1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Rockets Summer League Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, May 15, 2022.

1. a time to chill

Chet would've been the clear #1 pick if it weren't for his frame. He's going to be a special player. I didn't understand why so many people were negative about him. Glad we got Jabari, but if OKC took Jabari I would've been happy with Chet.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

if Chet was a measly 20 lbs heavier heading into the draft, there wouldn’t have even been a debate over who is #1 pick which is why he was the best prospect with the highest ceiling

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

You a have no business calling other people idiots when you’re one of the worst in this board clearly. Consistently making dumb threads and have some of worst takes to date. Had Chet struggled today you would be all over this board I told you so I told you so. FOH

4. Joerex Jamisola

Wait till competition will become tougher. Utah summer league players are scrubs but Chet is much above them all so lets see

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's literally the lazy cliché since he was playing early in hs. as the competition continues to get "tougher" he still makes in way into the league as a top prospect. so next up is probably well its just regular season. lets see how he does in the playoffs. blah blah blah

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I wanted Chet, we have Jabari, now am all team Jabari.

Let's go!

DD

7. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

The concern with Chet was, is, and will always be if his thin frame can handle the wear and tear of brutal long NBA seasons. He’s such a talented player. No question about that. But him doing well in a summer league game isn’t going to erase the concern. Not at all.

8. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

The Rockets have Jalen Green so If all Jabari ends up being is the ultimate 3 and D guy, then they struck gold. I believe he'll eventually be more than that, but what he currently brings to the table is exactly what the Rockets need. I foresee lots of picks-and-pops in the near future. o_O

9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

There is a very good chance I will be proven wrong about being down on Chet. That being said, a lot of guys can look good in summer league.

Corrosion and don grahamleone like this.
  10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Keep watching him this year - from what I saw in college, the guy is a legitimate wing defender. He is better there than in the post. Good chance he can become a 3 in the NBA with time

11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

12. Nook

Nook Member

He looked goood.

ThatBoyNick, BigM, Rudyc281 and 6 others like this.
  13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Nah i think he will be amazing. The top 5 of the 2021 & and 2022 draft. And it looks like next draft as well are pretty special. Not your Anthony Bennet drafts here.

Corrosion, raining threes and D-rock like this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

great move by the rockets..they got artest for nothing, yea kings got donte greene, but hes a rockets lover n he will grow..n when his contract expires, he gonna come back to the rockets, so we got the future n a championship now

a comment on that video haha

don grahamleone, RasaqBoi and D-rock like this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Not one but surprised. He was the number 1 player going into his freshman year and OKC isn’t trying to win NCAA tournaments.

The Magic are gonna regret passing on him

Corrosion, Rudyc281 and DaDakota like this.
  16. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Chet looked great. I am rooting for that guy and he is really fun to watch. But I would still be both ecstatic and scared if we got him.

I really hope neither he nor Banchero turn into Mobley on this forum. We couldn't draft either of them - both were gone when we picked. It was always clear, that we would take whoever of the three fell to us. And while I was hoping to get Banchero in the end, and while I still believe Chet has the highest ceiling, I am really thrilled we have Smith!

17. Rocket_Man_2.0

Chet Holmgren is the real deal...way better than Mobley!

18. houston19519

houston19519 Member

Keegan Murray has been very impressive in summer league in three games. I wonder why most not mentioning him along side Chet great game tonight? :eek:

MrButtocks, D-rock and red5rocket like this.
  19. Ghost5Horse6

Ghost5Horse6 Member

All Chet need is some advice from Zion on how to gain weight and he will be all good.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Keegan’s an old rookie…Chet was busting out Dirk 1 legged fadeaways and had a “DO NOT ENTER” sign in the paint the way he was patrolling and protecting the rim

he looked like white KD with Gobert level rim protection in his 1st game

Corrosion, D-rock, YOLO and 5 others like this.