1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant requests a trade out of Brooklyn!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

never been impressed with Iko, but now I think he should lose his rockets covering privileges.

literally the dumbest trade proposal ever. Even too dumb to be included in the random trades thread.

2. Soneca

Soneca Member

If it’s a competition “who’s more stupid than the Twolves FO” give the man the prize: 4 FRP, 1 pick swap, EGo and KMJ for Ayton clearly wins it

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

He would probably have to part with Siakam to make the cap figures work in any scenario. I think the more likely reason Barnes won’t end up in Houston is because Tsai doesn’t seem interested in building organically - he seems to be cut from the “buy your way to a title” cloth and has a clear directive to win. They made moves to establish roster depth even AFTER Durant made his request so I think this team is trying to field the most competing roster it can even if Durant and Kyrie demand to be traded.

TheJuice likes this.
  4. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

That was in a different multi verse

D-rock, BamBam and i3artow i3aller like this.
  5. i3artow i3aller

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

At some point they are gonna figure out that teams who want Durant are focused on win-now and to do that they can’t swap out their stars. There are contending teams with top level young talent who may be stars one day (GS with Kaminga, or Toronto with OG, or Portland with Simmons, or Miami with Herro, for example). Those kinds of players are the best Brooklyn can do, and they are only likely to get one of those guys in a deal for Durant. It’s just posturing that they want multiple stars back; they have to know that the only way they eventually recoup decent value for Durant is hitting on future draft picks. The minute Durant went public with his trade demand, Brooklyn was destined to become a late lotto team at best for the next few years.

the rockets are virtually guaranteed good picks from Brooklyn now.

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

It's all posturing. That said, the Nets do have the benefit of Durant being under contract until 2026. This means teams that Duran might not have preferred can still trade for him as a gamble in hopes of convincing him to stay as they have more time.

Aruba77 likes this.
  8. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

This is the tank that never ends, it just goes on and on my friend.

9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

That wouldn't be a good idea for said team. Who's going to trade for a player that doesn't want to be there, just to try to trade him again and hopefully get more or similar assets back?

Corrosion likes this.
  10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Surprised the talking heads haven't floated this one:

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_7-6-2022_10-36-52AM.png

slothy420 likes this.
  11. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

12. jch1911

jch1911 Member

BRK: Ingram (NOP) + Nance Jr. (NOP) + rights to D. Daniels (NOP) + 2025 NOP FRP + 2027 NOP FRP + 2027 LAL FRP (top 5 protected)

LAL: Irving (BRK)

NOP: Durant (BRK)

Who says no? Plus Durant could possibly help lead NOP to playoffs success / re-write the narrative (and eat some great Cajun / Creole food to put weight on)

Moreover, Pellies are in Western conference (sux for Rox)

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'd honestly be fine with that. A Brooklyn team led by Ingram and a bunch of role players isn't making much noise in the playoff picture.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Caesar

Caesar Member

lol they have

slothy420 likes this.
  15. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Makes perfect sense. If I’m the Nets, and I can’t convince the Rockets to provide relief from the Harden trade via a three team deal, I’d also prioritize players to try and prevent a collapse.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Didn’t see it. Seems like an easy answer for both teams, although AD wouldn’t be happy. Lakers would immediately be crowned the favorite by the media at least.

Caesar likes this.
  17. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Question: If the Nets trade Durant to the Pelicans, would you relieve the Nets of some of their future obligations in exchange for Dyson Daniels? Say, the Nets 2024 pick in exchange for Dyson? How about the 2024 pick and a swap for Dyson? I'd seriously consider it. I like Dyson a lot.

jch1911 likes this.
  18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

The funny thing is is Kevin Durant will end up back in Brooklyn all the while the team will still implode

CK Johnson likes this.
  19. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I forgot to add Westbrook to BRK (for Irving)

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Sure, they want to "Try" to prevent a collapse.

Thing is that they really don't have a choice. Once Durant made his trade demands public, they lost any leverage they might have had, 4 year contract or not. There's blood in the water - Teams know he wants out.

We heard all these same things with Harden .... and the team being "willing to get uncomfortable", eventually Harden got what he demanded.

No team is giving up their top tier stars in exchange. The idea is to add Durant to those players and win a championship, not swap stars.

They are going to get a poo platter of matching contracts and some draft picks - how many is questionable.

Phillyrocket and luckyman76 like this.