1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets have possibly the WORST practice facility in the league.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

Wow Phoenix facilities looks amazing. No excuse for the Rockets not to build or renovate their own building just for practice/workout/relaxation. I suppose the good thing is when we eventually do, it'll be all new tech and tech is ever evolving every year it seems....well if Tilman can afford the latest tech.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

That's the same gym that was in the basement of our one 1920's era high school campus building. The freshmen team had to practice there. Even the JVers got to play in gym constructed in the 1960s while the varsity had the new gym.

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Agreed although if we had a true big baller owner theyd by a surface lot near TC for the practice facility. They can even put some storefront retail/restaurants for the vibe that are essentially separate from the practice facility but the same plot. Then have the players come through a secure entrance. Sounds easier than it is I guess but these millionaires deserve better, so the billionaire gotta pay up

kdchilds likes this.
  5. Caesar

Caesar Member

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

The colleges the kids came from have nicer facilities than that

Kentucky and LSU have beautiful facilities.

i3artow i3aller, red5rocket and Easy like this.
  7. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

It’s crazy how 6’5” Chuck Hayes trying to guard Yao. Chuck is a foot shorter than Yao.

i3artow i3aller, Rudyc281 and Caesar like this.
  9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

My trash little 8k citizen town in Germany has a better one honestly, no idea how a NBA franchise can have this sorry-azz excuse of a facility.

i3artow i3aller and Jontro like this.
  10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I have no problem dumping on Tillman but honestly it’s just a court with some goals, what are they missing that they should have access to?

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think some people are just looking for any excuse to complain. When things are going so well they have to resort to whining about the practice facility, you know things are going pretty well.

BigM likes this.
  12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You know this thread is four years old, right?

It is a tiny facility for 20+ players and with individual, separate coaching lessons and drills.

DatRocketFan likes this.
  13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Gotdamn......

We need that.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

hot girls and a buffet on the sidelines (but first need to expand the building to actually have some sideline space)

BigM and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, but it just seems like a pretty weak thing to complain about. Would the practices necessarily be of a higher quality in a larger facility? I'm not sure that's true. I'm all for them getting some giant monstrosity of a practice facility....I just don't think it's something to really get upset about.

I would imagine the equipment in the weight room and the other parts of the facility are more important than having several full sized courts at least at that level of basketball.

BigM likes this.
  16. TimDuncanDonaut

There's the court. But I think them other fancy facilities also have state of art gym equipment, lounge area, dining snack area, massage / ice bath area / locker shower. A decent office(s) and meeting rooms for film sessions.

No doubt Rockets has those, but having a good facilities makes it easy for the players to stay at practice longer.

Similar to how Google campus makes it tempting (and comfortable for their employees).

As the young guys rise into prominence, and they think about where to play, the gym (their workplace) matters. We don't want to be the org that lag behind.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Some Rockets fans hate Tilman Fertitta so much that they'll post a picture of Kentucky's court and claim it's so much better than our practice facility even though it has zero rims, zero baskets, zero nets... it's just a shiny court, but it's better somehow...

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

...it has 6 rims. Possibly 8 and multiple full court runs.

Rockets players just have to wait their turn if they wanna work on something individually.

Yung-T, red5rocket, YOLO and 2 others like this.
  19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Please circle them in "the image" posted. You don't have to win every argument. Sometimes a simple glance at what a poster actually posted is all that mattered.

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Seriously?

between the 49 and 51 banner, the 58 and 78 banner, and the 96 and 98 banner. And you can see one of the 3 foreground rims on the left. They may also have drop rims at the ends of the full court, not positive through. Can't imagine they have a full court without rims, they might pull them in.

Yung-T, Scarface281 and red5rocket like this.