1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilman Fertitta

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmacfor35, Jul 3, 2022.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Didn't he make top 10 or 15 for something last season?
    KPJ is lucky. He really should be playing for his 3rd team now but was given another chance. That luck is running out though with the emergence of Nix and drafting of Washington. One more pouting attack and he receives the popular name "street clothes".

2. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Nix not going to be on this team pass this year, and I don't see Washington as anything more then a back up... if we get a top 2 pick next year Scoot will be the PG going forward, But KPJ been working hard this off season if he puts it all together it will be hard to let him go, main issue when we had harden the first few years was just not having a PG for him until he became the playmaker himself during the MDA era. I don't want this same mistake to happen with Green.

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I've considered this angle... basically bc i felt we had a toxic environment... Murray had basically turned the reigns over to a narcissistic ass in Harden - and was trying to keep his house of cards intact...
    While running off in cockeyed directions like small ball...
    pushing 3s to the nth degree...
    Why did we keep Bobby Brown - was he Harden's bag man?

and while I agree that a culture change was desperately needed...

when you have a championship contending team... you wait for the house of cards to fall before you start gutting the place...

Imo the beginning of the end was trading CC...
    yes the WB trade was more detrimental...
    but when we traded CC and went all in on small ball, it was evident that hubris and ego had consumed the org...
    we made it not about the players and their efforts - but more about if our suits could figure out a way to juke the system...

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Nook and napalm06 like this.
  5. Salvy

Salvy Member

Ive been saying all this time, Tilman is the best owner in the league..... We did not lose Harden, we got rid of Harden the one man franchise killer.... See where Philly ends up in a couple of years, rebuilding again...

Tilman's only mistake so far has been Silas, even then there might be something we dont know... For a coach to be this bad it might have been on purpose...

So many haters gonna have to eat crow or carry on with their stupid hate points to try and save face.....

bmelo likes this.
  6. bmelo

bmelo Member

that won't happen, bro. He had skills since day 1 it isn't about it. I feel like they are putting him into the role he doesn't fit (playing point)

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We are the worst team in the league that doesnt control thier own picks.

Tilman is a ****ing moron.

luckyman76 likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't have any issues with Patrick at all. He's a very nice guy, from what I've heard. He clearly has a genuine interest in the team. If he's been in on decisions, his influence has been either benign or positive, based on the outstanding results I've seen during the last two drafts, and he was in the room with Rafel during them.

Don't ask me about his father.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What a weird take given how well the rebuild had gone thus far.

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Idk how there can b tilman fans. Sht owner avoided going all in to pay luxury tax when we had a championship caliber team.

Says all the right thing but does the opposite to win, he wanted to tank cause it's cheaper.

The only nice thing I can say about tilman is that he is smart enough to stop meddling and rely on folks who actually knows what they r doing. But who knows if his ego will make him meddle again.

He's better than Dolan and the other shtty owner so far. But he doesn't really deserve praise for being at least average, probably a c- if I was to give him a grade

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Dude hasn't won anything except the worst record for two years straight.

Why are people so eager to frontload success? Thread is at least three years early

Nook likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Oh jeez. You were saying this after he said Chris Paul was the worst contract in sports? After he destroyed a championship caliber team in year 1? After he traded for the corpse of Iman Shumpert, the corpse of Branden Knight, etc. After he dragged Mike Dantoni, one of the nicest guys in the world, around on contract negotiations and told the league he was too old? After he installed his son as an omnipresent member of our basketball ops team?

He's working his way back to neutral right now and the jury is still out.

slothy420 likes this.
  13. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

He went from trying to find that 5% to about 95%. o_O Good thing Harden wanted out while he was at the top of his game, otherwise that Paul/Westbrook trade would have hurt the franchise for years to come. That was the best thing that could have happened to the Rockets. Tillman didn't really choose to rebuild. He made some mistakes (with zero accountability), his star player wanted to leave, so this was the best option. He seems to have inherited a great staff. I really love what Stone n' company has done with the team since Harden's departure.

luckyman76 and Plowman like this.
  14. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yeah, I was... Because at the time what he said about Paul could have very well been true. It took a drastic diet change and effort for Paul to reignite his career. Its like saying John Wall is the worst contract in The NBA right now and all of sudden this man comes back and turns The Kings into a contender next year.

Morley traded for Shumpert and Knight, MDA has always been a gimmick coach that also jumped ship when things got bad. No, Tilman did not destroy a "championship team".... That was James Harden, that was James Harden trading Paul for Westbrook. That was James Harden choking every single year when it mattered. The Rockets had one, only one year during Harden's whole tenure that we can honestly say they could have gone all the way. That was in 2017, Paul went down and The Rockets were up at the half in a game 7. You would think Harden would come through and do something. Nah, he was halfway out the door to a strip club.

Tilman, did not destroy a good team. Tilman is rebuilding the mess Harden/Morley/MDA left him with. And doing a fantastic job so far.

hakeemthagreat likes this.
  15. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The dude inherited a 65 win team and it crashed and burned within three years. I can't exactly forget that.
    Props to him for getting out of the way here lately, I guess.

mikenm268 likes this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

"Emergence of Nix"?

When did this happen? I watched every game last year and saw almost nothing emerge,

17. hakeemthagreat

I just think some of you are either being ignorant, or don't see the bigger picture. How can you judge a HC on team that isn't trying to win? We are rebuilding and also establishing a positive atmosphere around the organization. He's the perfect man for this young roster

Invisible Fan likes this.
  18. hakeemthagreat

Very good take top to bottom

Salvy likes this.
  19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Good lord....the delusion.

A tried and true conservative, on his knees in front of a billionaire.

Tillman is a ****ing moron.

jogo likes this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There’s so many fat people
    Tilman is winning

rockets future looks awesome
    I get the Les Alexander fans were shocked when he sold the rockets
    But he only cared about China money
    And when Yao left , that’s it
    Les is going home to Florida