1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Happy 4th

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CCorn, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I reached out to the company via email that a mistake was made. They say they had already figured out a mistake was made and corrected it. So, no more guilt and I get free cookies/milk. This is like the one good thing that's happened to me all year after three deaths (two parents, one pet) and a funeral. FREE MILK AND COOKIES ON 4TH OF JULY!!! WOOHOO!!!! :D

ROCKSS and Blatz like this.
  2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I generally find most fireworks to be boring, so ... in remembrance of how fireworks should be done :

4. Surfguy

Fireworks need to be banned globally. The amount of pollution that results is not worth it. We have colorful, coordinated drones that can entertain now. People talk about climate change and, apparently, these huge firework displays are fine as long as everyone is entertained. Think about how selfish that is. It’s a slap in the face to the planet. But, whatever. As long as new generations are entertained. You’re not going to get to a clean planet doing this. Oh but it will be missed too much. The founding fathers…blah blah blah.

I know…Debbie Downer.

Squirtle likes this.
  5. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Happy 4th to everyone as I sit in my bedroom saying soothing things to both my dogs who are cowering under the bed.

6. TimDuncanDonaut

Happy 4th.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#46 TimDuncanDonaut, Jul 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Was just thinking about your fire updates when someone sent this to me :

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

ROCKSS, Invisible Fan and Surfguy like this.
  9. TimDuncanDonaut

[​IMG]

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Minuteman fireworks?

TimDuncanDonaut and Surfguy like this.
  11. Surfguy

Someone in my neighborhood kept setting off loud banging fireworks at around 1 am. I was up but I was getting kind of pissed because it sounded like gunshots going off right outside my window. It wasn't like light a string of firecrackers where it's 30 pops in succession. It was always one loud bang out of nowhere, silence, another loud bang, etc. I'm guessing some of my other neighbors weren't very happy about hearing that so late in the evening. Do cops really even patrol trying to bust firework shooters in city limits anymore? When I was a kid growing up, it was inevitable that a cop would pull up with his lights off to then speed in and try to bust everyone in the neighborhood shooting fireworks off. I had at least one bag confiscated that I had shoved into the bushes. I remember the cop took me home and my parents really could have cared less. But, my friend got a huge beating from his Dad with one of those rubber race tracks you used for hot wheel cars racing. He had a HUGE purple welp on his thigh the next day. I never understood how someone could get such a beating like that for something as stupid as shooting off fireworks on 4th of July. Nobody got a ticket or anything.

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Legal in Harris county so it was WWIII in my hood, as usual.

13. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

I tend to agree with this ,actually. And I'm much younger :p.

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Its been ages but I feel like this actually happened in Houston at one point. Didn't they switch to doing a light show in Downtown Houston in the early 2000s? I believe everyone got really mad and they switched back to fireworks. But they did try this at one point.

16. Surfguy

Well, we now have drones to placate the "piss-and-moaners" who complain about celebrating Independence Day with no fireworks. Call them green fireworks. If that doesn't work, then they can always shoot off their AR-15s in the air.

17. i3artow i3aller