1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon Trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Landry's Tooth

The training facility is a fair point. He talked about upgrades and then nothing has happened.

Wonder if COVID had something to do with it. Figure 1 to 2 years for design and permit would have put him at shovel ready about the time of the pandemic.

Someone should ask him what the status is.... maybe money reason but maybe something else.

Cheap ass?

After what he paid Wall?

Just admit he fathered your child or something. Deal in reality here. He's spending a lot of money on payroll. Let's see what the reason is on the facility before you make assumptions.

2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

You really want all the examples again? Sure we can go over this. For the one millionth time. And stop using a fake numbers to support your argument. CP3 trade, PJ Tucket, and Luc signings all happened before Tillman bought the team. All the moves were made in the summer before he acquired the team. We were already top 10 in payroll like I said. Yes Les was cheap too but he knew he couldn't afford the new roster so he sold.

If you don't want to count Ariza that's fine. We didn't need to pay him but sure woulda been nice to get someone other than James Ennis for the vet min.

Cost Cutting moves.
    Ryan Anderson Trade. Wasting draft picks and young players. For guys we didn't even play.

Knight trade for Shumpert wasting draft picks for another scrub. Oh and if you think he's worth a first round pick why didn't we resign him? That's right cuz Tillman is cheap and offered him the craziest incentive based contract the league has ever seen. That woulda got vetoed which brings us to ...

oh the NENE contract. Wtf kinda contract offer was that... vetoed by the league cuz it was soo bogus.

how bout sending House down to G league when he was playing well. To save 1 million dollars!! Costing us a better seed!!!

not adding salary in Westbrook trade to bring back more pieces

I can go on for days you are just too blind to see it.

We had our MLE to spend and he never spent it one time.

How many trade exceptions did he let expire?

BHannes2BHonest, ilias and Dacamel like this.
  3. Landry's Tooth

I went to spotrac as far back as it goes...

6 years of Les Alexander and 5 years of TF.

The last 6 years Les spent an average of 86.7% of the luxury tax line. TF has averaged 97.1%.

Here are the percentages from 2011 - 2021:

If you look at the cheapest TF has been (93.9%) it would be out all but 2 of Les' last 6 seasons.

theDude and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  4. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Thanks for derailing the thread, @RHU525 and @Landry's Tooth. Your contributions to this board are impeccable.

Dacamel and Phillyrocket like this.
  5. Landry's Tooth

So you think it would be good for the basketball operations to have kept Ryan Anderson for 2 years than what we got from Phoenix for 1 year?

So cheap is trading draft pick for veterans?

So you want to use trade exceptions and MLE to finish with worse odds of a top pick?

House wasn't going to get us a #1 seed. Do you hear yourself?

You cite smart basketball decisions as "cost cutting" and you really think you look smart doing it...

Mbah a Moute
    G Clark
    Ariza
    Nene
    Rivers
    House
    Shumpert
    Bradley
    Augustin
    Cousins
    Mclemore
    Brown
    Carroll
    J Green
    G Green
    Sefolosha

Go ahead and tell me what they all did after leaving here?

House was cut loose for being immature and a bad example, not for playing reasons.

Outside of that your best argument is about keeping Carmelo and Hartenstein, both of whom have played for multiple teams since then and are still looking for another new team now.

I'm not trying to be harsh but you’re arguing the corpse of Ryan Anderson and Trevor Ariza would have helped win games.

Ah, but then we would have their bad contracts to trade for a star player, right?

It took assets to unload Anderson and the same would have been true for Ariza too.

You also assume Ariza would be thrilled with a one year deal.

6. Landry's Tooth

I just corrected misinformation. They keep dragging it on.

They claim my source is wrong and the numbers are wrong but can't cite a single source.

They need to learn they were wrong and stop making it worse for themselves and then this ends.

You would think a single source would be enough but then they claim its wrong so i have to duplicate the work and double the posts because they just won't believe the data despite them not having any data to refute it.

7. Vivid

Vivid Member

People are wrong on the internet all the time. DM him if this is super important to you. The rest of us have to read through your pages of sh** and don't give any f***s. We don't care. You are not this anti-busy you can actively pursue this for this long. It's not that you are Hoopshype-wrong, you are just being a Clutchfans-a**hole. I know you are a good dude, so stay off the keyboard for 10 minutes and see if any of this matters to you anymore after that. If you still feel so inclined, write another cap based post with figures and percentages...

...and delete it because nobody gives a F***!

8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

You clearly just don't get it. I would have been fine just letting Anderson expire. Why did we waste assets to get rid of him. Those first round picks would have been helpful. Deanthony Melton has been a solid role player for the Grizzlies this year. We could have used him too. Its not about the player we traded away or let go. Its what we had to give up to get rid of those players when all he had to do was just pay them and let them rot. If you gonna trade 1st round picks away at least get players that can help you win.

