1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2022-23

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 27, 2022.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

EG plus the Bucks 2023 pick , KJ Martin and the two Minnesota second round picks isn't going to be enough for OGA and a filler, but I would give it a go.

Honestly, it doesn't matter much. We have our own future OGA in Tari Eason.

#161 saleem, Jul 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    ApacheWarrior likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not surprised.

ApacheWarrior and saleem like this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes,

I see Isaiah Roby was waived by Thunder today

Rockets should pick him up ( I know.....needs to be in random waived thread )

A better DJ Wilson

#163 ApacheWarrior, Jul 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    luckyman76, saleem and D-rock like this.
  4. saleem

If he can play as a small ball 5, I'm okay with him. Olivier Sarr can be a cheap 6'10 backup center who plays with good energy. Presti got mad at him for helping OKC win a game when they were really tanking.

ApacheWarrior, fattz and pippendagimp like this.
  5. xaos

xaos Member

Isn't Iko a Clutchfans member? Come on man... lol

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I’m all for creative trade ideas, but this is a hard pass for me (and most of us, I’d imagine)…

Not only that, but Bridges is the much better fit, anyway.

7. xaos

xaos Member

Haha yeah no doubt. There's about 10 things wrong with this trade.

I do think we are at a time where the Nets near term picks are at its peak though. If we can nab a young player from the Durant trade we should look into it. I doubt they part with Barnes but that doesn't mean we stop trying. We have their picks and some young players (let's not forget we need to consolidate at some point) at our disposal as well. The best outcome for us is either:

We don't participate in the deal and Nets fumble the Durant deal so bad that all of their picks moving forward are high picks. (Westbrook/Simmons/Siakim would be hilarious)

Or

We help ensure that we extract value out of these picks by getting a young stud AND keep their swap this year while they are motivated to tank for the next few years. This option is really appealing to me because we can still keep some of their picks in this process and we can offer the best picks available to them (the ones they can control!). Not only that but if we are a bottom 8 team amd so are they then we have higher odds at #1 or #2 than if we were worst in the league again and Nets make the playoffs.

Worst case: Nets get a package like: OG or Siakim, Barnes, picks or Ayton/Bridges/picks and they stay in the playoff hunt through 2027.

We actually have an opportunity to control their destiny a little bit.

baller4life315 and saleem like this.
  8. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. We all just got done roasting Minnesota… so we’re going to give up 4 firsts, Eric Gordon, and KMJ for a free agent Ayton that no one seems to really want and Cam Johnson? Johnson is basically a poor man’s version of what you want for Jabari Smith and is set to be a FA next summer.

I do think the facilitator role in a Nets trade is interesting… I’m just not that excited about Ayton on this team. He doesn’t fit the offensive identity and he’s not an elite rim protector despite his physical gifts.

9. saleem

10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

11. saleem

The Rockets have 18 players on their roster right now. Can any of the recently acquired Mavs players be combined along with KJM in a trade before the deadline to cut the squad to 15.
    Why haven't they been waived as yet?
    @Nook

12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I think we have to wait until 60 days since trade so like August 24 before they can be aggregated again. I am not as up to date on all of the official deadlines and dates anymore for the rosters. I know any player signed in offseason can only be traded on/after 12/15. It seems like everyone is taking their shot in a Durant/Kyrie deal first. I imagine at some point Morey gets back to us about EGo. I don't know how long we can keep previous agreed to trades open to connect to other teams so probably will have to be new trade. We definitely need to package and ship players for roster consolidation. I assume some will get waived.

D-rock, saleem and ApacheWarrior like this.
  13. saleem

Thanks, I appreciate that very much.

14. Landry's Tooth

This might be an overpay for Bridges, but the opportunity to pair him with Jabari as lock down defenders and shooters is too enticing to me...

To Rockets:
    Mikal Bridges

To 76ers:
    Eric Gordon
    Jae Crowder
    Dario Saric
    2023 Phoenix #1

To Suns:
    Kevin Durant
    Usman Garuba

To Nets:
    Tobias Harris
    Matisse Thybulle
    Tyrese Maxey
    Kenyon Martin Jr
    2023 Milwaukee #1
    2024 Brooklyn #1
    2025 Phoenix #1

Rockets give up 2 picks, Garuba, Martin, and Gordon for Bridges, the runner up defensive player of the year to lock down the 3 long term. Garuba and Martin will be pressed for minutes.

Suns get Durant for Bridges and 2 picks. Garuba gives them a defensive compliment to help replace Bridges/ Saric.

Nets get a few young players to build around and a first round pick for the next 3 seasons including one of their own.

Sixers get Gordon at the expense of Maxey/Thybulle but pick up a draft pick to offset loss of picks in Harden deal. Harris dump gives them more cap flexibility. Harden runs point with Gordon at starting 2.... Crowder gives them another PJ Tucker type of player.

Corrosion likes this.
  15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I don’t sixers will give up Maxey for that return and the Nets can probably get more from Toronto anyway.

xaos likes this.
  16. Landry's Tooth

I'm in agreement on Sixers possibly needing more comp. Maybe additional pick from Suns making it 2 picks? Suns would still do well to get Durant for Bridges and 3 picks.

I disagree with Toronto. Vanvleet, Trent, Siakim, and OG are good but not great players. Maybe they get Barnes and picks but I'm not sure they would do that given Durant's age.

Vanvleet, Trent, and picks seem like a lesser deal to me... If it's Barnes, OG, Trent, and picks I agee, but then Durant doesn't likely join a gutted Toronto team. I also think Toronto isn't going to demolish their team to make it work. Maybe 2 guys and picks...

Advantage to dealing with Houston involved is opportunity to get your own pock back which you have some say over...

17. TheBeastSystem

paying $96 a year for iko's miserable trade proposals.....good grief, he's clueless

Corrosion, D-rock and Sep11ie like this.
  18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Siakim, OG, VanFleet are all better than Maxey. Anyone with 3 or 4 picks is much better value for them. Of course, that’s just my opinion, but right now I think Toronto ends up with Durant. Phoenix could end up with him if the Nets want Ayton at near max.

19. Landry's Tooth

I disagree respectfully. While the Raptors players have more track record, Maxey had the highest ts% and efg% of those 4 players. Maxey is also a full 3 years younger than OG and the other 2 are 3 years older than that.

Maxey has 2 years under contract and then is a rfa. Siakim and VanVleet his unrestricted free agency a year sooner than that. OG hits it a year after.

Bottom line is Maxey is more efficient as a scorer, younger, and on a much better contract.

Ideally the Nets get a couple of players like Maxey and cap relief. They can then sign a couple free agents to pair with their guys before extending them off rookie deals.