1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blacks Commit The Most Murders, Police Shoot More Whites

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Jul 5, 2022.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No bro. It's a news story. **** injustice, do you ever see a white being shot by a cop in the news?

This is why yall can't accept that they are shot more because the media is trying to go back to the fifties to justify the 24 hour news cycle and playing up the questionable shootings against Blacks which are rare

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm concerned about Black improvement and it can't start until we're honest about ourselves

Edit: more accurate, improvement among poor blacks in breaking the cycle of poverty.

Educated Blacks try to help by only talking about racism. The government has fixed all the racism it can through law. We have to address other problems or poor Blacks will remain stuck

3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Your name must be Stephen..... It has to be......

T_Man

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Forgot you're the dude from North Forest claiming I lied about being from Homestead as if that's something to brag about on this site

T_Man likes this.
  5. T_Man

Yep...

That's me Stephen...

T_Man

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I do brag about Homestead but not here

7. Major

Major Member

Why is that relevant? The black people being shot by police aren't murderers. There's no particular reason for correlation between these two statistics.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. T_Man

Damn good for you.... Stephen.....

Good to see they are building up the Manor and adding new communities....

So why is it that you always post some BS when ever something bad happens that's not Black related? You seem to like and enjoy the Black and Black crime, but then you come back and say you trying to help the community...

T_Man

JayGoogle, Reeko and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. Major

Major Member

A 10-second google search would have told you this isn't true. Odd that someone interested in facts and statistics wouldn't do any research at all.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Who do police shoot? If I don't have an answer neither so the logical assumption is violent criminals

11. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Mexicans don't care what happens to Mexicans acting bad. They're just pendejos and life goes on.

MexAmercnMoose likes this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What are the overall Violent crime by race statistics?

Did find

According to the FBI Uniform Crime Reports, in 2008, black youths, who make up 16% of the youth population, accounted for 52% of juvenile violent crime arrests, including 58.5% of youth arrests for homicide and 67% for robbery. Black youths were overrepresented in all offense categories except DUI, liquor laws, and drunkenness. Racial disparities in arrest have consistently been far less among older population groups.[59]
    Edit; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_States

So I did Google and I'm still correct. Thanks though

Don't talk **** about me not Googling and you haven't provided ****

You're not a liberal, you're an independent so why did you think my assumption was incorrect . Any reasonable thinking person can reason that Blacks commit more violent crime especially after knowing murder stats.

#52 pgabriel, Jul 5, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
  13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I totally agree. I believe implicit racial bias does play a role in how likely it is that officers will use deadly force with a suspect, but (as I said earlier in the thread) that's not based on firm empirical data.

14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

That's true and a know a lot of people who just can't afford to update the registration or wouldn't pass inspection so they end up getting pulled over more often.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

17. SuraGotMadHops

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Would you care to address the simple statistics I've presented? I am making an assumption that violent criminals are more likely to be shot. Do you have something better because there are no "who should get shot " statistics.

Better yet, can you name a national news story about a white police shooting victim? If you can't but they are shot twice as much why can't you?

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Simple? I just finished a quantitative marketing stats grad at UT last week. Your stats are waaaay beyond my scope and likely most if not all other people here. Try dumbing it down a bit more please. Thanks

FranchiseBlade and Andre0087 like this.
  20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

whats the stats on this ??

1.)
    Studies have shown that black people are more likely to be pulled over in traffic stops by police.

One of the most recent, a 2020 study by Stanford University, analysed 100 million traffic stops by police departments across the US, and found black drivers were about 20% more likely to be stopped than white drivers.

The study also found that once stopped, black drivers were searched up to two times as often as white drivers, although they were statistically less likely to be carrying illegal items.

2.)
    Black male offenders continued to receive longer sentences than similarly situated White male offenders. Black male offenders received sentences on average 19.1 percent longer than similarly situated White male offenders during the Post-Report period (fiscal years 2012-2016), as they had for the prior four periods studied. The differences in sentence length remained relatively unchanged compared to the Post-Gall period.

3.)

Discrimination, given how it often manifests subtly, is notoriously difficult to measure in any context. And until recently we have not had much information that we could use to reliably assess changes in discrimination over time. However, in our recent study, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, we were able to analyze trends in discrimination by performing a meta-analysis from all available field experiments pertaining to one area: racial discrimination in hiring. We focused on experiments performed since 1990, when field studies became more numerous and their methodologically improved. We analyzed data from 24 field experiments, which included data from more than 54,000 applications across more than 25,000 positions.

We chose field experiments as a sample because they are widely regarded as the most valid method to assess discrimination. They generally come in two major types: Résumé audits, done through the mail or online, submit fictitious résumés with equivalent qualifications and ethnically identifiable names. And in-person audits — done with trained pairs of testers, white and nonwhite — have participants apply for jobs. By examining the rates of callbacks, or invitations to job interviews, for white and nonwhite applicants with equivalent qualifications, these studies provide high-quality measures of rates of discrimination in hiring.

Broadly, our meta-analysis of callback rates from all existing field experiments showed evidence of discrimination against both black and Latino applicants. Since 1990 white applicants received, on average, 36% more callbacks than black applicants and 24% more callbacks than Latino applicants with identical résumés.

So.................... if your right and the only reason that blacks are killed by police more often is right because they are just "inherently more violent" perhaps some of the above things have SOMETHING to do with it? Perhaps people that are pushed down for generations are more desperate and start off at really crappy spot in life when born.

So.... I bet you are right to an extent. I bet though that it somewhere in the middle though. Blacks are more targeted but are also putting themselves in situations more often to be killed. Not only one of those has to be correct.

I would also bet per interaction blacks are killed at a higher rate with a white police officer than another ethnicity.

JayGoogle, T_Man, FrontRunner and 2 others like this.