You forgot the original House situation. He was on a 2 way contract. He was playing great, then his 45 days were up. Instead of signing him to a deal for the rest of the season that would have put us into the luxury tax the Rockets sent him back to the g-league for like 2 months for no reason. Then we just started playing even worse scrubs to save money.

I wanted to use the MLE when we were competing. When Harden was still on the Roster. Now I don't care what he does. Tank and cost cut all you want. Just don't waste any more picks.

Tillman has you totally fooled. He's like a contractor that spends all his money building a house on making it look nice. Nice appliances and interior but then you own the house and the plumbing and electricity falls apart. He gets the fan base with the big splash moves and keeping the super stars. But doesn't spend on any role players needed to win. Not a formula for success.

Just explain to me the NENE contract. I dont' care what he did after he left here. I just want you to explain to me how that isn't penny pinching?

D-rock and ilias like this.
  9. Landry's Tooth

They were trying to structure Nene as an optimal trade asset that another team could cut after trading for him.

House wasn't the difference maker you're claiming. He had started 12 games and had decent numbers. He was like Garrison Mathews for us last year. When House came back he was coming off the bench.

Melton was garbage in Phoenix and they dumped him for very little. Credit Memphis for turning him into a decent player.

What first round pick was traded to unload Anderson?

Here are where their 1st rounders went under TF:

2017 - sent with Brewer for Lou Willliams
    2018 - sent in Paul trade
    2019 - sent for Shumpert

The 2019 pick was #26 and shaved off payroll for the 2019 season.

They used that money on an Eric Gordon extension, House extension, and they picked up a few veterans in Chandler, Nene, Mclemore, and Sefolosha.

That pick was Dylan Windler.

I'm not seeing how Windler helps more than what they did with the money savings. Who was drafted after that you would argue was likely to have been the pick?

Tf can't have me fooled. I'm looking at the data, not TF...

CarlosGM likes this.
  10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

You two need to get a room seriously.

11. Vivid

Vivid Member

Why don't you two go meet up in Temecula already?

D-rock likes this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U can spend money on a yatch and cheap out on building a training facility.

Cheap doesn't exclusively m3an tilman is being a penny pincher on everything he does.

Covid as excuse jeezus christ.
    Until he upgrades the training facility that he says he was gonna do 4 years ago or it just proves he's a cheap ass that's all talk.

U can defend him all u want, I'm still waiting for the promise training facility

D-rock likes this.
  13. Landry's Tooth

I'm not sure why you bring it up. I said it was a fair question to ask for the status.

Let's hear why it's not reality yet. You are making assumptions.

He's carrying a top half payroll in the league while revenue is way down from tanking. It could simply be a business decision.

I think I'm being reasonable.

How much is a practice facility? More or less than what he paid John Wall to eat cheetos?

14. Landry's Tooth

For the record, i agree about the thread. Ill go in and delete the posts later if it lets me.

Someone is whining from thread to thread about TF not spending enough and I made the mistake of taking them seriously...

15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Just cuz someone else used the pick on Dylan Wilder doesn't mean that's who the Rockets woulda taken. Jordan Poole was drafted 2 picks after..... Claxton a few picks later. Who knows what we woulda got.

NeNe contract was structured exactly in a way to keep us under salary cap.

16. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

A3E09F62-A212-4B37-B69D-8C6CC6EC71E6.gif

cmoak1982 and Landry's Tooth like this.
  17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Great players carry teams to a decent win totals, Draymond can't do that. You will will win way more with Steph and Klay without Draymond, than the otherway around. Draymond got lucky he was drafted to a team that had lots of potential. If he went to a bad team like Minnesota, he wouldn't have achieved as much as he has.

we don't know Tillman won't pay the tax. He just wouldn't pay it on the team we had and fair enough, we were not going to win a title with that team. Things can get different when you build something through the draft like the Warriors did.

Ayton is very good and also in the right age bracket for our team.

18. Landry's Tooth

Ayton is good, but he has been popped for PEDs and we have Sengun.

Ayton is better now but I think Sengun has much higher upside due to his passing game and superior post moves. Ayton has a better face to the basket and a better rim runner.

Better than wasting cap space I guess...

Ideal additions would be a pure PG and elite 3/D small forward to pair with Jabari.

RudyTBag likes this.
  19. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Since this thread is so off topic now...I just want to let yall know I like cheesecake.

20. Landry's Tooth

I do wonder if we would value Maxey high enough to offer Gordon and a pick. They may be interested in replacing some lost picks...

Maxey strikes me more as a small 2 than a distributor...

Efficient scorer though...

If they could combine Maxey and Thybulle they would really have something...