1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix] Stranger Things

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tallanvor, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Genuinely shocked we didn't get the series finale. I thought this thing was over. Are they doing more seasons or a "movie" to end it? Like... it's time to end this thing, man.

clos4life likes this.
  2. clos4life

clos4life Member

It was a good season but it's time to end it. I hope season 5 completes the story arc and they don't drag it out anymore.

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I actually like season 4 but I feel like 2 & 3 kinda slowed a bit. Pretty surprised it's going to 5 but not mad. It'll have to be an absolute barn burner to put a good enough top on it.

i3artow i3aller and clos4life like this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The early 90’s college years?

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I legit thought they CGI’d Ally Sheedy from the The Breakfast Club into that one episode, and I had to pause and Google it because I was confused why on earth they would do that.

Ziggy and Beezy like this.
  6. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I don't mind the Will gay or not gay stuff. I think it would be more clever if Will was actually just super sensitive (which he is) and we find out that he could see into the future and he knows Eleven dies (or Mike) and is jut emotional about it. Or something on top of what we already know about him.

Heck, maybe he has superpowers of his own or is being pressured into betraying the group and will become straight up evil.

If he's just struggling with his sexuality that will be kind of sad. But whatever. It's ultimately a show about young people and misfits finding their place in the world.

Beezy likes this.
  7. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I don't mind any storyline for Will. I just can't stand his terrible acting. Most of the kids are little shoddy when it comes to acting skills. Will is on another level.

Harbour, Gelman and Bower (Henry, Number 1) are all fantastic.

Also, no problem with the length of this series. It's a fun story and is lots better than most stuff being thrown at us.

Ziggy, mikol13, JumpMan and 2 others like this.
  8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Will is really sensitive. It's like every time the camera was on him...he was aware that he was a sad fifth wheel and needed a pep talk. It was cute. Poor Will.

Beezy likes this.
  9. durvasa

One thing that disappointed me was

the Hopper and Eleven reunion in the last episode. Eleven wouldn’t have had any idea that he was on his way, unless I missed some detail. Should have been a much bigger moment of shock and exhilaration for her.

10. durvasa

I think I disagree with this. There are enough supernatural elements to this story. Just having a young kid who is closeted and having a really difficult time feels real to me. I thought his scene with his brother in the pizza place was the most emotionally impactful scene of the season. Really well done by both actors, IMO.

Yung-T and Beezy like this.
  11. Sajan

Sajan Member

Watched the two movies....i mean episodes yesterday and today.
    Production quality is top notch.

But the child actors really have outgrown their acting abilities. Some of them are better than others but my dislike for Eleven/Will is at an all time high.
    Also that talkative chick got on my nerves too.

I am not sure if I will watch season 5, especially if it's 2-3 years from now.

well to be fair she only has like 2 emotions she can convey.....whining and crying.

Rocket River likes this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I just kind hate when the resolution to everything is just
    I'm more powerful than you

Rocket River

13. Beezy

Beezy Member

Finn/Mike is by far the worst of the main cast for me. His motivational speech to Eleven was not great. He should have been killed off to trigger Eleven super Saiyan mode. Will’s problem is that he went from being the baby of the main group to growing up into a 30 year old man with a bowl cut.

I’m glad the cast is reunited. I don’t think having them split up was great because the Hawkins all star team made the California G Leaguers look really bad (although Argyle was fun). Jonathan has no point when he’s not around Will.

I know I’m old but it blows my mind how many people have never heard Master of Puppets before (based on social media posts).

Finale gripes:
    I figured Eddie would die since there was no path forward for him besides jail or being a fugitive. I wish they would have made his sacrifice have more of an obviously direct impact. It was goofy when Dustin hobbled up to him on a gimpy leg - did Eddie ride a whole 30 feet away on the bike? I really liked his character though.

I liked the Russia stuff but didn’t like how they made them go back to the prison - because we can help the kids by fighting the particles! It diminished the impact of the escape. Just have them fight their way out in the first place.

Seeing the lead jock get ripped in half was sweet.

Overall I thought this season was great and am looking forward to the final season.

#613 Beezy, Jul 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
  14. Beezy

Beezy Member

Thought this clip of Eleven doing the hot wing challenge was pretty funny.

Yung-T likes this.
  15. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

You have a great point and you're right about that scene. I personally don't have any problem if he is gay. I lived through that period and know that society was nowhere near as accepting towards gays as they are today and I can certainly feel for the character. Without digging out the spoiler tags, let me just say, I thought the way the show subverted our expectations a bit with Will with regards to what he knew was pretty clever. I would be down for more of that.

Whatever the Duffer Bros do with the character will be better than anything I can dream up, I'm sure of that.

boomboom, Beezy and durvasa like this.
  16. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Gelman had some great moments this season. And Henry was great. I figured he was up to no good pretty early, but that's not the actor's fault.

I'm with you on the series. Most kids that age would drive me nuts IRL, but I love the show. I'm already planning to rewatch it.

Beezy and boomboom like this.
  17. Beezy

Beezy Member

Thinking about Will a little more and how the show doesn't know what to do with him. I just realized that the group was dumping on him for wanting to play D&D, and then they all join a D&D club as soon as Will moves away.

[​IMG]

Yung-T, FrontRunner and boomboom like this.
  18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It’s not that it’s a problem he’s coming out, it’s that it’s a check box on every plot line of ever Netflix show ever

also I agree that wills acting was t the worst…it was mikes . Will was def 2nd though

boomboom likes this.
  19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

to me this kinda cements how the show has fallen off. To be fair I thought the first season was perfection.

20. Beezy

Beezy Member

Season 5 is the end... until the spin-offs that they probably have deals for already.

"Seven years ago we planned out the complete story arc for Stranger Things. At the time we predicted the story would last four to five seasons. It proved too large to tell in four, but—as you'll soon see for yourselves—we are now hurtling toward our finale. Season 4 will be the penultimate season, and season 5 will be the last."

“There are still many more exciting stories to tell within the world of Stranger Things; new mysteries, new adventures, new unexpected heroes. But first we hope that you stay with us as we finish this tale of a powerful girl named Eleven and her brave friends, of a broken police chief and a ferocious mom, of a small town called Hawkins and an alternate dimension known only as the Upside Down.”

[​IMG]

Yung-T, Ziggy, clos4life and 2 others like this.