1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[Netflix] Stranger Things

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tallanvor, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I didn't mean to imply he didn't. The actor has a background in music and has been playing guitar since he was young.

I made a mistake earlier. It was Robert Trujillo's son, Tye, that played the guitar solo...not his brother.

It's been a boom for Metallica. "Master of Puppets" is back on the charts and they're getting a bunch of new fans. Given the song is about drugs and "Stranger Things" appeals to a lot of kids I'm sure, their parents probably aren't too happy about their kids listening to this. lol

#641 Surfguy, Jul 5, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    clos4life, cmoak1982 and boomboom like this.
  2. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Interesting stuff...

cmoak1982 likes this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That was my fault, I didn’t read the end of your post.
    I thought it was impressive he could play any part of the song.

4. Surfguy

If you want to check out the worst movie involving an actor playing "fake" guitar in film, then check out "Thunder Alley" from 1985. This movie has Leif Garrett playing the lead singer in the band and I believe his vocals are on the songs made for the film. Roger Wilson, who plays Richie the lead guitar player trying to "make it", could not come close to faking the guitar playing to match the music. It was laughably bad. Billy Crudup looked like a virtuoso on guitar in "Almost Famous" in comparison with his fake guitar playing and even his fake guitar playing was pretty bad. The actual music in "Thunder Alley", while dated, wasn't so bad and kind of catchy but was littered with guitar solos the actor couldn't come close to faking during their live performances.

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

https://www.gamesradar.com/stranger-things-duffer-brothers-millie-bobby-brown-game-of-thrones/

Millie Bobby Brown isn’t happy about how big the Stranger Things cast has gotten. In an interview ahead of Stranger Things season 4, Volume 2’s release, the actor quipped that the Duffer Brothers are afraid of killing off characters.

"Last night [at the season 4 premiere], we couldn’t even take one group picture because there were like 50 of us," Brown said to TheWrap(opens in new tab). "I was like, 'You need to start killing people off.' The Duffer brothers are two sensitive Sallies that don’t want to kill anyone off. We need to be Game of Thrones."

6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Watching episode 8 and holy **** that helicopter scene was fantastic!

RunninRaven likes this.
  7. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I’m guessing Barb and Eddie are now a couple in the afterlife.

8. Beezy

Beezy Member

studogg likes this.
  9. rimrocker

OK, here's what I don't get. There's oxygen in the Upside-Down. There's vegetation in the Upside-Down. There's apparently no water in the Upside-Down (see Barb in the swimming pool and the lake portal). There is lightning in the Upside-Down. So, why isn't there fire in the Upside-Down? When oxygen, dry fuel, and heat combine, you have fire. Yet there is no fire and all the denizens of the Upside-Down hate fire like it's almost something they've never seen before. It's a mystery.

Xerobull likes this.
  10. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

great freaking book. I need to re-read.

Will hope for the best on the series. Not a story that can be told in one season. It’s gonna have to be great for them to be able to complete the story arc because that will take several seasons.

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Don't forget the electricity in the Upside-Down.

Edit:

There's fire in the season 4 finale in the Upside-Down

12. boomboom

Supporting Member

The Upside Down has heavy metal!

mikol13 likes this.
  13. rimrocker

Is it though? Or is it just parts of our world burning because of the rift?
    [​IMG]

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

They set Vecna on fire with Molotov cocktails.

15. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Ep 8 kind of got lost in the discussion since it was released along with the finale, but you are 100% dead on right. After that huge explosion I paused it, turned and looked at my wife and just said, "That was so bad ass." and then un-paused it. I just couldn't let that moment go by without some immediate appreciation. It was really, really well done.

16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Just finished the finale. So well done on so many levels. The acting and cinematography are just amazing.

Season 5 is in 2024? Ugh….

17. boomboom

Supporting Member

18. Surfguy

How was his guitar amp powered? Do they have power in the upside-down? Or, we’re they running it on a car battery? I wasn’t really paying attention. I was head banging.

19. Surfguy

Does anyone think they jumped the shark when they made it to where Eleven had the ability to save Max? She couldn't save Eddie, too? Did she know Eddie was dying, too? And, does that mean the opening between real Earth and the upside down is implied to be only partially open because Eleven resurrected Max? The deal was Max had to die to open it up and she technically did for a minute or so right? I mean...I didn't see any creatures coming out into real Earth. I just saw lava quake cracks. I assume the gateway isn't fully open. But, maybe it is? Maybe nothing is coming through because Vecna isn't able to direct the herd due to being injured? I don't f-ing know. ;)

Invisible Fan likes this.
  20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Pretty sure I remember seeing Dusty plug in an extension chord (assume they ran it from the trailer)