1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Akron PD Shooting of Jayland Walker

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by FrontRunner, Jul 2, 2022.

1. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

^ how they compare to what's been presented so far

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Looks like once somebody started shooting they all started shooting.

The bottom line is police these days are just trigger happy and are far too quick to go to lethal force, this whatever takes to get back home mentality has got to be eradicated.

TheJuice likes this.
  3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

An investigation to clarify exactly what happened needs to come first. As opposed to the typical, corporate media led, mob style emotional reaction based on what later turns out to be (take your pick):

A. fake news
    B. misinformation
    C. straight up lies

To say that the corporate media types like CNN and MSNBC have handled these matters in a consistently irresponsibly manner does not fully even cover it. They go out of their way to whip these mobs up into a frenzy. They are in many ways the leaders of these mobs, in fact.

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Need more facts, in fact.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

From what I’ve seen so far that looks pretty disturbing. I can’t make out where walker shoots at LE.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

At what point do you think it's justified shooting someone 60 times? That's a fact we know. Dude didn't have an assault rifle.

If you are in a group of ten, your group gets into a gun fight with one person, at what are you comfortable ceasing fire?

Do not compare this to Ferguson again. That was one officer

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Bonnie and Clyde were shot 33 times combined... how TF do you shoot someone 60 times?

jiggyfly and ElPigto like this.
  8. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm not watching the video, he must have gone down after a few shots, did they shoot him the other 55 times while he was on the ground?

EDIT: Just made the connection to LeBron. This is in his hometown.

#28 JumpMan, Jul 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  9. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

If you are a policeman and you are shot at by a suspect who was fleeing, you would be wise to assume that he still had a gun on him and was dangerous. I think you have to treat the situation in that manner. So therefore the shooting of the young man, while tragic, was justified and within the boundaries of the law. Self defense. Why the police shot so many times requires explanation just to keep the public from rioting, but that in no way excuses the young man's behavior which led to his death. It's a tragedy in that it was avoidable. Don't shoot at the police, don't run from the police. Common advice that is routinely ignored.

Two Sandwiches and Newlin like this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Just to keep the public from rioting? If that the only reason to investigate? Please find a police shooting in which someone was shot 60 times. Any one in the history of law enforcement.

durvasa likes this.
  11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

They rounded up 16.5 to 60

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I’m curious. Do you get a headache from being this f***ing stupid? Your little pea brain just rattling around in there…

You and dumbs*** Jorge saying we need to wait for more info. What justifies being shot at over 100 times and being hit over 60 times? Honesty, the rest (no proof that he shot at them first) is irrelevant when you consider the execution they performed. This was a straight up lynching.

TheJuice, Rocket River and Andre0087 like this.
  13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I will give the police this. It happens very fast. I don't have a problem with him being killed. I think there is an issue of police sitting at night and all responding to chases. I think it's dangerous. I was walking across a bridge one night over a rail yard and I got passed by a chase. Like ten cop cars for one truck

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  14. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

It sounds like there were many (8?) policemen who were shooting at him. If each landed with 50% with a single mag, then that gets you to 60+. Sounds like some also reloaded... which would mean a smaller % of shots on target would get you to 60 "hits".

MojoMan likes this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

As much as I hate to agree, I honestly don't see anything wrong in the video. He just got shot by a bunch of cops. If one guy is justified, they're all justified

Two Sandwiches and Newlin like this.
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

1. PGabs does not hate to agree.
    2. The lesson learned is he should have had more body armor and more military grade weapons. Then they would have at least tried to bring him in calmly and peacefully.

The truth of America
    The only way to not have the police kill you and say have them say they feared for their lives....
    Is to have enough weapons to actually make them fear for their lives.

Rocket River

TheJuice, Two Sandwiches and jiggyfly like this.
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

How about learning a single ass lesson like don't shoot at police.

You don't think shooting at police is justification for them to shoot you?

You think you're helping black men by saying shooting at police is okay?

Edit: it's an allegation that he shot at them but for them to all start shooting it seems they were sure he fired at them.

#37 pgabriel, Jul 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
  18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The need to avoid the same hysterical overreactions and emotionally driven lynch mob style reactions that have become the norm in these sorts of incidents, especially when the corporate media is involved.

19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Yep. These situations come up in real life, but we are all probably can envision them a bit better from similar situations we have seen in the movies. The cops have some guy cornered or surrounded. He has either already been firing a weapon at them or has been actively poised and threatening to do so. A bunch of cops, maybe 10, 12, or however many, all have their guns drawn, stances planted and aims all fixed, center square mass on the perp. The cops are yelling at the perp to surrender without so much as one more wayward twitch. The perp then does something stupid. And they all open fire.

20. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Bring more cops.