1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Theoretical Durant Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sealclubber1016, Jul 1, 2022.

?

Durant trade involvement

1. Stay out of it, hold onto their picks

71 vote(s)
    80.7%
  2. Go for Bridges

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. Agree with idea, but different player

10 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Agree, this is absolutely absurd. We're not desperate, we need to be patient. We have young players to evaluate this year and a plethora of future draft capital. No way I throw all my chips in for Ayton--he's not Hakeem or Shaq.

To the rest of these ideas, our mindset should be... "We only participate if the value to us is too good to be true." Ask yourself what would that be?

2. a time to chill

Let me get this straight...Iko thinks it's a good idea to give up 6 first-round picks, Eric Gordon, and KJ Martin for Ayton? Has he lost his mind?

Rockets would be stupid to give up that many assets for Ayton. Ayton ain't worth that much. I may be petty, but the Nets made their bed by trying to buy their way to a championship, they can lie in it. Rockets shouldn't bail them out. Those picks are more valuable than Ayton.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

There is no way in hell we do that, that’s what you trade for KD not Ayton.
    Why would we give more than Phoenix to make the deal?
    Stupid, just flat out the dumbest trade proposal I’ve seen from a supposed “insider”

5. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I literally hear it in his voice and with his cadence.

"Stay off..the trade...machine..."

6. maj21

maj21 Member

Ayton is way overrated on these boards. He’s not nearly as good as y’all think. The dude is a franchise changer at all lol

luckyman76 and D-rock like this.
  7. mightybosstone

Yeah, I don't think Iko took a second to take a step back and see what the Rockets are giving up. 6 firsts plus Gordon for Ayton is absolutely insane. That's the kind of value that the best players in the league get. Harden didn't even get that kind of value.

Phoenix shouldn't be getting Durant AND a ton of firsts in this trade. That part of the deal makes zero sense. If you take away those firsts going to Phoenix and Houston's giving back a couple of Brooklyn's firsts for Ayton, this deal would make a lot more sense.

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  8. TimDuncanDonaut

Iko has a good news source from Rockets org, but... sometimes, it's better to take off the analyst hat and enjoy July 4th weekend.

[​IMG]

9. Joerex Jamisola

sengun can shot

10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Maybe something like give nets1 picks back and suns 2.

[​IMG]

What is even for this? Ayton is atleast 2-3 picks comon guys. Suns are also losing all there youth to compete , 0 Bench.

#50 Le$$, Jul 5, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2022