guy or Lofton Jr. They are playing for their lives and for Jabari this is basically meaningless. He gets some run and gets to knock the rust off of him and that's about it.

15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Put Lamb on that list...Nix and Lamb need to stay in the GLeague

clos4life and D-rock like this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That's definitely sexual assault

DeBeards, HP3, clos4life and 2 others like this.
  17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

At least no one is overreacting to the first Summer League game...

DeBeards, hakeem94, clos4life and 3 others like this.
  18. BonziWellsGOAT

5/12 extremely efficient?

rfrocket and Salvy like this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Jabari can be a taller better defensive Dale Ellis - he is going to be a super role player......maybe an all star game or a few...but asking him to be a superstar - he would need so much more work on his game......but it could happen.

I hate this coaching staff, HATE IT, they don't have a clue......where were the PnR's? Where were the pin downs? Where was the ball movement? Where was the player movement this was HORRIBLE on offense and our D showed effort but too much fouling and reaching.

I hated the coaching, I think Silas has to go.......if this is his doing, it was terrible.

DD

20. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I love how everyone is making career determinations on our entire young roster after just one PRE-pre season exhibition, take a long deep breath everyone and exhale on Saturday for round 2. Smh...

xtruroyaltyx and D-rock like this.