1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Shai vs. Luka as the Mavericks try to even the series in OKC. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Blacks Commit The Most Murders, Police Shoot More Whites

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Jul 5, 2022.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Like clockwork.

If there is a mass shooter and he's white you can BET on pgabs showing up with this same tired old topic.

Andre0087, jiggyfly and T_Man like this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Again the point of the thread is the false belief that blacks are shot more. I didn't bring it up.. You haven't seen these claims on social media?

3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Steve Harvey isn’t special, he but he has charisma and common sense and was willing to do what was necessary and dd it the right way - He found his gift thru 2 things : Attitude and Effort

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Steve Harvey Calls BLM Protests 'One of the Greatest Movements Since the Civil Rights Movement'
    https://people.com/tv/steve-harvey-...st-movements-since-the-civil-rights-movement/

Just wanted to put this out here because you made a post about how Steve would never complain about such things, maybe you are right, that he never complained about it, but it looks like he realizes it does exist.

Ignoring a problem doesn't mean it goes away.

So since you do admire Harvey, I think he's an admirable person as far as I know, maybe consider that his feelings on race issues, feelings that many like him have expressed, are real feelings and are not coming out of nowhere.

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. ROXRAN

Listen I don’t have to agree with everything someone says as a virtue - one of my daughters is a leftist while the other is mini roxran and a believer in capitalism, I love them both the same ..he has a right to call BLM what he wants and he is entitled to that

however…that doesn’t change his message about how to approach life in a capitalistic society and embrace it and better yourself and that is what I AM AGREEING with- it is his holistic stance about doing what is right and working hard and skin color, lack of school or home status NOT holding anyone back …
    Absolutely if more blacks, whites, browns, yellows, reds, pinks, polka dots thought the same way …would BLM necessarily need to exist today? Probably not because we would be making smarter choices

JumpMan likes this.
  6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

See this is where you're wrong Stephen....

I actually talked to my elderly family members this weekend and I actually asked if they thought times are better are worst?

The majority stated todays times are scarier now... Back then they knew what was ahead of them and what they had to face, they were prepared for all of the racism and difficulties of moving forward.... But in todays times, there is no more hiding behind hoods or using codes words (like Trump) to state someone is not white... It's all wide open and in right there in front of you...

See Stephen, you have been in the house for so long you have no ideal of what is really happening outside...

T_Man

Rocket River likes this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What really happened to you in terms of racism?

We as a people have a hard time admitting times are better because fighting racism is ingrained in our culture because we had to fight it so long

It's your job to let your people know things are better

#127 pgabriel, Jul 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wow, pgabs can still get a thread with over 100 posts with the same bullshit.

How can people still take the bait?

T_Man likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That's not my question. My question is whether you think the median white family works 1000% harder or more effective than the median black family as that is the wealth gap between the two median households.
    [​IMG]
    Most of us try to work hard. Are you saying the 1000% difference is accounted for by work ethics between the two races?

JayGoogle likes this.
  10. T_Man

LOL!!!!!

So when things GET BETTER!!!! I will Let People Know!!!!

T_Man

11. ROXRAN

I don’t know - what I do know if more people had a Steve Harvey mindset there would be increased examples of people having success

12. T_Man

I've been in a mtg since 7am, so pgabs is keeping me entertained so I don't fall a sleep....

He kills me...

T_Man

Rocket River and jiggyfly like this.
  13. MexAmercnMoose

we're too busy working, que no

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You understand for your conclusion to make any sense you first have to answer my question.

Is the 1000% wealth gap between median households of these two races atrirvuted to difference in work ethic culture between the two races?

If the answer is "no", then your suggestion to solve that massive difference makes no sense. You understand this concept right?

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

There are definitely people that HAVE been held back because of their race though and people that have been killed just because of their race and being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Like Arbery. He was 25 years old when he was killed for being black in the wrong neighborhood, was he held back?

Or instances like the GI Bill.

You can say "Yes, you can still work hard and be successful no matter what!" That is true. I mean, I'm sure you've seen the commercial featuring Hansel Emmannuel, the one armed basketball player that has D1 schools recruiting him. Now sure, he's proven that even with one arm you can play basketball but two arms is definitely preferable. His success doesn't mean kids should start chopping off their weak arm it just means that despite the obstacles he was able to find success. In the future, should tech allow it, my guess is that such a player would opt to have their second arm instead of being an against all odds success story.

The point being that the playing field isn't completely fair and as long as that is the case people will 'complain' about its unfairness.

black people have historically and presently have had obstacles in front of them. You're saying that is his holistic stance but ignoring that he clearly thinks racism is a big problem and a problem he's tired of dealing with it.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. ROXRAN

@JayGoogle , I don’t doubt circumstances can prevent success. If I lost my leg , my impact to earn would be gone. Everyone has obstacles and life can be unfair. Someone can be killed any day for any reason like a truck falling over on a convertible or crime , etc …but there is only two things anyone can control is effort and attitude and my stance is whether everyone finds their gift and pursues it with the E&A then we would see less crime because success increases.

if Steve Harvey can do it with everything thought to be against him : skin color, schooling, home status, etc …than anyone can do it by developing the right approach. There are no guarantees in life but Steve shows the way. My question is are we ignoring what Steve Harvey has accomplished and how he has accomplished it? Are we ignoring his message?

#136 ROXRAN, Jul 6, 2022
  17. ROXRAN

I disagree, my conclusion makes sense because Steve Harvey made the blueprint of what he spoke of work,…Steve could have become down and claim life is unfair and things could have went against him but he developed the concept of finding your gift and the power of ten and promoting concepts of the family unit to better yourself.

He is the example of what works and what makes sense. Interestingly enough once I examined the message of Steve Harvey and implemented it in my business. Guess what? My success doubled. Because I looked at what he was saying and having that approach…had nothing to do with my color. (I’m mixed anyways lol)

thank you Steve Harvey for helping me reinforce how to approach my work life to have greater success. My hope is others will be willing to listen and learn from you as well

#137 ROXRAN, Jul 6, 2022
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What if it's a White person identifying as Black?
    @Reeko
    [​IMG]

ROXRAN likes this.
  19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You can talk **** but can't answer what racism ou faced

20. ROXRAN

That isn’t her gift. The effort wasn’t there AND she didn’t pull it off IMHO
    Your Gift. The thing you do the absolute best with the least amount of effort. – Steve Harvey

tinman likes this.