1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Durant requests trade out of Brooklyn

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, Toronto is a great city

I have enjoyed my trips there, but I’m not built for weather that cold

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Same. I spent a week there in 2014 for New Years. Partied my ass off, saw museums, had a steak dinner at Barberian's (one of the top steak houses in North America), accidentally ended up in the ghetto during a blizzard trying to go to little India.

Id rather live in Montreal but Toronto is awesome.

Jontro and Reeko like this.
  4. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Toronto is my biggest fear to ruin our picks. Even without sending Barnes they have some really good pieces that they might send like OG and/or Siakim. Even giving those guys up they would still be a deep talented team and be right there at the top of the East. The level of talent they could send would probably keep the Nets in the play-in or better and give them a bunch of draft picks. I want Ayton and picks and Westbrook and picks to the Nets. That would be an incredible outcome for the Rockets.

Milos likes this.
  5. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Rockets should go after him. A team with Jalen, Jabari, and Durant would be interesting. Trade everyone/thing else to get him.

hakeem94 and Jontro like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

stone drafted a better player with a single 16th pick....roy is a meaningless award

7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

As Rockets fans, why do we even care? Isn't this the best possible outcome for us. He got us an insane amount of picks and Kyrie was too dumb to make it work. And now we are in the best possible situation, where they for sure will get back players worse than Kyrie and KD. The East is more stacked and better than years past. Nets heading to the lottery for the next 4 years and we own their picks!

Thank you James Harden and Kyrie Irving.

Easy likes this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Thank you captain obvious. I was waiting with baited breath for this revelation.

10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Brooklyn can want whatever they want.
    Durant says where he wants to go and damn well it’s not no scrub team.

Suns or Heat. That’s it… nothing else to see here.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Toronto is not a scrub team and they definitely have a remote shot, however, superstars usually get their way so I think it’s Phoenix or Heat whoever can cup up with the best package. Probably Phoenix since the Heat don’t have as many picks.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Suns with Bridges / multiple Picks will get it done.

unless they want Herro, Turkish guy, picks etc.

Raptors don’t scare anyone. A rookie as your best player is not where Durant will go to.

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Durant
    Paul
    Booker

Or

Durant
    Bam
    Butler

Mkieke likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

We don’t have to trade Harden Durant. He’s under contract for multiple years.

That’s nice he wants to go to Brooklyn Phoenix or Miami but screw him, we’re taking the best offer. If that offer comes from Sacramento, he’s going to Sacramento! We’re not taking back Caris LeVert, Spencer Dinwiddie and Jarrett Allen DeAndre Ayton or Tyler Herro! That package sucks!

If we do move Harden Durant, we want an all-star, at least one good, young player, multiple picks and pick swaps

Ehhh, at least we got Oladipo/Exum Ayton/Bridges/(or)Herro/Jovic/ton of picks and pick swaps. It’s not great but it’s better than nothing. He didn’t want to be here. We needed to move on from Harden Kyrie/Durant and get back to building a team. We can focus on the team and guys who want to be here and build a culture. In Stone Sean Marks/Joe Tsai we trust.

:D

15. i3artow i3aller

#275 i3artow i3aller, Jul 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

“I am not sure the Nets will get a better deal than washed Lowry, overpaid Duncan and Tyler Herro.” o_O

i3artow i3aller and RasaqBoi like this.
  17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

well im sure its that plus picks and swaps for the next 7 years .

No way Durant goes without getting back significant draft assets

18. i3artow i3aller

Eastern Conference Executive

[​IMG]

19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Riley does have the mob in Brooklyn.

20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

You must not know much about the Raptors. They are one of the deepest teams in the league and Barnes is their 3rd or 4th best player. They could do Siakim and picks which is much better than bridges and picks. Really has to do whether the Nets want to pay Ayton near max and if Durant is willing to go to Toronto, because Toronto could easily make the best offer in my opinion. Hell, Anunoby, is probably better than Bridges.