1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix] Stranger Things

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tallanvor, Jun 9, 2016.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

i gathered it was part of her character development for this season. it was set up where she isn't her true self in the presence of people her own age except to steve., eg band crush. they have two concurrent possible coming out storylines. if going with the opposites theme. one will be feelgood, the other bittersweet.

DreamShook likes this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Just picked up one of these for my 11 year old daughter. She is super psyched for Friday. Quicksilver is the Upside Down.

[​IMG]

Xerobull likes this.
  4. boomboom

Supporting Member

Oh snap! Master Of Puppets!

Argyle might've become the best character on this show.

5. Xerobull

Awesome ending. Lots of feels.

I’d say the most emotional thing for me was when:

Johnathan was trying to drive in a nail diagonally to secure the board on the broken window. What. The. ****.

Bring on s5!!!

Beezy, clos4life, Andre0087 and 2 others like this.
  6. boomboom

Supporting Member

Why Max?

Take Will. Please!

clos4life, Andre0087 and JumpMan like this.
  7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Shitty ending Why does Netflix feel the need to focus a central plot line of every ****ing show on “a character coming out”

they already gave us robin as a lesbian

Too many story lines others

Russia

pizza tank

vecna house

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

they could’ve gone big with a certain character death…I mean, she got fcked up and should be dead, but nah

Will got no girls from the beginning of S1, so I’m not surprised…even Dustin got himself one

Vecna seems like the Ronan to that smoke thing’s Thanos

Is it just me, or is Finn Wolfhard’s acting kinda shaky at times when he’s delivering dialogue?

I enjoyed it tho and will be here for S5

I still love the watching the crew interact with each other

clos4life and Andre0087 like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I get that it’s done as a throwback or whatever, but Yuri’s goofiness was still annoying me

I wanted somebody to just slap him and tell him to stfu and stop all that overacting

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It was fine… lol

I mean entertaining. Definitely not the best season. But I enjoyed it.

clos4life and boomboom like this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I enjoyed it, but that was needlessly bloated. 4 hours+!? that was maybe 2.5 hours of material tops. too much talking at the end. it was like 35 minutes of talking.

I'll be here for season 5! They need to end this man. The Upside Down is a gawd damn menace.

Duffer brothers need to incorporate some blk nostalgia into their show. We had a Sigourney Weaver, Molly Ringwald AND an Ally Sheedy variant. Where is the Vanity and Shari Headley variants?

#591 DreamShook, Jul 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Central? I mean, there was a lot of crap going on in addition to a character coming out. The whole show is about relationships not just fighting cave creatures.

#592 DreamShook, Jul 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't know if Max's character is coming back. but it's empty in her mind. that's worse than death. Then Lucas out here going to be reading her comic books to nobody until the end of time. That's rough. Killing her off would have been more merciful.

Reeko likes this.
  14. Xerobull

Papa said that Vecna takes everything when he kills someone. So her essence is in him since she died, which they were very clear about. I’m betting she wakes up at the end of the series after they kill Vecna once and for all. She may also offer some sort of insight into his mind via her body or he may posses her body during S5. It would all be on brand for the show.

gatsby, boomboom, Andre0087 and 2 others like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m assuming she’ll be fine and back to normal when everything’s said and done

Vecna should’ve taken Yuri’s over the top annoying ass…I would’ve been cheering

DreamShook likes this.
  16. PhiSlammaJamma

Overall I was entertained.

Liked the scene with the dorkie kid and Eddie's uncle. That conveyed some depth.

The climax was the best part for me, but some of the scenes in the previous three hours should have been cut, and that includes the poor acting by Will.

Have no predictions for what comes next. The master plan doesn't seem to have any clues buried in there.

What I think Netflix should have done, is cut this version down, and then release an extended cut for $20. That's how they can afford to keep paying for good content even if it doesn't improve their subscriber base. It would be an unfortunate compromise, but they have to do something to keep the ball moving. They have a lot of opportunities to make money here that are nearly equal to the Harry Potter franchise.

boomboom and Xerobull like this.
  17. Xerobull

Duffers already have at least one spinoff in the works. They’re very good, I’ll watch whatever they make.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Word? I didn’t know about this

Stranger Things gonna be like the Walking Dead?

19. Xerobull

Seems to be the trend for big streaming companies to have franchises. Works for me if they're good.

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Pretty good. Weakest is MR because Max is a tougher.

I agree but a character coming our completely ****ed up the relationships in season 3. They decided to do it midseason and had to scramble season 4 to rearrange.