1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey AS Philly GM

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket River, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

I'm a Rockets fan, I dont chase Harden around..... If you stick with Boston thou, props.... Never thought you would get over Harden breakup...

2. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

imagine being salvy, cheering for the coward warriors who are begging kd to comeback yet again

Classic "real rockets fan"

clos4life likes this.
  3. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Salvy praying kd goes to the warriors so his daddy cheapman has an excuse not to compete again

clos4life likes this.
  4. Salvy

Salvy Member

I didnt even know he was wanting to go back, I never even cared that GSW won another ring.. I just thouht The Harden v Curry comparisons were hilarious...

5. i3artow i3aller

6. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

lmao youre the only person who cares about the comparison

We dont like curry because hes a coward and the most protected player in the league

clos4life likes this.
  7. Salvy

Salvy Member

That would be LeBron, I dont like Curry at all.... However he is not even close to Harden, hoping Rockets are good enough soon enough to send Curry packing as The Rockets establish a new era in the league....

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

They were all young during the Durant years. KD was 28 so if you were looking for guys they were developing, it was them.

You are right 15-21 they drafted 13 players. That means they were doing whst I said keeping development alive even if they are contenders. Did all of those 13 players pan out? No, but if they didnt do that they wouldnt have Poole and Looney.

Meanwhile Morey didnt make a draft pick since 2016 or something like that. You can see why one team had a short ass window and the other didnt.

leebigez likes this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lebron? Dude had courage to go and make 3 different chsmpiohsip teams in 3 different environments. He is a lot brsver than players who always stick to their comfort zone and ride 1 group of guys to multiple rings.

Dont bring Lebron in the convo at worst he is 2nd goat neither Curry or Harden even come close to him smh.

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

LeBron is not the most protected player in the league?

clos4life likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I like DM, I don't care what he does in Philly.

DD

clos4life and Pringles like this.
  12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I haven't seen Miguel since

Chamillionaire and clos4life like this.
  13. hakeemthagreat

Lol. Switching teams every other year is by far the least courageous of anything. Ppl put KD on blast, but Lebron is the one who started it and the media doesn't EVER mention this. As a matter of fact, the nba/espn is a walking commercial for Lebron (even when he's coming off the most disappointing season of all time HOF). The media goes out its way to keep positive headlines with Lebron

14. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

i cant wait to beat the sap out of those sorry warriors basterds

clos4life likes this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah sticking with the same **** takes no effort at all. Staying in the same situation knowing you dont have a chance instead of going to a new team, new environment, new everything that takes courage. I know lots of people stuck in the same dead end job for decades cuz they dont want to risk going elswhere.

It's called getting out of your comfort zone look it up.

leebigez likes this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

You watch NBA during the decision era?

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

What? So, let's say you are boxing it out in groups of three. You have Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali in their prime one side, and on the other side you have two nobodies, also in their prime. You are telling us it takes more courage to go fight with the two lesser boxers than it is to team up with some of the greatest of all time? If the objective is to win, let me assure you, it takes far more courage to get stuck with the nobodies and your ability to make up for them than to team up with great ones and carry the load.

Lebron is a coward who could only win after he joined stacked teams. Sure, he is an all time great, but he couldn't win crap without stacked team mates.

18. hakeemthagreat

No. If you go to different team with other stars or have offseason conversations with your "friends" about teaming up, its not courageous. Especially in a weak azz eastern conference. Yes he won a chip in LA, but it was in the bubble when teams weren't at full strength. Lebron has been stacking the deck for a decade

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah he left his friends Miami when he went to Cleveland he barely knew Kyrie and Kevin Love. When he went to the Lakers he didnt know snyone among the young kids.

Whst did MJ, Steph and Kobe do in comparison? Just play hard and let the GM give them their star teammates to dominste and win rings multiple times with the same team and same coach. I dunno how you think thats somehow more courageous.

Every player eith multiple rings have a stacked deck duh. You act like other superstars win by themselves Dirk and Hakeem are the only ones I remember winning a ring eithout 1 all star teammate.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I like that you conveniently left out the fact that Lebron and his agent literally strong armed New Orleans to trade AD to the Lakers so they can form another super duo. Obviously he didn't know any kids on the Lakers, he was going to get their asses shipped out anyway.

Also Lebron was directly responsible for orchestrating the Kevin Love trade before he even agreed to go there.

Slyonebluejay, Easy and King1 like this.