1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilman Fertitta

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmacfor35, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

Hating Tilman is your thang, we get that... But don't be delusional, in year two of the rebuild he has put together a very exciting and promising squad. Its okay to be a hater, but when the hate consumes your brain cells its time to take a step back and think a little bit. At some point The Rockets will begin to win, Tilman's vision will come to fruition and then it will be just you all alone with your absurd hate that does not even make any sense anymore because The Rockets will be 3-4 departed from your main reasoning for hating Tilman in the 1st place. Its not too late to turn back...

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Tilman hasn't done ****.

Stone made all these moves.

Fertitta was a laughingstock and ran away after being embarrassed by smarter people.

Any success we have is in spite of him, not because of him.

3. Salvy

Salvy Member

Not without Tilman's promotion and approval.....

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Our future looks bright but what's the point sucking or praising tilman when we literally went from a 65 win team to the worst potentially 3 years in a roll.

These tilman Stan when things turn to sht its Harden, Morey fault. When things r on the uprise it's all tilman not the gm who actually guided us.

All this praise to do the bare minimum of not interfering with the rebuild process is funny.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

What he destroyed lmao. As if Harden Rox sctually won anything vs GSW.

Only in CF will you find a championship team with 0 rings. You guys are delulu as usual.

6. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

That is why i think the team will not win this season, people are talking about play in, i think that is a mistake. I think one more year of developing these guys , trade the vets and get a shot at Victor. We've had the worst record two years in a row, but have not gotten the top pick. Maybe Silver or bball gods rewards us finally.

KingSamJack likes this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

The fact that he is willing to tank already puts him above Les Alexander. All you gotta do is look st the draft thread to see people giving Stone credit so nah I dont see what your issue is.

If letting the team tank is bare minimum for you then Les Alexsnder didnt even do the bare minimum. He loved $$$ so much the team was making the playoffs every year with old ass Shane Battier and Luis Scola after the Yao Mac era.

Also who you think appointed Stone to be the GM? We could have been stuck with Morey's assistant, the dude who got csught getting a bj from his secretary. Is that bare minimum too? SMH.

I love Fertita as the owner. He aint the best but he is much better thsn a lot of owners in the NBA.

tinman likes this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Per the coaching staff.

topfive likes this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Like I said tilman stans r weird. Ain't the best but all it takes for all this praising and dck sucking is he's better than a few of the owners in the NBA.

I acknowledge he's better than the likes of Dolan and a few others. But that's really a low bar to overcome. We have yet even reach play in much less compete and we singing praising to an owner who finally decides to b less hands off.

That like throwing a celebration party for a kid who finally learn how to take a sht by himself, bare minimum sht.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Considering you aint even an owner that means you are below minimum right? In your comparison you are like the worm in the child's pet dog's turd since you are so far from a billionaire.

You keep saying everything he does is bare minimum so what at least the Rox are in a good place right now and have a bright future ahead. Thats really what matters to me snd bottom line is as the owner he deserves credit for that. If you wanna say thats bare minimum so what, he still enabled the Rox to be in a good place right now minimum or not.

11. Glendelicious

Glendelicious Member

This is the most disappointing thread I've clicked on in a while. Maybe it's because I'm watching Ozark at the minute, but I saw the subject and thought, "OH, maybe Fertitta's been indicted for tax fraud and is going to have to sell the Rockets!" Nope, nope. Broke James Dolan is still the Rockets' jackass owner.

12. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

could it be possible that first time nba owners need a learning curve just like first time GM's , or Coaches or rookie players? yes i think Tilman made some mistakes but i want to be optimistic and believe that he learned some harsh lessons and that he is improving as an owner

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

As usual whatever Tilman bootlickers are left are just as big of an idiot as he is. Birds of a feather flock together as always. Reading some of the dumbest nonsense in this thread praising him is an absolute joke.

DatRocketFan and Nook like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah... nothing says class like a couple of basketball players hang out behind a skanky strip club by a garbage truck.... with one of the guys not wearing a shirt, and holding his shirt covered in blood. Total class and just the type of thing that a multi billionaire wants representing his business.

I will say the Tupac hoodie from Wal Mart does frame it all nicely though.

It is like a plot for an episode of Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

slothy420 and KingCheetah like this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

In your comparison you are like the worm in the child's pet dog's turd since you are so far from a billionaire.

What r u even rambling about?

Tilman has literally done nothing at the moment, he is deferring to stone for the rebuild and we got lucky with the loterry ball bounces.

Praising the owner for doing basically nothing and being a little better than the rest of the sht owners is dumb as fk.

We have yet won anything, we have yet done anything. Future is bright but anything can literally happen.

Tilman doesn't deserve this much fawning and dck sucking since nothing happen yet. This is like throwing a victory parade prematurely.

Folks complain about losing culture and what not here we have a bunch of bootleggers praising an owner of a team that is probably aiming for the third season of being sht (for good reasons).

I just find it strange to dedicate an entire thread thanking our owner for not doing anything to ruin the tank yet.

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Let me ask you a very simple question; who made the decision to hire Stone? The follow-up question would be; who empowered Stone to make the decisions that he has thus far? Go on... you can say it...

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Could be an Illuminati booby trap.

[​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Tilman's burning desire to show everyone he's the best wouldn't have allowed him to have a mediocre team for long. At least he was smart enough to realize tanking was the faster way to get back to competing for a title, so I'll give him credit for that much.

The real test will come once we're among the best teams in the league and things like the cap and luxury taxes are once again a reality. I have a sneaky suspicion Tilman won't be able to keep from meddling, whether for financial reasons or out of pure ego.

19. TheBeastSystem

he drinks too much but he's a good guy and a winner. eff'n morons don't make billions and own nba teams. but they do post on here and project their moronity onto others.

20. Landry's Tooth

He inherited one of the oldest teams in the nba. He green lit a gamble to appease his star and it backfired. Some owners would try to save face and sell tickets but he recognized the opportunity that sacrificing 1-3 years of hoping for a ring could setup a decade or more of success.

He's referenced the Astros rebuild as to his line of thinking. The difference is its an easier job in the nba where one player can make you competitive. He also got assets for Harden, Tucker, etc. Whereas Ed Wade gave up talent for magic beans....

I think they are ahead of schedule on the rebuild and TF deserves credit for letting Stone make decisions and having patience.

We'll see where it leads...

#120 Landry's Tooth, Jul 5, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2022