1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Rockets Summer League Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, May 15, 2022.

1. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Anybody have an idea on what’s going on with Garuba? I noticed he’s not practicing but sitting on the sidelines. Not looking good.

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Read up, I said he and Jovic showed out

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

As an overall prospect there is no question Chet is better. That’s why he was drafted higher

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Chet definitely looked good....but even if he ends up being the best player in the class I won't be annoyed about it, he was drafted before the Rockets picked.

The reason the Green vs Mobley BS was different was because we picked one over the other. We didn't have a shot at either of the other top prospects in this class, so either Smith will be amazing and show we got the best, or the other two will show why they were picked first. It's pretty much a no lose situation.

The only scenario where I'd be annoyed is if Smith turns out to be a bust (highly unlikely IMO due to his defense and shooting) and one of the guys taken later turns into a superstar (also highly unlikely)

MrButtocks, Rudyc281, fryjol7 and 4 others like this.
  5. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

I imagine he and Tari will be 3&D hybrid forwards that are fully interchangeable at any given moment.

6. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Yeah. Was wondering about that. Hopefully this will change today.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Does NBA League Pass (India) show Summer League games?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I’m slightly bummed Jalen isn’t around the team. Cade is with the Pistons, Giddey is with the Thunder. They’re both participating in summer league and have already developed chemistry with the new rookies on their team. I don’t expect Jalen to participate but it would’ve been cool to at least to see him showing up to the training facility while they ran scrimmages. We haven’t even seen a picture of Jabari and Jalen together. Also when they asked about Jabari and the others, his answer was something along the lines of him showing them the ropes like he was a vet already and nothing about building a rapport. I’m just nitpicking though. And getting impatient for the season to start.

Shark44, Rudyc281, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wow, Bones Holmgren went off last night.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I thought he was going to get bullied.

My guy, he was the bully

It's like watching your child small child play with much bigger older kids, scared he's gonna get picked on

and then he kicks the ever-living **** out of them

[​IMG]

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I think I sold Jabari short on his ability to put the ball on the floor and get to the rim.

After watching him more I expect him to put the ball on the floor more than what I originally thought.

He definitely has room for growth there, but he's not some stiff klutz who just can't put it on the floor at all.

I also expect his finishing at the rim to get much better.

DeBeards, Denovo, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly, and with his stroke, defenders are going to fall for the easiest of shot fakes. Opening straight line drives to the cup

Denovo, Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

nah u aren’t nitpicking; he should be practicing with the team. I don’t like when teams put young stars on a pedi stool and treat them differently than other players. It’s bad for team chemistry and frankly it doesn’t help the development of young star players. We badly need an old school mentality approach to this team. Silas and Stone are so far away from that. I’m praying Hollins will change the culture, but perhaps that’s asking too much of an assistant coach.

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I’m with you, I’d like to see him there practicing with the team.
    Alp too, I know he’s with national team and he’s supposed to be there, but I want to see these guys with the rest of the team.

tehG l i d e, Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  16. j@amc

j@amc Member

I think we'll get a Jalen Green sighting soon enough. He's just working out on his own and staying out of the way not to be a distraction to the young guys.

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i feel like Sengun would be there if not for the national team commitment. That’s legit. Green may have some other conflicts, but I don’t think they rise to that level. He has plenty of time to use his offseasons for other things. He needed to be in Vegas with the other guys going into his 2nd year. No excuse. I don’t like it at all.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I wish we knew his hand size. Guys with relatively small hands (Jalen Brown) are capped on how good they can become at ball-handling.

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Alpi's debut was better! ;)

Game 1 - 15pts/15 rebs/3ast/4 blk
    Game 2 - 21pts/8reb/3ast/4blk

D-rock, Nook, fckbandwagons and 2 others like this.
  20. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I’ll be in Vegas for the 1st game.

xtruroyaltyx and D-rock like this.