1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Personal experience with Covid-19

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by basso, May 9, 2020.

?

Do you have personal experience with Covid-19

1. I have/had Covid-19

36 vote(s)
    22.6%
  2. I have an immediate family member who has/had Covid-19

33 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. I have close friends diagnosed with Covid-19

39 vote(s)
    24.5%
  4. I know someone who was diagnosed with Covid-19

69 vote(s)
    43.4%
  5. I don't personally know anyone with Covid-19

49 vote(s)
    30.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Me on a cruise? Nah.

Started symptoms on Tue. They've definitely evolved. Now it's more of a cough and weakness and chest feelings. Spicy chest if you will. Gratz.

Managed to avoid (so far) prolonged brain fog and shortness of breath.

tinman likes this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Buddy of mine got covid and the worst symptom he ended up with is intense shoulder/neck pain. Apparently prolonged inflammation of muscles in the upper back is common. WTF this virus is so weird.

Ziggy, Buck Turgidson and basso like this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Get well brother!

Ziggy likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

I had the chest things...that was just a little scary.

Get well!

Ziggy likes this.
  5. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

#CSBHumbleBragFMLWTFBBQ

My wife's grandmother passed away a month ago. Funeral was in Kauai this past Saturday. 11 year old daughter started feeling symptoms on Sunday. Tested positive on Monday. I was the primary caretaker for her. I tested positive for covid this (Friday) morning. So far, just feels like some sinus or allergy symptoms. Little fatigued too. Thank goodness I get to stay with relatives...$1000/night hotels would probably break me.

Also...she had her two primary vaccine shots. I had my first booster shot. Thinking she picked it up from school...as last Thursday was her last day of school. I'm certain I picked it up from her. Fun times in paradise!

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I hope you get well soonest!

Managed to avoid it so far (knock on wood several times), but a retired MD, a heart surgeon that I play trivia with every week at a pub here in Austin recently got Covid. Luckily, I missed the game the week before he came down with it. It really knocked him on his rear. He's been vaccinated, but hasn't had the boosters. An incredibly smart guy, but a sceptic (we don't talk politics...our team kicks ass at trivia instead) who waited a long time before he did anything. He's glad he did now.

Found out today that my chiropractor came down with it a week after I'd seen him. I was wearing a KN-95 mask the whole time, as was he, but that was a near thing. I'm friends with the guy and we've both been vaccinated and had the boosters. He caught it from his wife, who's a teacher. Some close calls. Travis County's case numbers have been rising. Whatever is going around is really contagious. Be cautious out there, folks.

Ziggy likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

I can think of worse places to ride it out until you're all better.

8. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Officially a statistic for COVID as well now. Tested positive yesterday. Very mild fever, wet and alternating dry cough, feeling run down / beat up, congested. DayQuil is working surprisingly well for it though. Originally thought it was a sinus infection coming back from Italy on the 24th, tested negative on the 25th. Went to doc that Wed for antibiotics and a steroid pack, tested myself after sister said she had it yesterday and sure enough half the family does. My wife, me, Mom and my sister. Geez. Luckily, boosted / double vaxxed , so could be a lot worse.

9. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Herd immunity in full effect.

Ziggy likes this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

COVID did finally get me a few days ago tested positive. It's mostly been like the flu with feeling very tired and light headed. Also my appetite is very diminished. Throat started getting sore and lost my voice about two days after initial test. Am gradually feeling my energy return but it's been no fun quarantining.

Ironically I was scheduled to get my second booster this week.

11. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Another confirmed case here. Was starting to think I must have had it but been asymptomatic with amount of friends and close contacts around us that had it yet we never did, but a trip the UK for work did the trick.

Like Ziggy, I had norovirus in Dec along with the wife and it was honestly the worst I've ever felt for about 24 hours. So far this is nothing compared to that, and have definitely had worse colds

Day 1 - sinus congestion/drainage which I get frequently due to deviated septum, didn't think much of it
    Day 2 - coworker from same trip also complained of sinus issues, he tested positive so I took a test and also positive. Fever/sweats off and on while I slept but not terrible
    Day 3 - chills and mild fever off and on, head congestion a little worse.
    Day 4 (today) - Fever seems to be gone. Head still congested, mild cough

2x vaccinated plus booster in January

12. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I also just got COVID. Felt sick (flu like symptoms) on Monday and didn't go to work. Tested drive-thru and had a home test delivered. Both positive. By Wednesday my only symptom was a cough and runny nose. Now just an intermittent cough. No idea where/when/how I contracted it. I assume at work.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Too much nvm

#133 ThatBoyNick, Jul 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Baby has it now, as does the neighbor baby. It's been nothing but normal baby congestion.

15. body slam

body slam Member

I'm at the one year mark since I had it. Felt like a sinus infection with a slight cough and body ache. The body ache was real give away that I had a problem. For the most part I felt fine, but it effects everyone differently.

16. body slam

body slam Member

Has anyone heard anything about side effects from the vaccine? I've heard stories from a friend of a friend that knows someone that knows who has problems. I know a lot of people who have gotten the vaccine and have had no problems, but I also personally know 3 people who got the vaccine and are now having health problems they did not have before. Could be a coincidence. I don't know, but from the way it sounds they are going through some pretty scary stuff.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Given how these problems can also be caused from getting covid, you have to consider the extreme case of not getting the vax but getting highly transmissible omicron.

For example, if the chance of getting heart inflammation is 0.05% from vax, but the chance of getting it from covid is 5%, then the other number to find out is the chance of you getting covid in the first place.

People are still dying from omicron, the death rate is lower than alpha, but more people are getting it. The vax is there to make sure your body has at least one practice run with the virus so that it doesn't run amok like hidden terrorists.

Btw, i had myocarditis from alpha. It stuck around for a good year during quarantine. Got the mrna vax when i was able to. Not sure if i had any major symptoks from it

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Damn man I’m sorry. I haven’t had it once to my knowledge.

basso likes this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

yeah a good friend of mine in the uK has had it 3 times the third was the worst, I had it once.....not a big deal.....i had first booster am due for 2nd.

DD

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's been 6 days since I first tested positive and my energy is still down and throat still sore but have been feeling much better. I wouldn't call my symptoms mild but it wasn't anywhere near hospitilization. Just felt like a bout with seasonal flu.