1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant requests a trade out of Brooklyn!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Because no team has two all stars unless they are contending and teams with two all stars are simply not trading them, now you could get one all star and a ton of picks. and the young all stars that the nets would want can't be traded there unless you get rid of ben. Nets are in a bad situation where they have to get rid of all three and hope to get a return of one young all star and a ton of picks.

TheJuice likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, fine, I'll do this one more time for the slow crowd.....but given that I've spelled it out Barney style for you guys numerous times by now, I have no illusions that you'll finally understand.

When we drafted Green, I was against it because I prefer skill players to athletic players. The reason for that is that you are merely hoping athletic players will develop skills one day and that's not a guarantee. What I said was that if Green never develops skills, he could end up nothing more than Corey Brewer 2.0. I have the same concerns with all players who are picked based on freak athleticism. For every example of one of those guys developing the skills to be special, you have dozens of them who fail to develop and end up being busts.

He then started off the season showing why I had these concerns. Later, he put my concerns to rest by showing the start of the development he needed to advance beyond merely being an unskilled hyper athletic player. I have high hopes that he'll pick up this season where he left off and will further advance beyond that. I quite literally never called him a "bust" and a reasonably intelligent 5 year old child could have followed along with what was being said....but again, you have to consider the low IQ and poor reading comprehension skills of a large portion of the audience here.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well that's kind of what I'm saying here though. it's not just Green....it's not just Green and Smith. This season they'll have Green, Smith, KPJ, and Sengun as a VERY solid 4 player core. If those 4 can't help the team win AT LEAST 30 games, we need to reconsider their talent level. The Rockets this season should be considerably closer to the playoffs than the worst team in the league based on talent alone.

4. dmoneybangbang

Again, why wouldn't the Nets start off the negotiations strong and ask for the impossible? Maybe Ayton and Bridges aren't "all stars" but those are pretty great players to get in exchange. Or what if the Nets get Donovan Mitchell in three team trade?

Maybe the Heat pull of three team trade that sends Ben Simmons to the Kings or somewhere similar. Pat Riley is a very capable GM.

The Nets have more leverage that many people want to admit and will probably get a better package than Rocket fans want to admit.

withmustard likes this.
  5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Same. Mitchell is a total liability on defense and he isn't even a top tier efficient scorer ala Steph, Luka, Durant, etc. Hell, I wouldn't even put him on the level of Ice Trae. And Ayton is just not a max player. He shouldn't get more than Jarrett Allen, who I would rather have if you made me choose between the two.

To me, the best role for Donovan Mitchell would be as a third scorer or even a 6th man like Harden or Ginobilli.

luckyman76 and Reeko like this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

Right.... so you couldn't wait an entire rookie season before claiming his potential was Corey Brewer 2.0?

You clearly let your emotions overrule prudence and ended up looking silly. Hopefully you learned to wait at least one rookie season before comparing someone to Corey Brewer.

Phillyrocket and Dobbizzle like this.
  7. i3artow i3aller

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

See, I knew your reading comprehension skills weren't up to the task.

9. foh

foh Member

The conversation was about Nets trading with us to get their picks back and then start tanking. They have three all-stars under contract - they can do all sorts of things.

Get with the game.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. Got this from one of the responses that retweeted it :

11. dmoneybangbang

Translation.... "I can't defend my actions of prematurely calling Green's potential Corey Brewer, so I'm just going to insult your intelligence because it's the only move I have".

Why hide your hand when everyone knows you were wrong... whatevs.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

0-35-55 games the last 3 seasons.

.386 shooting and .333 from three in a playoff sweep against Boston.

This version if Durant isn't League MVP and is on the decline.

The team that trades for Durant has to send out $35.2m in salary - that's significant outgoing talent from just about any team.
    That team likely has a one or two year window to win a championship - after that, Durant's probably a worse contract than John Wall ... The team that trades for him takes an all or nothing chance that they win one and then they are in cap hell.

$44,119,845
    $47,649,433
    $51,190,021
    $54,708,608

I'm not gutting my team and giving up a treasure trove of picks and swaps for that when Durant is a stubbed toe away from being a $50m disaster.

Just an example of the finances -
    Best case scenario for PHX is a S&T with Ayton who's in base year compensation so he only counts as half his actual outgoing salary for matching purposes. So if you pay him his max of $30,913,750 you are still short $19,743,125 for matching purposes - That's probably Mikal Bridges @$21m or Jae Crowder $10.18m and one of Landry Shamet $9.5m or Dario Saric $9.24m

PHX has to know their window is short with CP3 and KD being on the wrong side of 30 and both having injury issues, you might win one in the next year or two but what does your cap look like in years 3 & 4 and we haven't even discussed draft picks .....

Ayton & Bridges or the Crowder package along with the current roster might win 30 games and no one is lining up to play with that group either .... that puts you about 5th-6th worst in the league and a decent shot at a top 5 pick - See Sacramento this past season going 30-52 and picking 4th.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No....translation, I spelled it out for you yet again and somehow you completely failed to understand what was said.

I don't seek out to question your intelligence, but you really give me no choice given the moronic responses you keep coming back with.

I told you that there would be no point in me spelling it out for you again given that I spelled it out for you at the time and MANY times since, yet you are too dumb to understand what you are being told. At this point there are two possible scenarios, either you are simply not an intelligent enough person to follow along in conversation or you are being intentionally dishonest. You pick.

14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Thanks for this. I didn’t know the rules concerning Ayton. That probably puts Bridges on the table if Phoenix really wants to do this. I think they may say no and try to send Ayton elsewhere for a replacement not named Durant. The Nets are really in a piss poor position here, but, maybe they pull a rabbit (Toronto, Boston) out of their hat.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I have him in the Zach Lavine/Bradley Beal tier as a player…very good, but you’re wasting your time trying to build around him as the best player

16. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

I wonder if the Rockets would get involved as a facilitator in any KD deal…

17. dmoneybangbang

I think it would be foolish to just look at last year's playoff numbers and declare Durant this and that.... He had great regular season numbers and played his most minutes per game since 2013 season. Not to mention the Nets had a pouting Harden before he was traded mid season and a mostly absent Kyrie. Seemed like he was completely exhausted by the end of season.

And yet.... there are teams willingly to gamble because it's Durant on a 4 year contract and it's just how the NBA works.

18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If all the Nets get is Mitchell and a bunch of picks things are looking good for those future picks. Mitchell and Simmons core and pretty much all the key free agents accounted for puts the Nets in a really sh*t position. Oh, I forgot, Westbrick will be part of the core too!

luckyman76 and JayZ750 like this.
  19. dmoneybangbang

There's really no excuse for prematurely calling Jalen Green's potential as Corey Brewer level. You clearly jumped the gun. If Jabari disappoints in the first half of the season, hopefully you won't make a premature exclamation.

Take care, any more of this conversation is just a waste of time.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

they can’t even acquire Mitchell unless they get rid of Ben Simmons due to league rules…it would be Mitchell and a bunch of limited role players

I’d literally rather have Maxey who’s still under his rookie contract and has a ton of potential than Mitchell

luckyman76 and jiggyfly like this.