1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving to Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaBeard, Jun 29, 2019.

1. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Perhaps. We already saw that LeBron no longer impacts winning, but Davis and Kyrie at their best are formidable if LeBron leads and gets out of their way.

What really bothers me, and probably other people, is that the league just won't let LeBron and the Lakers go off into the sunset. Let him set some more records and celebrate his career as he still performs at a high level. Let the young bucks take over.

Jontro and clos4life like this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sure but what's the over under on Kyrie-LeBron-Davis simultaneous games played? 25 a year? It's 3 guys who are half-season players at this point.

Even if Kyrie opts not to "do his own research" or go on an unsanctioned December vision quest - last time he even played 60 games in a season was 18-19.

Remember Harden-Kyrie-Durant did 16 out of 113.

#422 SamFisher, Jul 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    MettaWorldPete likes this.
  3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Kyrie and Davis are motivated. Kyrie to secure a final contract and Davis to restore his reputation. I think they play 50 or so games together in the regular season and most if not all of the playoffs.

clos4life likes this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If they are able to yeah... the incentive is there. I would not bet on it though.

JumpMan likes this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

That's unlikely just due to math.

They're all half season players at this point.

The likelihood of them all being healthy is the same as tossing 3 coins in the air and having them all land heads - which is almost exactly what the Brooklyn big 3 ended up doing.

JumpMan likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

If the Lakers traded russ for Irving and Harris and/or Curry would be crazy. It would still be hard for them to win with their injury/chemistry issues, but they would suddenly have their biggest on court weakness(lack of shooting) would suddenly be a massive strength.

8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If I'm the nets I'm asking for Anthony Davis. Westbrook can be someone else's problem.

9. i3artow i3aller

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

not gonna lie, Windy is having himself a hot boy summer

he keeps this up, he might need to replace Woj on primetime TV

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Woj's reputation did take a hit on the Harden scoop.

saleem and clos4life like this.
  12. i3artow i3aller

13. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Why don't they just do a straight up trade with the Twolves?

Kyrie for D'Angelo Russell

The Twolves look like they're in win now mode and DLo is a younger shoot first PG that they can pair with whatever they get back from the KD deal. He's probably a better player than they can get anywhere else.

14. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Same. I actually hope they do a swap Westbrook and Kyrie. Rockets are still years away from competing and the Nets will be much worse no matter what package they get for KD + Kyrie.

15. i3artow i3aller

16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I’m not convinced any of these guys get any information until right before it’s going to happen. Almost everything they come up with, somebody on clutchfans has already suggested. With the trade machines and other resources on the internet, it’s really not that hard to come up with almost all of the plausible opportunities (and implausible ones like Iko’s idiotic trade). I get it they have to report on something and have to get clicks, but most of it is just their own version of what we do on clutchfans.

17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

So true
    From the Lakers point of view, if the only hold up is taking the contract of Harris and including (say) a 2027 1st (and possibly a 2028 swap?) Then pull the trigger already.

They get a free swing at LeBron's last year, and would have only AD and Harris on the books for the following season. Prime FA destination means reloading around Davis with the option of keeping Kyrie if it works out.
    Worst case is a better result than another year of Westbrick...

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Harris's injury has to be much worse than anticipated
    I mean he is a good get. . . good shooter. . . .I would say on par with Seth Curry

Rocket River

saleem likes this.
  19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I read a fan's proposed trade for Kyrie to Philly for Tobias Harris. The salaries are very similar. Harris is not a special player, but he’s disciplined and professional in his outlook.

Will Harden agree to give another go off the bench with Kyrie? I don't think he will like it. Morey certainly can pull the trigger for another star.

Embiid might get desperate for Kyrie 's shooting and scoring.