1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers Rockets talking trade.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Rockets want a future FRP for EG and not a body (Thybulle). If Thybulle is so good, surely some other team in the NBA will GLADLY give up a FRP that could be routed to Houston in an EG to Philly trade.

So far, no takers.

On a podcast Windy said the Rockets were involved in a trade that didn't end up happening. And I am wondering if the Kings getting Huerter for a protected FRP might have killed it.

You hear anything @ch44?

2. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Yes, I understand. I can't guarantee it of course, but I imagine likely KJ Martin, Gordon, etc. will be moved eventually to clear space.

I think Green and the young guys will take the next step offensively next year to fill in as they did without Gordon or Wood during stretches last year.

My post was aimed more toward the idea that Tate is a more impactful overall player than Thybulle. From a skillset standpoint, I can see the perspective. But Thybulle is such head and shoulders over Tate defensively that he's more impactful overall, not to mention younger.

We also have guys who are better or will become better than Tate and what he currently
    does well, no one on this team likely will be as good as Thybulle defensively from day one.

D-rock and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tate is a good player but he is not elite at anything.

Thybulle is not just an elite defender, he is a chaos bringer.

Just because Tate on roster should not preclude ADDING an even better defensive player.

Thybulle's defensive IQ, leadership, energy, vision and ability to recover is just off the charts.

A trio of Jabari-Tari-Matisse would absolutely wreak havoc on opposing teams. All 3 can communicate, switch, rotate, shade, block shots, disrupt, pressure and jump passing lanes like raving mad dogs.

By adding Thybulle, Rockets could field team of historic game changers on defense as well as offense.

The HOUnds need a leader!

Unleash the HOUnds!!!!

4. Milos

Milos Member

I bet he would be in the Oncologist's office the next day hanging on every word if he got that diagnosis

Kyrie selectively accepts the validity of experts based on how it complements his lifestyle

Or he's just a high-functioning idiot

Remember, he's still struggling with the geometrical shape of planets

Drift Monkey and Nook like this.
  5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

So because he doesn’t want to take a shot you don’t want any part of him? Lol ok…..

RasaqBoi likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

He strikes me as the kind of player that a rebuilding team like the Rox doesn't need to give up anything for because another just like him - younger, cheaper - is right around the corner and the Rox have time (and draft capital) to find that guy.

jiggyfly, BigMaloe, quikkag and 3 others like this.
  7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I get your point, but given the unpredictable nature of this pandemic, a players approach to medical science has to factor into financial commitments a team makes. It’s just the reality we are living in. For what it’s worth Thybulle seems like a good dude, but he’s unfortunately misguided on this issue and it did negatively affect his team. That’s a realistic possibility going forward as well.

he has a right not to abide by medical science and not get vaccinated. But he doesn’t have a right to play in the league, and his earning potential will probably suffer. Everyone’s responsible for their own decisions.

no doubt that he’s an elite defender and would help any team…when he’s on the court.

#87 Aruba77, Jul 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Obviously Gordon for Thybulle straight up doesn't work, not even close $$$ wise.

So what else is happening with it? Hard to give an informed opinion without knowing what the deal might be...

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  9. DaneB

DaneB Member

Sounds like this deal is going to happen. Just might take awhile…I’ve been obsessively checking this trade and expecting at any moment to get a center…

10. Nook

Nook Member

While he is a really good defender… he pick up league good at playing the other side of the court.

I would rather have a decent future #1 at this point.

At this point he is really a zero at anything except defense. He doesn’t rebound or pass, doesn’t go to the line, cannot shoot and is slow to react offensively.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

GL with that.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Aruba77

I’m surprised at Morey. Yes PJ and EG are good players to have for a playoff run, but they aren’t the same players they were 4 or 5 yrs ago. They need to add another big piece to truly contend. Aging retreads are not gonna get it done. Morey looking desperate.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Yes.

14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Morey and Stone are jerking each other around -
    Posturing and pissing on a wall.

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sounds reasonable, but the man was literally not useful in playoffs y bother trying to obtain him

16. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I really do not believe the Rockets are going to give up Gordon for the first part of the year, Stone just playing with Morey

jimmyv281 likes this.
  17. Aruba77

sounds messy.

18. Nook

Nook Member

They want another big piece, but if it isn’t there they will improve where they can.

The Sixers will be better next year and they need more depth and better role players. They have added Melton, Tucker, House (who actually was better defensively last year) and now possibly Gordon…. Those are all guys that can defend and shoot… which is excellent with Embiid and Harden.

He also added Georges Nieng last year, an excellent role player.

He also has Tobias Harris and Maxey to either trade for a star or they can create as 3/4 options.

Sixers are going to have a very good and deep bench to help preserve their stars.

luckyman76, D-rock, jiggyfly and 3 others like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Why not? Gordon doesn’t really want to be here absent a large extension… the Rockets have young players that need minutes. Hell, Gordon is a walking injury, trade him for value while you can.

The Rockets only have 1 extra #1 draft pick the next 5 years… the Bucks pick next year… that’s it. Get a future #1 for Old Man Gordon and move on. Let him go have fun somewhere else.

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

This deal is $11,275,161 away from making the money work ..... Philly has to send out that much more salary on top of Thybulle's $4,379,527 to get there. That would include the 76ers next 5 largest salaries of Niang, Maxey, Springer, Milton & Reed.

The Rockets have 0 roster spots open to do a 2 or 3 for 1 deal.

This report is likely bullsh@t

#100 Corrosion, Jul 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    D-rock likes this.