1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Desantis seeks to punish Disney for disagreeing with him

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 31, 2022.

1. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

What a cool joke, grandpa. :confused:

tinman likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you didn’t see it?
    I recommend this movie breh
    When them lesbians aren’t cgi

ROXRAN likes this.
  3. tinman

Supporting Member

Parents rather send their kids to minions
    And not explain to them what lesbians when they are like 5

@MojoMan

4. tinman

Supporting Member

Not all 99ers are good comedians like me
    Especially the woke 99ers

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If you don't like it don't go see the movie....people are so ****ing thin skinned, especially on the Religious side.

Religion sucks.....it is a cult, no one follows the founding principals all anyone does is follow bastardization and hypocrisy.

**** DeSantis, I hope he get destroyed this fall election.

DD

JayGoogle likes this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

Blatz likes this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Questions for the insecure losers upset about a .5 second peck in a cartoon… If you believe Hollywood is trying to indoctrinate children, how do you feel about religious people that come to your door to talk about their religion?

Blatz likes this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Damn
    Lightyear got whipped by minions

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why would I go see it now when I can watch it with my grandkids? It's fun to do activities with them. Perhaps one day you'll have grandkids and you'll understand.

Blatz and Xerobull like this.
  11. bobrek

If woke means understanding that minorities and LGBTQ+ have been oppressed and their voices haven't been heard and we need to acknowledge their lives and achievements and the fact they deserve to be treated just as human as you and me, then call me woke.

If a heterosexual kiss is acceptable on the screen, why not a same sex kiss? If it's acceptable for little kids to watch GI Joe kill a bunch of soldiers, why not a split second kiss?

We have people committing random acts of mass murder and idiots are seriously whining about a split second kiss.

JayGoogle, LondonCalling and Blatz like this.
  12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Alright, so it’s as dumb as I thought.

Blatz and LondonCalling like this.
  13. durvasa

It says that they don’t think there’s anything wrong with a “lesbian kiss”. I can only infer that all the people who have a problem with this think there is something wrong with such a kiss.

Giving your main character a culture-specific religion is not the same thing. A better comparison would be a split second shot of some side character with a Bible or crucifix, which is not a big deal at all. Nor would it be a big deal if a side character was Jewish, or Muslim, or Hindu, or (gasp) an atheist.

14. JumpMan

Duh. I said that. But that move says a lot more. The fact that many people reject it has to tell you that it says a lot more to them than it does to you. And that is fine, but don't think it isn't a big deal because it isn't a big deal to you. To some people, it is an affront. To some people, it is acceptance. It's important to both of those groups.

I don't know the characters in the movie, but that character seems more like a costar. Either way, if that same lesbian character was shown to read the Bible or wear a crucifix instead of being a lesbian, it would be important to a lot of people in both directions. You know it and I know it.

In threads all over posters react to Christianity way worse than people react to the lesbian kiss in that movie. That is despite the fact that nobody in this thread has claimed to be Christian. It's lunacy. They would probably hiss like vampires at the site of a Bible in that movie.

15. bobrek

I don't recall any outcry from non-Christians over any Christian 'activity' (reading a Bible, wearing a crucifix, attending Mass, etc.) in any movie ever. Do you know of any examples?

I do know there are posters on this site that rag on Christianity and religion in general, but I don't recall anyone mention a character doing Christian things in movies.

16. JumpMan

Well, we are talking about a kids' movie here. I don't remember any obvious Christian characters in any kids' movie. Especially not a modern kids' movie.

17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

[​IMG]

18. durvasa

Is it an affront to you? Or is your problem that the people who created this movie chose not to self-censor to appease those for whom that kiss would be an affront?

I’m quite sure it would not be the controversy people are making this out to be.

I’m pretty sure movies come out all the time with explicitly Christian characters, and there is no controversy.

The sight of a couple sharing a simple kiss should not be a big deal, regardless of the genders involved. Just my opinion of course. I understand it’s taboo in some cultures, and the Right is desperate to keep it so. I oppose that impulse.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

John Smith in Pocahontas

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Being gay isn't a religion. Showing a split second gay relationship isn't indoctrination besides the fact that "gay people exist".

Your comparison falls apart at the moment of conception.