1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon Trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Jun 16, 2022.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

rebounding is a skill, it is not about height. Averaging 17.9ppg on 64 percent in the Playoffs is nothing apparently. He averaged 20ppg in the Pelicans series and in the Dallas series, he gets judged on the last game when he scored 4 points in a blowout. in 5 of the first 6 games of that series, he score 14 or more points. Chris Paul was the problem in that series, not him. Paul only had 8 assists or more twice in the series and only showed up in the first 2 games and that was it.

Little tip on Draymond......he is overrated and useless without Steph and Klay next to him. We saw what happens when they are both injured, Draymond piles up the losses. He can't be the best or second best player on a championship team.

So yes i would love Ayton on the Rockets

2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

You never really want to compare warriors players. Cuz they are all useless without each other. We've seen Steph and Klay without Draymond. It's not good either. Steph without either one is a lottery team.

You don't just look at players, you have to value what they bring. I would love Deandre Ayton at the MLE or anything under 20 million. There is no way we can build a team with our cheap owner if you paying Ayton more than what he's worth. He would end up costing us Jalen or Jabari on their extensions cuz you know Tillman won't pay tax.

D-rock and myronm like this.
  3. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

I would love Bassey, he is an athletic big and would make a great backup, he has good rebounding and paint presence - a lob finisher. I also like Thybulle, I know we cant keep so many players though. Thybulle has that defensive instinct that is not teachable, if his shot develops he would be pure gold. I would also consider taking 2 second rounders which would actually cost less.

#423 Poonwalker, Jul 5, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    D-rock likes this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Knicks are a interesting case .

they picked up some future firsts . But they are all for next year . Still, they have decent treasure chest .

how does taking on Fournier for a first sound? I feel like that price might be 2 firsts .

gordon for Fournier and 2 firsts ?

we have a bad contract for a while . But maybe we can do that at the deadline and Fournier can sit the rest of the year or maybe play and boost his value if there is time for him .

I’m of the mindset we don’t need quite as much cap space as we are going to have .

pushing it forward a year could be ok or even advantageous to trade for a piece .

Gordon has good defensive , veteran reputation still . And contract is not guaranteed past this year from what I understand .

Hell if jazz got 5 for gobert can we get 2 and a swap for Gordon ?

5. Landry's Tooth

How is our owner cheap?

He's been top 10 payroll almost the entire time.

6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

...... He acquired a team that was top 10 in payroll and has cut cost every year he's gotten them. Next year is his dream year as we will
    Be soo far under the cap he can afford to eat again. We've hashed this out with you over and over and over again. Just stop trolling.

BHannes2BHonest, D-rock and clos4life like this.
  7. Landry's Tooth

It's possible you're right and hoopshype is wrong.

They have the 2016-17 Rockets 23rd in payroll at 102.5 million.

The Rockets were purchased in 2017 by TF.

In 2017-18 they ranked 8th in the nba at 132.9 million.

They were 8th the year after that and 9th the year after that.

2020-21 was the first season under TF where they weren't top 10 payroll and they came in at #13 with 138.8 million.

It's funny you claim I'm trolling. I gave you a source and you can't...

I feel bad for you. No problem criticizing TF, just be honest and stop making things up. You look weak when you have to make up things to criticize someone...

8. Landry's Tooth

Fyi, was using the inflation adjusted payroll... will post actual numbers to hammer you further...

9. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Could you please not? No need to derail this thread.

10. Landry's Tooth

"Cut costs every year"

Rockets payroll as per hoopshype:

2015-2021 (in millions)
    TF BUYS TEAM

TF has roughly the same net worth as Mark Cuban. He's not strap for cash...

11. Vivid

Vivid Member

Agreed, literally nobody wants this.

Phillyrocket, Houston77, xaos and 2 others like this.
  12. Landry's Tooth

Here's another source... spotrac...

Total cap per season in millions (rank)

2013-2021
    63.8 (20)
    74.0 (14)
    88.3 (7)
    90.9 (25)
    TF Buys Team
    118.2 (11)
    128.8 (5)
    151.5 (1)
    129.5 (19) - Harden/Westbrook traded
    129.5 (22)

Calculation for total cap includes dead money so it will differ some from hoopshype...

TF has outspent Alexander the entire time.

It's comical to see you invent something out of thin air to complain about.

If he was cheap, you would have cited an example.

13. Landry's Tooth

Yeah, I'm kind of stubborn about believing lies...

But do go on about how Spotrac and HoopsHype are wrong and how your facebook page has the real numbers...

14. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

A4262984-D635-4C9A-801B-4988BAA1BBE2.gif

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Could you give us a percentage versus the cap and the luxury line. The numbers do not have much context without that info, after all, each team have a floor they have to spent no matter what (I know Tilman has spent more than this floor).

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It's like arguing with a flat earther guys, stop wasting your time.

17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Context matters. He had to sign CP3 to an extension that summer. That gave him a. Big boost. It's the only reason payroll is up. Everything has been a penny pinching.

You do know he bought the team after the CP3 trade right. So yes we were top 8

find me one example of a single trade he's made where the rockets have taken back more salary? Or a single trade exemption he has even used.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  18. Landry's Tooth

The cap rankings are consistently top 10 for TF until about a year ago.

If most of the league is spending less I don't know how you can be cheap and "cutting costs every year".

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Its been four years since someone made a valid concern about how sht our training facilities are.

The great tilman says his usual bs about addressing it, but surprise surprise his cheap ass has made no attempt to create a rockets training facilities. but nah he's aint cheap.

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  20. Landry's Tooth

Yet he didn't shed payroll until the tanking started.

Do you know what cutting means?

When you make comments like "everything else has been penny pinching" and can't cite an example it makes you look like you're making things up.

Not resigning Ariza was a smart basketball decision. He was done as a player. Wasting money doesn't make you a good owner.

Despite letting guys go who were done, he still didn't shed payroll....

The numbers are what they are. Context is irrelevant. There's no cutting in payroll and the spending was consistent top 10 until a year ago.

Les was cheaper as an owner in terms of payroll rankings.