1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020: What Are You Watching - Corona Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Mar 15, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I watched Robocop 3 again because I did not remember ever watching it it was bad it was good, young Jill Hennesy was great to look at and other people who have turned up a lot of stuff I like.

Stephen Root
    CCH Pounder
    Rip Torn
    Robert John Burke

I forgot that they turned RB into a Mech but the biggest thing I took away was how they predicted the advent of WiFi it was the key to a lot of the tech.

Also, that kid was some kind of computer wiz/hacker, very interesting rewatch.

I am finnaly watching Jupiters Legacy as well and its not as terrible as I thought, the flashbacks are way to much so far, interesting to see how this ends.

2. clos4life

clos4life Member

We Own This City was a good mini series,like a real life The Wire.

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only Murderers In The Building season 2 out now.

Also, The Old Man on FX (Hulu) is surprisingly good so far. Highly recomend.

4. Buck Turgidson

I watched the first 2 episodes this morning, well written characters and much better than I expected.

Ottomaton likes this.
  5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Hulu Original- "The Bear" takes a dive into a life as a small restaurant owner and the obstacles that come with it. All in all a good show.
    Character development is good and continues to build but some are annoying af. I recommend it.

marky :) and dmoneybangbang like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

It's a good show. I'm really wanting to talk to my brother (former chef) after he watches a couple of episodes. It may give him PTSD: dull knives, lots of yelling, dirty workstations, Joel McHale's character, etc....

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

"Troppo" with Thomas Jane on Freevee app (formerly known as IMDBtv). This is a murder-mystery TV show set in Australia. I think it's quite possibly Thomas Jane's finest work. It's a great show imo once you get into it. I haven't finished it just yet. I don't know what to think on whodunnit. Check it out.

Edit: Just finished binge watching season one which is I think 8 episodes. This show is great. Not only did Thomas Jane rock his part...the actress playing opposite of him named Nicole Chamoun was just as awesome. Season two is coming in 2023 and is confirmed by Thomas Jane. This is a very well-written murder-mystery with excellent character development. Just a very well done show all around. Highly recommend it. I think it got 100% on Rotten Tomatoes is what I read. I couldn't imagine you being disappointed after watching this so give it a go mate!

#1347 Surfguy, Jul 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I would watch it just for Joel McHale he has been out of the loop for a while, I loved Community.

I am not adding any streaming services any time soon so will have to miss out.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Thanks for pointing this out it's on Amazon and I just put it on my watch list.

Australia has some good tv shows and movies, when they do it right it's really good.

https://crimefictionlover.com/2018/07/five-great-australian-crime-shows/

I have seen Romper Stomper and Deep Water RS was great DW was ok.

I am currently watching Jack Irish and currently on the fence about a grade it's okay but a bit convoluted.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Just finished Loch Ness on Prime.

A pretty good crime drama about a Serial Killer that actually was a surprise who did it.

Not a lot of red herrings and the people they focused on were good suspects and the actual killer made sense his motivations did not make sense but it was not out of left field either.

To many subplots for my liking but overall pretty good acting and story, only 6 episodes so a quick in and out, 7.5 out of 10.

I started watching it because of Lydia from Breaking Bad and she did not disappoint, she is the star of the show.

Stunning visuals of Loch Ness and the surrounding mountains.

Xerobull and FrontRunner like this.
  11. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Check out The Bear on Hulu - 9/10

If you liked the movie Chef or are into food content, you'll probably love this show.

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I searched and no one has mentioned "Man in Between". This show is hilarious, dark and entertaining as hell. It was on FX and I remembered see trailers and commercials for it but it just seemed to miss me every week for 3 seasons. Its on Hulu, as everything FX is and its great.

Read more in to it about how many seasons there were and apparently is abruptly ends in a climatic season 3 cause the writer(also star) was tired of the character. Lulz. The set of balls on him to just up and quit with so much fanfare.

Its also Aussie and those blokes drive on the wrong side of the road.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's Mr. Inbetween I talked about a year ago a very good show, I did not know the main guy was also the writer.

I need to finish it.

14. marky :)

marky :) Member

Another vote for 'The Bear' on Hulu/FX.

The Bear
    The Old Man
    Money Heist: Korea

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm on season 12 of the Trailer Park Boys on Netflix. It's a decent getting high and playing guitar while watching TV show.

16. Beezy

Beezy Member

Yeah, I mentioned Mr. Inbetween before as well. It's a great show.

Jul 22, 2021

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Just finished season 1 of The Bay on Amazon 7.5 out of 10 only 6 episodes with a case-of-the-week type feel but a mystery that is in the background the entire season and into the next.

I would have given it an 8 because the plot is good and the actors are very good but it got too cute at the end trying to hook you into the next season.

I will give season 2 a chance but not really hopeful.

The series being based in New Zealand is nice but it's always funny how much murder and crime happens in these small communities.

Interesting twist in the 1st season a real gut punch.

18. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I'm watching the Chris Pratt series The Terminal List on Prime. Think I'm on episode 5 now

My expectations were low going in but unfortunately they weren't low enough. Pratt's a decent enough actor but there's nothing here you haven't seen 1000 times before.

I was thinking that the show had the feel of a big budget NBC series, but then they went and threw in one of the most over the top, gory torture scenes I've ever seen. We all like seeing the bad guy get what's coming to him. It's just [SPOILER ALERT] maybe you should do more than flash the bad guy's face on the screen for a shot or two before disemboweling him?

My advice is to skip it.

19. Buck Turgidson

Black Bird on Apple+ is great.

TheFreak likes this.
  20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Just heard that from a friend last night. It's on my to watch list