1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon Trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Jun 16, 2022.

1. dmoneybangbang

Agree to disagree then. I just don’t inherently believe you have to maximum every asset because it’s just not possible. Best to clear books over trying to get something.

Aruba77 likes this.
  2. TimDuncanDonaut

Yea; I don't mind Thybull (or in that other scenario guys like Kuz). If in a vacuum, they're fine role players. But if they come here; the minutes are going to be iffy. I rather minutes go to a Tari (or Tate, if Tari needs ramp up time).

Have to get a pick (preferably; 2023).

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

agreed on all accounts.

prioritize minutes for our rookies and sophomores.

I don't mind thybulle, but can we package him and KJ maybe for a first? '23 would be ok but '24 or later would be best. I would've suggested adding tate but with his extension I don't think he can be traded this year. is that correct?

I also don't think a first will be easy to come by until the KD trade happens. no one will give up a first if they think they might need it to land KD, or if they think they can get a better player from a team who's looking to collect picks to land KD.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

@BimaThug

How would it be possible for the 76ers to add Gordon without surpassing the LT threshold of 150 mill (that they are hard-capped at from PJ's NTP MLE)

I did the math, and after adding in roster minimums, Harden would have to take something in the neighborhood of 25 million...

Corrosion, luckyman76 and D-rock like this.
  5. anchel

anchel Member

I doubt with Thybulle. In the end, he's the ideal defensive partner for Porter & Green. Tate is a good defender, but is not as quick and long as Thybulle, can't defend guards at that level. But that's the kind of role you need to fill if you really trust in Porter and Green as a couple.

I understand he's a bad offensive player, but he shot 35.7% in his rookie year...that makes me not be so pessimistic.

Anyway, what Stone does not want is to pay him the next summer, evidently. I ask myself how much money will he demand? Another factor is if we're thinking in Eason as a main SF or as a PF...

We could land Charles Bassey too, he can fill the athletic center role you're looking for.

D-rock and fckbandwagons like this.
  6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

EGo’s potential destinations start to clear up after dust settles from brace of Nets trades of KD and Kyrie.

Realistically 3-5 additional possibilities could emerge.

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This trade would have to wait until August to be completed ( Danny Green just traded) but I think it’s fair for all teams.

76ers get: Eric Gordon- Wing

Grizzlies get:

Matisse Thybulle- Wing
    Jaden Springer. G
    Furkan Korkmaz- Wing

Rockets get:

Danny Green -Wing(Buyout/Release)
    Isaiah Joe- G ( Release)
    Charles Bassey - Center
    2024 - 1st Rnd Pick- (Warriors)

Who says no?

- 76ers get Gordon

- Grizzlies get another Wing defender and a young combo guard prospect. Plus they dump Green’s dead contract ( he’s injured).

- Rockets get their desired 1st and a young big to evaluate how they see fit. Plus they don’t take on any long term salary.

#407 TEXNIFICENT, Jul 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  8. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Miami desperately needed a veteran scorer like Gordon in the playoffs. If he doesn't go to the 76ers I think he could end up there.

raining threes likes this.
  9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

we should all know by now; it’s foolish to trade with Miami. We don’t come out on top in any deal with Miami. I don’t even want Stone talking to Riley. Confiscate his phone. Only bad things can happen.

saleem, Dacamel, luckyman76 and 2 others like this.
  10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

We need future picks.

saleem and Aruba77 like this.
  11. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

We need to accumulate as many future picks as we can. At some point we are going to want to add a key piece to make a championship run and those picks will be needed to get that piece.

saleem and Aruba77 like this.
  12. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

You're talking about the Oladipo trade for Bradely, Olynyk and the pick swap? I thought that was a decent trade since Victor was coming off an injury and didn't want to be a Rocket anyway. Could have been a "favor" for Miami. In return maybe they can get another team involved so the Rockets can get a 1st round pick in the deal.

saleem, don grahamleone and Aruba77 like this.
  13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol.......not a great rebounder hey, he averaged 10rpg in under 30mpg this season...............that is great. He shoots at 63 percent, 36 percent from three but doesn't take many. 10-16 feet, he shot 55 percent. Oh and he averaged 19ppg 12rpg without Chris Paul in his first season and 20ppg 12rpg in his second. So don't give us this "Chris Paul made him" rubbish. His defensive rating was right near Draymond Green's...............i would welcome him at Houston with open arms

Imanimal and don grahamleone like this.
  14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

From what I can find, the NBA apron is set at $156.983m for the coming season.

Philadelphia 76ers 2022-23 Salary Cap Table | Spotrac
    They are currently at $120,875,554 among 15 players including the non or partial guarantees to Isiah Joe, Paul Reed, Trev Queen & Charles Bassey.
    They'll have to dump one of those players to make a roster spot for Harden.

As things stand right now they can pay Harden $36,107,445 plus the value of the nonguaranteed deal they cut to make him a roster spot.

saleem and don grahamleone like this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like Bassey, but I would rather get Philly's unprotected 2023 or 2024 1st round pick, depending on the strength of the draft. GS will likely end up with a lower 1st round pick than Philly.

16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Good trade

17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I don’t think Philly has their 2023 pick and can’t trade their 2024 pick. In fact, I think the first frp they have to trade is 2028.

D-rock, Houston77 and saleem like this.
  18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

.. I like how you throw out 63 percent and don't give Chris Paul any credit. He barely shot over 50% without Chris Paul. Anyone can put up good numbers on really bad teams. See Cristian Wood. He basically did nothing in the playoffs this year cuz he was in foul trouble. He's never been able to guard the perimeter even dating back to his college days.

I don't know what stats your looking at but for his career Ayton has a negative DBPM. Not even close to Draymond... and we all know Draymond been mailing in the regular season for years. Ratings aren't even close when you go back to his DPOY awards.

10 rebounds a game doesn't mean you are a great rebounder. His the only big in the lineup. He should be dominating the boards and he does not. Any center with that much playing time should just luck into 10 rebounds.

19. fattz

fattz Member

Well here is my trade that will never happen…

lots of movement

Rockets
    In: Bledsoe (cut), Hart & FRP
    Out: Gordon, Tate, Martin, Nix, Nwaba
    Opens playing time, Hart is an experienced wing & a FRP

76’ers
    In: Gordon, Winslow, Tate, Nix
    Out: Harris & 2 FRP (part is to move on from Harris max contract & the other is for Gordon => Morey don’t care about picks)
    Gets Gordon, Winslow & Tate take Harris’ responsibilities, Nix is setting up following trade.

Trailblazers
    In: Harris & Martin & 1 FRP
    Out: Bledsoe & Hart
    Harris gives Lillard & Sharpe a big that can make them shine & a FRP

THEN

Melton
    …for…
    Porter
    We get our point guard moving forward on a fresh contract. New coaching staff is not a fit for Porter anymore but Melton is a prefect fit in every way.

They get an “X” factor & potential difference maker that is worth the risk because they are all in => WIN NOW

Start the season with
    Melton, Green, Hart, Smith, & Sengun then let things happen organically.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That's too bad. Thanks.