1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WNBA player Britney Griner arrested in Russia: updated: wokes expected sellout crowd, nope lol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Mar 7, 2022.

?

her arrest was

1. political

23 vote(s)
    59.0%
  2. legit, they don't smoke in russia

16 vote(s)
    41.0%
  1. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Lol you nailed it. Griner was stupid for going to Russia but damn...the fact these guys are ROOTING for Russia to keep her (as half of them worship Russia for being anti-Biden)

Rocket River and MrBear1 like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

tinman likes this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Griner used to get insulted here because she seems to have a lot of testosterone for a female when she was in college I wonder if crowds ever insulted her, probably not as female basketball has a certain type of fan.

6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Yeah, sorry she **** on the country. Her problem now

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Last time I watched a wnba game
    We got Cynthia Cooper

pgabriel likes this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

I bet all the prisoners in Russia wish they could freely vape in America like WNBA players
    @Reeko
    @pgabriel

King1 likes this.
  9. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I don't wish anyone being stuck in prison in Russia and its not as easy to get them released as some family members might think, I took offense to the interview her wife did on ESPN where she said she doesn't believe the WH is doing everything it can to get her out, I am sure this is done by back channels and they cant exactly tell her what's happening. Don't lay this at the feet of the WH, it was dumb for her to go to Russia of all places and then break there law............wheres all the heartbreak for the poor folks who have been locked up a heck of a lot longer then her, what about the guy from Texas who got locked up trying to go get his kids. I am trying not to come across as I dont care because I do but these things take time and no one forced you to go, its like the 2 guys who went to fight for Ukraine but are now a POW, I feel bad as hell for them but they chose to go

Slyonebluejay, ArtV, Blatz and 2 others like this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

There’s that crazy documentary on Netflix about this dude who just wanted to go to Libya and fight against Khadafi. Pretty good watch.

People need to live with their choices
    The mistake of Americans in foreign countries is that they think they are still in America

they’ve made many movies about this

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  11. Salvy

Salvy Member

She voted for Biden, its confirmed now she is indeed black....

12. tinman

Supporting Member

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Yikes , I bet she rather be in Indiana for sure

14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Salvy and tinman like this.
  15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I heard something today (which I only heard a little of this) about it wouldn't work in her favor to plead innocent instead of guilty even if she is really innocent as it's even more of an obstacle to getting her released. When she is eventually freed, it wouldn't shock me if she came back and then claimed the oil cart (or whatever it actually is) was planted by Russia authorities looking to take an American hostage due to the political atmosphere and as a bargaining chip. I dunno. But, ten years for a vape cart. Umm. Ridiculous.

16. King1

That's why you don't do drugs (anywhere), but especially a foreign country. She's an idiot. Don't feel bad for her at all

JumpMan likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I like this. The right to speech to criticize our own nation means we must sacrifice the US government protecting its citizens if they exercise that right.

I love your takes on free speech. Ultra consistent. The only type of consistency I would expect from a scholar professor.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I would say any mentally healthy human has some level of empathy. I know you suggested this for me but have you considered mental health resources?

19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

all I did was post an article. From that you infer my "take on free speech." Good one!!

p.s. way to make it about me!!

tinman likes this.
  20. King1

I don't care about idiots or criminals. I have absolutely no empathy for either. Sorry. Why would I need mental health resources? If I got drunk tonight and decided to get behind the wheel I would deserve exactly whatever happened to me. Don't break the law (especially in a foreign country) and then beg the country you **** on for help. Accountability. Look it up

tinman, Bandwagoner and Roc Paint like this.